It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brainwashing that the Western Media has done to justify killing Arabs and muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

You know what? Every person in this country at heart knows damn well we do what we do for own damn self interests. We bomb them because their philosophy in the end is contradictory to the future as we see it. Truth is, it is... whatever dog and pony show we put on to rationalize it is all crap anyone with an iq over 110 knows it, but in the end I rather live in a liberal world, a world where I can drink a beer have sex and read what the hell I want.

The END

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Oh golly gosh... you sit here and bring up Pussy riot as an example of injustice...

Pussy Riot EXISTS even in Russia, scantily clad chicks named PUSSY up on stage and screaming obscenities and having fun and getting laid and drinking booze... all legal

So they offend the crap out of a whole lot of people by basically defiling a church without permission and do some time... only to GET OUT and get offered an American record deal and make like 200 Million bucks lol which I Assure you will be the case...

In Iran they'd be getting screwed by a guy they didn't love from teenage years and wear a mask if they so much as WROTE a single one of these songs they'd be locked away forever if not killed DEAD

Thais very REAL Pussy Riot would never EXIST in Iran. PERIOD let alone spark a controversy or get worldwide publicity, the music on cassette tape would land you in jail if caught

Imagine that... several Islamic girls entered a mosque and defiled it, DEATH PENALTY not.... 8 months of 2 years doing time to get out and become mega stars...Death

Give me a break

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
Incredibly weak thread

No one would give a living poo poo if you were Islamic or not when the culture overall catches up to the rest of the world and religion to the 80% was nothing more than a set of basic morals, holidays and simple traditions converted into days off from work to celebrate.

So long as a significant % actually believes this nonsense to an extreme literal degree no one will like them, any, and I repeat ANY support the culture has globally revolves around 2 things, political containment of America for obvious reasons and occasionally actual fear of having a fatwa declared on your ass which is the other 10% lol

Let me say this straight I think our culture is crap but at least being brainwashed by TV is entertaining sometimes, being brainwashed by bs religion is as mindless as it gets.

I think this is a great post. Except being brainwashed, neither one is "better" than anything. But regardless....great post. And a great point.

No one likes being around religious fanatics. I live in the buckle of the bible belt here....i know religious fanatics.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Oh, I think you understood me completely wrong. Did my post say that I was in support of Pussy Riot? I don't recall saying that, because I certainly do not support them.

Maybe I did not make myself clear... I was using them as example of ethnocentrism - western media supports them and take the opportunity to insult Russia. Because our culture is different to the West, the media uses this to disparage us and justify their cultural imperialism. And actually they got minimum sentences anyway - personally I think they should have more, for this is not the first stunt they have pulled.

Maybe my English is more rusty than I thought. But you see now the example I was using? And how I was condemning this ethnocentrism which basically is tool for Western governments to justify their imperialism, and how many people fall into this trap without truly realising how horrible and offensive they are being?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Its the greedy business men that will do anything for money so can be manipulated by religious leaders, Makes me think are the wars in the middle east for oil or is the oil a tool to get the money men on board. after all, these wars have been thought against the middle east before america or oil even existed. well oil existed but you get what i mean. hopefully

edit on 23-8-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

But the media paints them as soulless barbaric monsters who will kill anyone in the name of good.

No they don't.
Not here in the UK anyway - if anything they try their best to portray Muslims in a positive light and to surpress or play down negative aspects of Muslim culture etc.

The terrorists are condemned by their own actions - plain and simple.

I'm not saying that there aren't valid reasons why people turn to the extremists like The Taliban at times, and 'Western' policies and their insensitive and selfish approach certainly hasn't helped the situation.

But the harsh reality is that until the majority of Muslims begin to accept some sort of responsibility for the current situation we will never make significant progress and there will always be conflict and confrontation.

And that process is not helped by those who continually chose to ignore evidence and proclaim everything and anything as a Zionist / US / UK led conspiracy and that nothing ever is the fault and responsibility of evil, murdering, terrorists whose only agenda is to impose their will on other's with no regard or concern for anyone else's wishes or beliefs.
edit on 23/8/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Yeah, It's all about oil. Here's a link to a Rob Newman presentation to illustrate.

History of Oil

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As usual a biased thread (anti West/US) with YT clips. No offense to you but with all due respect, with the number of similar threads with similar rhetorics, it might seem that the thread poster himself is brainwashed to almost always post negative/anti-US/West threads. How much of the so called 'Brainwashing' occurs in the ME in the name of religion/factions/anti-US/West by the leaders of ME? Can someone post the videos/clips originating from the other side?
edit on 23-8-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Do you want me to post videos of what the brainwashing of the East has done to justify killing non muslims? I can do that too. Youtube is a wonderful propaganda tool.

This lovely 92 year old lady above brags about her people and her father massacring the jews in hebron and calls for more massacres.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Extremism is not limited to country nor religious group.

