It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me your blue print

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hello my people,
While searching for a book to read, I ended up doing a little researching and ended up with this thread. With out any other sources I watch this video and liked, it resonated in me…

I then decided to “Deny Ignorance” and did a search on his credibility and found this

Which brings me to my point, how are we as civilized species suppose to move forward when we have certain individuals so good at lying? Better yet, what are you guys/gals current blue print for pin pointing lies that you want to agree with because they mean well but the message is far from the intent?

I myself choose to observe and really have a hard time putting my roots down on any given idea. Not a flip flopper just very cautious on backing ideas that I do not have first hand experiences. Any how, really hope to hear your blue prints on all this, also there are a ton of people that are going on my list these days and I am sure many of you know the usual suspects: Greer, Wilcock etc I want to believe but….

Oyea thoughts on Benjamin Fulford??

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mosthated718bx

If they're asking for money, well, that's a dead give away.

The more insidious will lure you in with a message in the old bait and switch routine where then to "advance", "ascend", or whatever catch phrase or buzzword they choose to use is employed with emphasis on giving up your worldly possessions to show commitment, or whatever other excuse can be given, as well as lots of help regarding where the proceeds of your worldly possessions go.

It's fine and okay to believe what parts of a message from whoever you want to believe.
Just don't give anyone your money.
Don't recruit for them so other people get suckered into giving money.
Keep it to yourself.
Don't become a zealot.
Don't become their worshipful slave acolyte.
Pick up bargain bin books at any used book store philosophy/new age section that will tell you the same thing.

and/or

Convert to Hinduism because it's already adopted/assimilated most of the New Age trappings into it before there ever was such a thing as New Age.
Hinduism has Kama Sutra too.

You can find all the same in Hinduism and more to whatever capacity or leisure you wish to apply yourself to meditating in a loincloth under constant fasting and poverty, up to simple casual non-intrusive adherence and casual observation.

or

Believe in nothing that you don't know for certain through direct experience.
Make your own rules.

Some of the best "Christians" I've met have been Atheists; doing a better job at observing Christian ways of giving, caring, volunteering, donating, helping and trying to make the world a better place than every Christian I've ever met.

edit on 22-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Thanks for stopping by,
I like your view points and totally agree with you. As far as everything at one time or another having been written before, well does it still make the accounts legitimate? Who knows,
at your Kama sutra comment. I will be looking through some of your threads as I feel your logically sound in your current statements, thanks.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Mosthated718bx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mosthated718bx

Thanks for stopping by,
I like your view points and totally agree with you. As far as everything at one time or another having been written before, well does it still make the accounts legitimate? Who knows,
at your Kama sutra comment. I will be looking through some of your threads as I feel your logically sound in your current statements, thanks.

Thanks.
I actually think your username to some extent applies to me.
I get a huge amount of hate from members for my opinions, the way I look at things, and the logical processes I apply to topics, though there are digressions from such as we all have our moments.

As for messages and legitimacy; All these pretend prophets, gurus, channelers, and seers, got their messages from somewhere, and I'll bet you they didn't get it from any magical 'beyond', nor from ghosts, aliens, or any other source other than some out of print New Age title they've put their own spin on.
You can get the same from any New age book yourself.

Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, The Tao of Pooh, Johnathan Livingston Seagull and/or its companion Illusions are a few titles, though I think Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is like Moby Dick in the respect that it's on the list of books that lots people claim to have read but have never actually finished.

There's also novels like Life of Pi, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, or anything from writer Tom Robbins for that matter.

Like the Jackie Chan movies where Chan tries to illustrate that Kung Fu is a way of life, a way of doing things, from simply putting on a jacket, removing it, then hanging it back up again, on up to using the same moves for defense; Philosophy can be found everywhere and anywhere.

Make up your own philosophy. It will be more true and perfect for YOU than any ONE specific pre-packaged drive through window philosophy ready made for consumption.
Steal from everything you like and leave what you don't.

Make your own myth, and just like anything custom, it will be yours and yours alone.

Too often these gurus, prophets and channelers tell you to "wake up" and stop being a follower, all the time they're taking your money and teaching you exactly how to be a follower ... of them.
Who needs to be spoon fed ideas told by someone else?

Make your own philosophy, own it, and live it. BE your own philosophy.

Our only limitations are those we set for ourselves, and those which cannot be broken in nature and physics.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I normally try to do a little research on their backgrounds, their history. For example and since you mention them, Greer, Wilcock and Fulford have a record of predicting things that just don't happen. Or have stories that are so out there that it makes you go...wait...what??? That'd be my first alert. Then I look at their money source. Some of them are pure extortionists. Second alert.

Googling a name followed by "HOAX" or "SCAM' will - most of the time - show interesting results. Applying this same principle in our own ATS Search function will do the same.

