It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to thank Pensacola Police Department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Police Bust Abusive Officer

It appears Pensacola Police Department actually watches the video from the patrolmens cruiser. they
found this officer abusing a citizen and they fired him, without a complaint from the citizen he abused.
I think if we thank them for helping stop official crime - it might encourage better behaviour - or at least
it might encourage better behaviour from the men in blue - if they knew they will be held accountable.
which has been a sore issue with me and youtube video's.

711 North Hayne Street Pensacola, FL 32501
(850) 435-1855

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
nice gesture but im sure they
are way too busy to be taking tons of thank you calls.
We should not have to thank someone for doing their job the right way.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The officer pulling her to the side of her car caused her to slip on the curb thereby resulting in face meeting car. If that is a curb I see. Still was his fault though. Remember drunks are fragile people. Please handle them with care.

Lol, I love when she tells the cop to F off. Priceless.
edit on 22-8-2012 by PatriotAct because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Interesting, I wonder who this officer angered to recieve a "routine" look on his activities.
Most likely the department knew this guy was an accident waiting to happen so they took proactive action.
Some departments could save some good taxpayer revenue if they only did some major "random" checks on videos like this and weed out the bad from the good.
I feel for this previous officers wife as now that he cannot beat on his random victims, she is next.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
He may have been annoyed by the fact that:

A) She was drinking and driving
B) Coming up with multiple excuses that someone stole her car
C) In total denial of striking 2 cars that same night.
D) Along with no insurance.
E) Her past record speaks for itself
F) The officer repeated himself over and over, and I know she isn't stupid. When someone is drunk they still know what the word "Sit in the car means". No excuses. She totally was ignoring him and resisting his commands.

Yeah, I don't know what set him off that night. People like her piss me off too. Now, she might get a hefty settlement from the state of Florida, enough to pay her fines, do no time for her actions, and still act like Lindsy Lohan.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I do not...NOT understand why you have no stars or flags for this story op!! I've seen enough ATS'ers complaining of police brutality....finally...a cop does the right thing and the stories not flagged???

If anything.... Support for this police station will show other's that police brutality won't be tolerated....

Ok...pipe dream...but...support for doing the right thing is always a good thing...!! S&F!!!!

And I gotta laugh at the ATS'er that says she deserved it because he got a call she hit two cars??? Even if she's guilty..he doesn't have all the facts...she said it was stolen! So he decided to take her right to a trial and just ASSume she's guilty????

No flipping wonder our constitutions down the drain...people aren't paying attention in school to out basic rights!!!

I'm a little angry and disgusted! Don't forget...if the chief felt his own guy did wrong, he wouldn't have given him his day in court!! Remember that!!!
edit on 23-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
He may have been annoyed by the fact that:

A) She was drinking and driving
B) Coming up with multiple excuses that someone stole her car
C) In total denial of striking 2 cars that same night.
D) Along with no insurance.
E) Her past record speaks for itself
F) The officer repeated himself over and over, and I know she isn't stupid. When someone is drunk they still know what the word "Sit in the car means". No excuses. She totally was ignoring him and resisting his commands.

all just assumptions. But we dont know.

Yeah, I don't know what set him off that night. People like her piss me off too. Now, she might get a hefty settlement from the state of Florida, enough to pay her fines, do no time for her actions, and still act like Lindsy Lohan.

She didn't even put in a complaint, the video was found on routine check. Even if you were correct about any of the above, this cop introduced her face to the car, you cant defend that. Its part of the job to deal with people of all walks of life, you wont always enjoy it but you don't have a right to be a d**k about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
S&F. Stories like this give me a bit of hope. There was a thread earlier showing an officer being polite and professional, while the ones being stopped were just trying to provoke.
Although it's a shame police brutality videos still outnumber this type of thing 10 to 1.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I do not...NOT understand why you have no stars or flags for this story op!! I've seen enough ATS'ers complaining of police brutality....finally...a cop does the right thing and the stories not flagged???

It's probably because we've seen/heard/read police brutality much worse than that. That was nothing compared to some of the things many cops have gotten away with. The guy was just for a split-second a bit overly aggressive with some stupid woman clearly resisting his commands. He certainly didn't deserve to get fired for it, unless he's had warnings and suspensions before, which I don't know.

All I know is there of literally dozens of instances of actual police abuse where I wished for firings that didn't come. So I don't really consider this much of a win. There's nothing to get ecstatic about here.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Reply to [SearchLightsInc]

I have 0 sympathy for this woman. This is not her first but her 2nd time hitting a car and running off. All within the same month. Not to mention child cruelty.

Bonds was arrested on driving drunk charges and was being chased by police for hitting and running from the scene after slamming her car into parked cars.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Abbi Bonds, who was identified by a witness as the driver who hit two vehicles before fleeing the scene.

Bonds reportedly had paint on her vehicle, which matched the two cars she allegedly hit.

According to the police report, Bonds told Geraci she was running after her car because someone had taken it.

Bonds was charged with driving under the influence, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to yield, and no proof of insurance, according to the article.

www.abc15.com...

fandaily.info...

On July 1st, 2010 by the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, she was charged with possession of drugs, her bond was $2.000.

Her second arrest came on January 19th, 2011 by the Santa Rosa County she was charged with one traffic offense charge and cruelty toward a child.

Her third arrest happened in Pensacola on August 2nd. at about 2:30 a,m when she was driving her Chevy Camaro hitting several cars, she was charged with one charge on traffic offense and a hit a run charge. Bond was set at $1.000.

top topics

join