It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Newly conceived be Screened for the Paranoid gene( to prevent a future Stalin?Hitler?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As the releasing of more and more previously top secret information about Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler is revealed to us all, the more we see how.... Paranoid.... each of these murderous moustached popular figures of the USSR and Germany were.

Stalin in particular ordered the deaths of almost forty million human beings, Hitler is most famous in Hollywood movies as six million victims of his twenty million murders were Jewish.
But whatever the tally of victims for each of these men who have more" History Channel space than any other human beings"it is widely accepted they suffered from paranoia as well as a bad moustaches and haircuts.

The question needs to be asked....is there a gene for Paranoia sufferers?

If so should the DNA of potential parents be examined?

In order that a replicant tree of Stalins or Hitlers dNA is not reintroduced into the world?

Or is this just paranoid overkill?

Or is it simpler to just screen world leaders in waiting for amphetimine, pethadine overuse?

Or should we just demand that hairdressers not give world leaders bad haircuts ?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Its nothing to do with paranoia,paranoids I know wouldn't hurt a fly.They are actually quite withdrawn not ranting leader material.
Just what we need more screening by government in the guise of "for yours and humanities good".This is a Hitler like idea,persecute the mentally ill.
edit on 23/8/2012 by glen200376 because: mistake

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

It has very little to with with paranoia and everything to do with Psychopathy/Sociopathy.

When we eliminate the gene/culture that produces these traits then we'll be home free.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
No.

That`s it really , just ..... no .

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

It isnt a gene that sparks these things , it`s our environment , the subliminal images / shapes / colours on every corner , the flicker rate of every screen , the constant flow of radio waves surrounding our heads ... so on and so forth.

The key is education , they dont teach you how dangerous these things are , infact they teach you just the opposite.

If man-kind was a natural savage / physco , we`d have wiped ourselves out in the year 0001.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

There is no "paranoid gene" imo. It's a mental process which is developed over time depending on ones environment. For instance people who have lived in more dangerous neighborhoods or people who have endured childhood abuse are typically more paranoid.

But their paranoia is not always a bad thing. You need to be a little bit paranoid when you live in dangerous places or your nonchalant attitude could get you killed. A certain degree of paranoia ensures that we aren't careless gullible fools, and even if there were such a gene you would not want to remove it.

A little bit of paranoia and questioning the facts presented is a healthy practice. You can't keep an open mind if you don't constantly question what you really know and can't be a skeptic when you can't question what others are trying to tell you. Being overly paranoid is probably not healthy, but it's not wrong.

Not every super-paranoid fool is going to transform that paranoia into actionable plans of mass homicide. In fact hardly any of them will, because they'd be too paranoid. You need a certain level of a calm and cold personality to maintain your composure and lead armies to follow you.
edit on 23/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

...Surely I'm not the only one that see's the irony in this thread???

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

lol... what you mean the fact that a paranoid conspiracy theorist is postulating his paranoid theories about the so called paranoid gene.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

...Surely I'm not the only one that see's the irony in this thread???

I see it mate.When I see irony I always think of Roger the alien from American Dad when he says "irony " in a squeeky,loud voice.
edit:the irony is also advocating Hitler like policies to prevent another Hitler.
edit on 23/8/2012 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Oh, we found this gene for the TENDANCY.

Wait, you mean that there's some that make it there with out it?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Navieko

lol... what you mean the fact that a paranoid conspiracy theorist is postulating his paranoid theories about the so called paranoid gene.

You talking about me ???

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
You all forget,

Genes are there, and are a template for how the body CAN develop.

Your environment will turn on and off genes as needed throughout your life.

So even though someone may have the genes needed for paranoia (it would be a mix of genes), then it would require external stimuli to activate them.

For example, your mother is being cheated on while you are in her stomach, and she knows ans suspects it, well the flood of hormones flowing through her, will effect you as a fetus, and you will likely turn on genes that make you less trusting of people, and more self reliant (and maybe even a tad paranoid by nature).

However, this is only a loose template, and the genes will make you more likely to show certain traits, but genes are very fluid and can be activated and deactivated throughout your life.

So scanning for Paranoia genes in a fetus, and aborting the fetus because of that, would be like aborting all fetuses with the chance of a certain disease because of genes, it can happen, but genes are not set in stone and do not define your character as a whole, they can give you a push in a certain direction, but you are master of your destiny not genes.

Also paranoia is the only reason the human species got this far, the monkey who was paranoid that a predator was close by, and hid first, would be more likely to survive when a predator did appear and pass those genes on.

Namaste.
edit on 23/8/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

A process like that will open the Pandora's box for far worse evil and genocide.I don't know if the "paranoid gene" exists or not,but i'm sure they will find a ton of different things to eliminate. in the end we will be a society of zombies.

Or should we just demand that hairdressers not give world leaders bad haircuts ?

And that is the WIN quote of the week

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If they eliminated everyone with the paranoia gene ATS would dry up.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Hitler was a paranoid nut job who wanted to use Eugenics to create his vision of a pure super race. He wanted to remover anything, which he saw as a defect, from the human race.

So... you are suggesting stopping this type of behaviour from happening in the future by removing, that which you consider as, defective genes to create a more perfect race...

OK... you do see the contradiction here don't you

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
So tell me OP, what would you suggest be done with the individual if they were found to have this "paranoid gene"? Kill the person?

I've said this before in other threads. This in itself would lead to a eugenics-driven dictatorship. Fighting fire with fire doesn't work when it comes to things like this, because eventually it will be abused and turn into the very problem that was being fought in the first place. You honestly think that technology such as this wouldn't be used for nefarious purposes? LOL. This is the elite's wet dream come true.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Does this take into account the fact that both Stalin and Hitler were financed and encouraged by the Illuminati? (at that time people like Prescott Bush were doing the money running.)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Paranoia has many causes, most of these posts are right except in their assertions that their reason is better than others. Paranoia is related to conscience, if you think that people are messing up and it will eventually hit you than you begin to get paranoid. Paranoia is a legitimate concern if it is kept reasonable. We have given power to the risk takers, power hungry, and irrational in this world because most people just want to live their life without responsibility for others lives. Seems like if we didn't allow these overpowering risk takers who are intent of deceiving us get power, it would be a better world. It's happened throughout recorded history so I doubt if this problem will ever change.

Am I paranoid? Hell no, why worry about things I cannot change. I gotta worry about my family, the ones I can influence.

new topics

top topics

join