That's just the way I personally do it. Hope it helps.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

A THIRD INTERPRETATION: LITERAL + PARABLE = A NEW INTERPRETATION

Self-esteem or self-belief is closely linked to the neurotransmitter Serotonin. When the lack of it takes on severe proportions, it often leads to depression, self-destructive behaviour or even suicide.

Social Validation makes us feel and know we BELONG. No one wants to be DESOLATE (without and lacking.) DE - of, SOL - SOLITARY - SINGLE - ALONE, and ATE - state of being.

An example would be Seperation from G_d. We would be desolate. As when G_d turned His face from those who did not hear; and they were made desolate.

UNLESS you learn to love and forgive yourself of your own failings and ACCEPT you are a child of G_d; and only then, without pretense or denial, can you stand naked before G_d.

Recall the old tale of the Silver Smith. Knowing exactly when to remove the silver from the fire, lest it be burnt-up? When you can see YOUR OWN face in it. One second too long and it is burnt-up, one second not enough is not purified. Once this is done can we truly love our neighbor like Jesus commanded, as well as the stranger; but we must love them both without prejudices.

WE are made in the image of G_d.

We are in a CONSTANT DUALITY between how we see ourselves and how others see us, (or how we perceive others seeing us.)
IF those two perceptions are at disagreement, COGNITIVE DISSONANCE ocurrs; and is a state of holding two conflicting beliefs or ideas (ideologies,) at the same time.

Ways of reconciling the "dissonance" is by action, denial, violence, or apathy.

This state is not healty or the natural state for Human Beings. Media can accomplish this by sub-liminal suggestion. SUBLIME - below perception.

Until recognized.

Learning how to become self-aware is not as hard as it seems.

Just place yourself in another's shoes and walk a mile in them. Take a moment, in-time, where you become the perspective of a third person, looking-over your own shoulder, then stop and try to develop empathy for how another would feel in the same exact circumstance.

This is loving your neighbor, as yourself. I can think of no better example of it. Since we are all one in the same.

IT'S REALLY THIS SIMPLE!

READ MY POSTS ON THE THREAD "LACK OF OPENNESS" www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-8-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I love that used the Jackie Chan example
funny thing is its almost along the lines of something I wrote in my introductory thread, about life being about expression. And you couldn't be more right about taking a little of everything and make it your own. Well if the name suits you and I have agreed with your ideas thus far, then I'm sure it will be used appripately by me

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Same here and
at the moment when you realized you have been mind bumped

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster

A THIRD INTERPRETATION: LITERAL + PARABLE = A NEW INTERPRETATION

Self-esteem or self-belief is closely linked to the neurotransmitter Serotonin. When the lack of it takes on severe proportions, it often leads to depression, self-destructive behaviour or even suicide.

Social Validation makes us feel and know we BELONG. No one wants to be DESOLATE (without and lacking.) DE - of, SOL - SOLITARY - SINGLE - ALONE, and ATE - state of being.

An example would be Seperation from G_d. We would be desolate. As when G_d turned His face from those who did not hear; and they were made desolate.

UNLESS you learn to love and forgive yourself of your own failings and ACCEPT you are a child of G_d; and only then, without pretense or denial, can you stand naked before G_d.

Recall the old tale of the Silver Smith. Knowing exactly when to remove the silver from the fire, lest it be burnt-up? When you can see YOUR OWN face in it. One second too long and it is burnt-up, one second not enough is not purified. Once this is done can we truly love our neighbor like Jesus commanded, as well as the stranger; but we must love them both without prejudices.

WE are made in the image of G_d.

We are in a CONSTANT DUALITY between how we see ourselves and how others see us, (or how we perceive others seeing us.)
IF those two perceptions are at disagreement, COGNITIVE DISSONANCE ocurrs; and is a state of holding two conflicting beliefs or ideas (ideologies,) at the same time.

Ways of reconciling the "dissonance" is by action, denial, violence, or apathy.

This state is not healty or the natural state for Human Beings. Media can accomplish this by sub-liminal suggestion. SUBLIME - below perception.

Until recognized.

Learning how to become self-aware is not as hard as it seems.

Just place yourself in another's shoes and walk a mile in them. Take a moment, in-time, where you become the perspective of a third person, looking-over your own shoulder, then stop and try to develop empathy for how another would feel in the same exact circumstance.

This is loving your neighbor, as yourself. I can think of no better example of it. Since we are all one in the same.

IT'S REALLY THIS SIMPLE!

READ MY POSTS ON THE THREAD "LACK OF OPENNESS" www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-8-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

Interesting post here, I apperciate your thought out response here. So let me get this right the reason these guys are who they or rather behave the way they do is due to their fall from the precetion they think GOD perceives them?? I might need to clarify again if I lost you. I'll read your thread a little later to fully understand your approach on all this.

top topics

join