It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite beer??? ;-p

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
What's your favorite unique beer that you've tried??? (try to avoid saying ones that everyone has tried, like Bud)

Mine is Innis and Gunn, (rum and original both really good) definitely try it, you won't be disappointed.

edit on 22-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Although I really don't like any of them, I get my hubby one called "St. Sebastian's", that is in a ceramic bottle...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Bud Light Platinum, hands down. Second in line is Heiniken.

Although I prefer the hard stuff now, I still don't mind a fine beer.

Honorable mention to Sam Adams Honey Wheat and Sam Adams Summer ale

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Mine is BUDWEISER the king of beers, I am not really that outrageous though, some of my friends prefer the more expensive imports. I just don't think they are worth the price though.

Too bad budweiser sold out, I always liked thinking I was putting money in a rich Americans pocket every Friday and Saturday...ok honestly Sunday Monday and tues Wednesday and Thursday also sometimes back in the day.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Sleeman's Lager. It comes in a clear bottle that doesn't absorb as much heat as the regular dark bottle. There are/were no preservatives in it, so you had to get it pretty fresh. Because of the clear bottle, you can see wasps, bees and hornets get in just in in case. Algonquin is pretty damn good too. They are both only 5% alcohol and I am more of a rye and coke or straight up tequila kinda a guy, but beer is good in a pinch.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Whatever is cheap and cold. I love to drink beer and when Im thirsty I enjoy them all pretty much equally. Guinness and "Guinness like" beers can F right off though.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Grolsch.

Mostly because it sounds like a beer for the eternally cranky.

Bartender - What'll you have tonight?

Patron - Grolsch.

See?
edit on 22-8-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Tuborg red

fresh guinness

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

None..just cold with content.After a few they all taste the same anyway....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i love me some tricerahops (too expensive to drink except on special occasions though)
edit on 23-8-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

sierra nevada pale ale and there torpedo,

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What's up with people thinking that to have something different it has to be imported?

Buy LOCAL BEER.

For myself, as a Midwesterner, there's nothing better than a Bells "Two Hearted Ale".

Almost any IPA does it for me really. They are nice, around 6% and all you have to drink
are like 2 or 3 to get a nice warm buzz without getting bloated/bar bladder/dumb drunk.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I like a lot of the beers that Pumphouse Brewery makes here on the East Coast. good variety of micro brews that ya can get in both bottle and on tap.

I also like Grolsch that was mentioned earlier. Tasty stuff.

I drink Keiths regularly. They have a few good seasonal beers and their Dark Ale is good.

And Warsteiner. Easy drinking German beer.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There's a Black Butte Porter made in Oregon which is a chocolate based beer which is quite yummy, but my favorite that I've tried so far comes from Pagosa Springs, Colorado their local brewery its called the Poor Richards Ale. Oh my I can drink a growler of that to my self! I can't wait to go back up there just for that.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by r2d246

Mine is BUDWEISER the king of beers, I am not really that outrageous though, some of my friends prefer the more expensive imports. I just don't think they are worth the price though.

Too bad budweiser sold out, I always liked thinking I was putting money in a rich Americans pocket every Friday and Saturday...ok honestly Sunday Monday and tues Wednesday and Thursday also sometimes back in the day.

You know they actually use horse piss in the beer right? They get it from the Budwiser Cliddsdales. Then they add it to the beer to give it that unique flavor. It's the big joke they play on there customers.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
For goodness sake. Aren't there any artisan brew aficianados here, besides me and GAOTU789? PLEASE!!!

Some of my personal faves:

Bisbee Brewing Company
Prescott Brewing Company (PBC)
Oak Creek Brewing Company

edit on 23-0820128-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Pumphouse is an artisan brewery. They have all kinds of variety and the beer is only available locally I think.

They have a brew pub as well where the chef uses the different beer in the dishes. great stuff and the beer has won a bunch of awards.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by butterflyowl

I'm not gonna pay hard earned money for horse piss. If I want horse piss I'd go to a farm not the to the cold beer store!

The reason is clear. Innis and Gunn original it's smooth scottish beer with hints of toffee, vanilla and oak. It's totally and utterally delectable beer. It's a rapture an explosion of refreshing great taste, and organism of flavor in your month. NOT HORSE PISS that makes you chock and puke!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by salmoneggs

I totally agree! And I'm Irish too. Yuck!

But i'm still trying to understand the whole coffee thing

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I posted before I saw your post, my apologies...

So, ya'll (rest of you) your education definitely needs to include Dogfish Head - without which many things in the world of artisan brews would not be available to us commoners.
please explore and sample their selections and then check back...

Thanks folks!

edit on 23-0820128-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join