It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite beer??? ;-p

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Little Creatures Pale ale

Yum Yum Yummy Yum Yum!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ninkasi out of Eugene and Blue Heron out of Portland Oregon been the flavors lately. We have some outstanding local beer, with organic hops and some serious brewers. As mentioned, Deschutes Brewery is another good beer line. For me these beers have become a luxury item for special occasions because of cost, 9.00 and up for a six. For budgeting times, PBR or Busch will do just fine.

Whenever I do get to travel outside the US, I look forward to trying other country's brews.
Beer, like music, is a universal language

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

2 of my favorites are:

St. Pauli girl
and
fat tire, skinny dip

oh and any German or English or American beer, according to mood.
edit on 8/23/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
For goodness sake. Aren't there any artisan brew aficianados here, besides me and GAOTU789? PLEASE!!!

Some of my personal faves:

Bisbee Brewing Company
Prescott Brewing Company (PBC)
Oak Creek Brewing Company

edit on 23-0820128-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

So when I talk of Bell's, they don't count? Not sure what "artisan brew aficianados" means.
www.bellsbeer.com
I concider myself a beer snob, thankyouverymuch!

edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: wanted to add url...but failed

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Dude, try Australia.

Little Creatures brewed down the road $18 for 6

Average Beer price $15 for 6

Extremely expensive here

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Pumphouse is an artisan brewery. They have all kinds of variety and the beer is only available locally I think.

They have a brew pub as well where the chef uses the different beer in the dishes. great stuff and the beer has won a bunch of awards.

You bring up a fantastic point - not only is the beer exceptional in brew pubs/micro-breweries but the food is most often really wonderfull as well!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Good old fashioned Tennents Lager,brewed in Glasgow & Scotland's favourite.Glaswegians love their alcohol so they know how to make good beer.I hear that they love Buckfast tonic wine better though!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Lagunitas Hopstupid, and Firestone Union Jack. Two of the finest IPA's that I have found!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
XXXX (4X) beer down in Australia! Great beer to enjoy while hanging out on the Gold Coast!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Ninkasi out of Eugene and Blue Heron out of Portland Oregon been the flavors lately. We have some outstanding local beer, with organic hops and some serious brewers. As mentioned, Deschutes Brewery is another good beer line. For me these beers have become a luxury item for special occasions because of cost, 9.00 and up for a six. For budgeting times, PBR or Busch will do just fine.

Whenever I do get to travel outside the US, I look forward to trying other country's brews.
Beer, like music, is a universal language

Peace

agreed on ninkasi they actually make a couple of my favorite brews we only have the 22oz bottles down here though and theyre like $6
stone and coronado brewing companies are both pretty good and much closer to me (though not much better on price)
some other ones i would recommend would be franziskaner, samuel smiths, gordon biersch
a little more affordable i would go with sierra nevada, belgium brewing co, or alaskan brewing co

as a cheaper more regular drink i like fosters heineken or tecate (i know tecate doesnt have the best reputation but its pretty cheap and i actually like it)

......why does good beer have to be so expensive

edit on 23-8-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Stella Artois is my go-to beer.

Beck's is a close second (my Charles Bukowski shout out).

I also like Boddington's, poured correctly, in the proper glass. Or Old Speckled Hen.

In a bar with a tap - all bets are off. If they have somethin-somethin I'm game. But Sam Adam's officially blows (I'm from Massachusetts - they always have some god-awful Sam on tap).

If I'm slumming: Corona is OK or Bud in the can (never bottle). Or Miller High Life (fond memories of my dad).

Never, ever drink too many Pabst Blue Ribbons. Ever, ever, EVER.

But for the ultimate experience, when I can afford it: Le Fin du Monde. Best beer in a lifetime. Like champagne. Only better.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Dude, try Australia.

Little Creatures brewed down the road $18 for 6

Average Beer price $15 for 6

Extremely expensive here

Most of the beer we have here is very expensive too. But lucky a few local breweries sort of stepped in. So you can buy this beer it's awful. But it's only 1 buck a beer. River Valley Red is so so. Buy it for the price not the taste. But I think after trying some of these strange brews like Innis and Gunn I'm done with drinking horse piss! But it's not cheap. I&G is 2.50 a bottle and the rum finish is 3.20 a bottle CAD$$

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
GOD BLESS BEER...........

Cookie Monster is on to it....

BUT being an expert in the consumption of beer with over 25 years SOLID experience and having lived in a few different countries this is my favourite:-

MMMMMMMMM.........Beer

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Talk about beer being expensive, here in the U.A.E., a case of Bud is around 160 Dirhams, around 45 U.S. Dollars. And of course you need a liquor licenses to buy anything. But I miss some of the breweries in the States. Up in Fort Collins, CO, New Belgium was wonderful. A pint of 1554 just brewed always hit the spot!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
OMG, The grocery chain Kroger in my area has a build a six pack in bottles for $9.99 Pretty good selection too.

Dogfish head 60 is better than the 90 imho

I like Chimay...good priced at Trader Joes

Lets not forget MMMHop by Hanson.
(is it out yet?)

blogs.menshealth.com...

This is an interesting list, bottom of the barrel by Beer Advocate

beeradvocate.com...
edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: add link

edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Amen!

It really is proof that God loves us.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

found a nice drop at my local camel outlet [thats a bottle-o for people that don't know]
it's called a cleanskin it comes in gold 3.7alc/vol and 4.2full strenght its from Korea and its only 27 bucks a case'
AND it is bueatiful drop aslong as its cold.
Cheers Ian

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Bud Light Platinum is my current go to.

On occasion I do like Cream Stout, forgot who makes it.

I'm still refining my tastes, only been of age to drink for a couple years.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
You all are posting some good stuff! It's only 7:30am here and you're making me thirsty!

Here are some of my favorites:
Sweetwater IPA - Sweetwater Brewing (Atlanta, Georgia) has some pretty good brews. Couple of times a year they do a high gravity run out of what they call "the dank tank". It's hard to find them in my area, but it is well worth the hunt!

Tuckaleechee Porter - This one is from a local micro-brewery, Smoky Mountain Brewery. Really dark and very good.

Bière Du Boucanier Dark Ale - I just call this one pirate beer. Cause it has 9% alcohol we have to get it at the liquor store. Because of the price, it's only a 1 or 2 times a year treat for me.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

My current fave is from a local microbrew:

Picaroons

Yippe India Pale Ale:

An East Coast-style India Pale Ale that weaves hop bitterness and aroma throughout a blanket of malt background. This beer may change from batch to batch as we explore the various interpretations of the style.

It's 6.5% but tastes like just about any pale ale. They offer a "Growler" which is a 64 ounce jug you purchase. It costs 19$ CAN to buy the jug and fill it with draft, then 10$ each time you fill it. Straight from the keg and stays good for about 2 days.

In fact, I have to go fill mine up tonight!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join