It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do girls dress like whores now-a-days?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I love Google

1920's Controversy - The Flapper

These liberal,free-thinking women wore short skirts,short haircuts,sheer stockings and,most shockingly make-up.They hung at speakeasies,danced,smoked cigarettes,drank bootleg liqour,and partied late into the night.They would wear heavy make-up
and dresses showing thier calfs,which back then was really revealing.

the 30's and 40's were different (gee I wonder why)

in the 50's people were busy freaking out about Elvis hips and just being happy to have bright and colorful clothes to wear (they also began mass production in the 50's)

The mini-skirt was "officially" invented in the 1960's, and Jeans! which could be worn by men or women! oh the horror!!!!!!

This is interesting

High in the mountains in some of Europe’s oldest villages, archaeologists have recently unearthed ancient figurines dating between 5400-4700 B.C. What is remarkable about the figurines is not only their age, but also that the female figurines appear to be beautifully dressed in miniskirts not unlike the fashionable miniskirts of the 1960s, prompting some scholars to speculate that miniskirts were common in the earliest of civilizations (Derbyshire 2007). Interestingly, these figurines are not the only evidence of “ancient miniskirts. For example, an ancient Egyptian fresco shows a female acrobatic dancer wearing a “mini skirt” seemingly made out of cotton that shows off both her hips and her legs (Gandolfi 1989).

and of course the 70s!!! Hemlines and Hotpants!!!!
1970's

As I said earlier, I prefer the 80's - Spandex and lace and denim - fishnet stockings - hair 2 miles high! thats just a normal day, one outfit

1980's fashion

Women revealed themselves and wanted to express their sexuality freely. An important representative and symbol of this era is Madonna. She created new trends as regards 1980 clothes that were a big hit for a decade. Madonna brought into fashion the use of fishnet stockings, fingerless gloves, silver chains, and a wild style.

But 1980 clothes and fashion were highly revolutionary not only for women. Inspired by the Punk movement, men began to wear earrings for the first time. Long hair style was also more fashionable than in the 70’s. Voluminous hair was common in women only, but in the 80's men began to produce their hair just as women by using mousse and other products to make their hair look eccentric.

In general, 1980 clothes and fashion is characterized by being stylish and sophisticated. Sunglasses, big shoulder pads, torn and fishnet stockings, mousse, chains, boots, mini skits, big shirts and tight pants and a thousand of colors are the elements that made the 1980 decade an unforgettable era.

1990's!
oh god, can we just skip the 90's - when I started googling the first thing that came up is Heroin Chic - so gross

In fact I think I'll stop here anyway. I'm running out of characters and I think I made my point. If not it comes down to this.....

Today's fashion is not the best or the worse, its just different and tailored to the Era. Sex only sells so hard because people like "you" make it so taboo. You seeing a girl in a tight dress and thinking she's hot, then realizing she's a teenager, forces you to question your own moral compass, so you retaliate immediately by questioning hers, when NEITHER OF YOU DID ANYTHING WRONG.

Now, I don't particularly think skinny jeans are attractive, but my son used to, so I let him wear them. These days he opts for more appropriate fitting jeans. I'm happy about it, but it was his choice.

Fashion is ever changing and evolving, there will always be someone complaining about what "these kids" are wearing today.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Forevever because: if you find any more mistakes in this than I did, go easy on me

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Char-Lee
The subject is NOT about sex. And yes if we did not have a sick culture we could all go nude and no one would try molesting you or your toddler.

And once again, ill explain it slowly.

If a woman chooses to walk around completely naked and is molested or raped because of it, its the RAPISTS fault. The only thing the woman would be guilty of is public indecency. The rape is never her fault, its the mans fault he cant control himself.

Sigh, I didnt wanna say this but I gotta.. There is no getting around it, a scantily dressed and especially a NUDE female body is sexually stimulating to 90% of males, yes its the males fault for not being able to control his urges but the woman who does it, is just asking for trouble and you know it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I hate to get involved in that debate Jugger, but quite frankly if sex wasn't so freakin Taboo - she'd probably put on more clothes, and he'd be more able to control the urges that society has forced him to suppress.

So who's really to blame?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

I hate to get involved in that debate Jugger, but quite frankly if sex wasn't so freakin Taboo - she'd probably put on more clothes, and he'd be more able to control the urges that society has forced him to suppress.

You make a good point.. I have no argument for that... except, regardless of the truth in your comment, we have to look at the facts.. and the facts are that it is taboo, society has made the naked body a mystery in most cultures and MAN in general are intrigued and in some cases, excited by mysteries..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by poloblack

You just assume its unprotected sex, and sex with multiple people.

We can say one thing, and do ANOTHER you know
The song I posted is just WOMEN asserting what the COULD do, and SHOULD be able to do with getting judged in a manner in which men don't.

But I already know whats in your mind, so I dunno why I just bothered to type this.
My post was regarding The lyrics to The ''song'' that you posted. It said what it said, and implied that if guys had multiple lovers, women should too. I didn't write The lyrics...I just spoke on them.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

You make a good point.. I have no argument for that... except, regardless of the truth in your comment, we have to look at the facts.. and the facts are that it is taboo, society has made the naked body a mystery in most cultures and MAN in general are intrigued and in some cases, excited by mysteries..