Agreed but....

They don't simply get a free pass because it's not part of your theory. Obviously, when that is included it throws a wrench in your idea. Showing Muslim extremist activity is NOT justifying killing Arabs. It's showing Muslim extremism.

What?

We show, discuss, debate and argue every other form of human activity from cultures and religions from all over the planet but showing Islamic dirty laundry is now Taboo simply because it shows them in a bad light?

Where's the objectivity in that?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
MEMRI is solely a zionist (bibi, ehud and the gang) summary of Islam.

i have watched it for years.

keep in mind that bibi and the mossad gang brag that they have infiltrated every muslim organization.

keep in mind that when bibi feels he needs a few more votes, he has his gaza minions crack of a few rounds of rockets at jewish religions schools.

keep in mind the strange on tv murder of the gaza arms chief in Dubai.

20 mossad followed him around on cctv than snuffed him with a pillow in his own room

if you think what you see of islam on our media is accurate, splain that.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Do you want me to post videos of what the brainwashing of the East has done to justify killing non muslims? I can do that too. Youtube is a wonderful propaganda tool.

This lovely 92 year old lady above brags about her people and her father massacring the jews in hebron and calls for more massacres.

Just sayin'

Very nice. Should I care to show you some videos of your brave and strong israeli soldiers beating up kids or women? Or maybe fanatic settlers beating up kids or women? Or are you interested in gore? There are loads of videos of the great, and glorious Israeli army bombing houses and dropping white phosphorus for self defence.
Besides, those videos must be filled with mistranslations.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Just sayin'

Very nice. Should I care to show you some videos of your brave and strong israeli soldiers beating up kids or women? Or maybe fanatic settlers beating up kids or women? Or are you interested in gore? There are loads of videos of the great, and glorious Israeli army bombing houses and dropping white phosphorus for self defence.
Besides, those videos must be filled with mistranslations.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Sorry to inform you Mr RimDaas from Pakistan, but the translation is dead on accurate.

Now tell me, how is it you're constantly complaining about how Israel and the US are killing Muslims, while ignoring the number of Muslims killed by Muslims?
Is it the inconvenient truth you can't or won't handle, or you're here just as a propaganda tool?

Here is a very partial list-

Pakistan vs Bangladesh : 1,250,000
Iran – Iraq war: 1,000,000
Sudan civil war and genocide: 1,900,000
Lebanese civil war – 150,000-230,000
Iran, Iraq, Turkey: 300,000 Kurds.
Iranian revolution : 80,000
Rwanda genocide: 900,000
Syria 1982: 20,000
1970 Jordan: 5000-10000 “Palestinians” killed.

Now please remind us, How many died in all of Israel vs Muslim states conflicts?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Are we debating the number of Muslims killing Muslims? No we are not. I suggest you bring that up somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
First it was the Jews.
Then the Blacks.
Then the communists.
Now the Muslims.
The question is: Who is next?

You forgot to mention the Aboriginal Australian population, the Maori people of New Zealand and the native tribes of the American continent.
Personally I think that after the NWO have crushed the Islamic world they will take on the Innuits of the Arctic circle.Especially if oil is found on their land. God help them.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

The movie "Rules of Engagement" is just a clever way of making people believe "anyone who dies in the middle east, even children, must have deserved it".

Good video. You only have to read comments on the internet to see how effective this form of mind control is.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Are we debating the number of Muslims killing Muslims? No we are not. I suggest you bring that up somewhere else.

Thought so....the truth hurts doesn't it ?

edit on 24-8-2012 by gravitational because: Quote

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

There are loads of videos of the great, and glorious Israeli army bombing houses and dropping white phosphorus for self defence.

There are loads of videos of the great and glorius PLO/PA/Hamas "army" randomly firing rockets into Israel and sending women to bomb little kids and people in restaurants. I got a nice video of a muslim woman who murdered a bunch of jewish kids under the age of 10 and then laughed about killing the "ape babies". BTW white phosphorus has been used by Hamas and Hezbollah both and they get it from black market arms dealers. It's also been used against U.S. troops in afghanistan by the Taliban and i've heard cases where U.S. soldiers hit by WP bombs get scalded down to the bone and it's hard to stop because it can reignite and in many cases it reignited after wounds were sutured up.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
reply to post by gravitational

That is a distraction and derailing argument people use. its kinda like saying

"they kill their own people, so its not so bad if we kill"
"black people owned black slaves first, so it snot bad if we own some"

This mind set is justifying something bad, with "if others are doing it, it must be not so bad"

-----

imagine this scenario;

1) Someone you were really close with was killed by their uncle.

2) Someone who you were close with were killed by a Muslim Terrorist.

you will be sad someone died BUT You know for a fact that you anger level for the 2nd scenario would be high.

What people do to their own kind is their own problem, don't get involved.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join