Wouldn't the ultimate solution then be to relax, let their clothes get skimpier, and desensitize the men to whats underneath? Oh wait, thats what internet is for

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
OP, I want to thank you for bringing this to us to discuss. I'm surprised at how some would question the fact a problem exists or how obscene the sexualization of small children has become. For anyone who might debate the mere fact that our children are being dressed up to look like Whores, I'd offer this picture and let it speak for itself.

Now there isn't even a pretense here. She's specifically dressed to match the movie 'whore' played by Julia Roberts in the movie 'Pretty Woman'. It's a move I wouldn't even allow a child that age to WATCH, let alone dress to mimic.

and this just beats all....

Mother of ‘Toddlers & Tiaras’ Star Sues for Millions After Daughter Is ‘Sexualized’ on the Web

Momma dresses her child like a movie prostitute and then has the gall to sue when people see the girl for exactly what she was dressed to depict. It's obscene and vile in my view and the whole thing is a form of Child Abuse as I see it.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Sigh, I didnt wanna say this but I gotta.. There is no getting around it, a scantily dressed and especially a NUDE female body is sexually stimulating to 90% of males, yes its the males fault for not being able to control his urges but the woman who does it, is just asking for trouble and you know it.

While i agree sexy, attractive females scantily clad can be very arousing, thats not the point. They are not ASKING for it, thats ridiculous.

There is no difference between saying that and saying that you, when going to the beach and wearing a short swimsuit deserves to be raped by a gay guy who find YOU attractive. After all, he is a male, your scantily clad, and he cant control his urges.

Agreed?

edit on 23-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Wouldn't the ultimate solution then be to relax, let their clothes get skimpier, and desensitize the men to whats underneath? Oh wait, thats what internet is for

Well, they are a bit more relaxed in most of Europe but here in the States, laws would have to be changed first.
There are women that get arrested for baring a boob in public in some states, I like boobs

If I were President, I would declare a National boob day

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
The subject is NOT about sex. And yes if we did not have a sick culture we could all go nude and no one would try molesting you or your toddler.

And once again, ill explain it slowly.

If a woman chooses to walk around completely naked and is molested or raped because of it, its the RAPISTS fault. The only thing the woman would be guilty of is public indecency. The rape is never her fault, its the mans fault he cant control himself.

Yeah well regardless of Fault, if it still happens there are the same consequences.
We know the society we live in.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

While i agree sexy, attractive females scantily clad can be very arousing, thats not the point. They are not ASKING for it, thats ridiculous.

There is no difference between saying that and saying that you, when going to the beach and wearing a short swimsuit deserves to be raped by a gay guy who find YOU attractive.

Agreed?

Yes, I do agree.. Im not saying its right, im just saying thats the way things are, right or wrong.
Listen, I really didnt wanna get into this type of debate, like I said in a previous post, I have a teen daughter and I constantly have to monitor her dressing decisions, for her protection.. something shes yet to understand lol... I shoulda just kept my mouth shut.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes, I do agree.. Im not saying its right, im just saying thats the way things are, right or wrong.
Listen, I really didnt wanna get into this type of debate, like I said in a previous post, I have a teen daughter and I constantly have to monitor her dressing decisions, for her protection.. something shes yet to understand lol... I shoulda just kept my mouth shut.

I have a daughter as well, not in her teens yet, but close so i understand and agree for the most part. I simply took exception to the fact you said they were "asking for trouble".

No one asks to get raped, no matter how innocent or not their intentions are.

Ps. while reviewing your post you dont seem to be implying they deserve it, so i think im nitpicking over your wording.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I have a daughter as well, not in her teens yet, but close so i understand and agree for the most part. I simply took exception to the fact you said they were "asking for trouble".

No one asks to get raped, no matter how innocent or not their intentions are.

Ps. while reviewing your post you dont seem to be implying they deserve it, so i think im nitpicking over your wording.

Its cool.. and no I would never imply that anyone "deserves" that type of brutality. You seem to understand what I meant now, so I think I'll exit this thread..
Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

do you really expect that they shape their anti_christic new world order by some dignified and aware people !
is a child grown up in it's family full of love, a better soldier for them or those without family and full of mentally problems !
edit on 23-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
for the same reason that just about every aspect of decent society has disappeared...

no one cares anymore.

I'll have a hard time raising kids.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yes they should *ABLE* TO ...IF THEY WANT TO. Doesn't necessarily mean they will. You men really are primitive.

By the way, even if women, OR man chose to walk around naked, its a human body, its natural, you don't see animals going round raping the other sex of their species because they don't have clothes on.

Nudists would be a good example. Jesus Christ, if your sexual urges are that bad, you must be one lonely, desperate guy.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

do you really expect that they shape their anti_christic new world order by some dignified and aware people !
is a child grown up in it's family full of love, a better soldier for them or those without family and full of mentally problems !
edit on 23-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

We are not talking about the nwo or who is a better soldier and/or why they are a better soldier...i don't get where your post is coming from in this topic.

I understand that English is not everyone's first language.
Can you try to reword it for us so we better understand sir?
To retort,there are many girls with good loving families that still dress provocatively.

edit on 23-8-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Nudists would be a good example. Jesus Christ, if your sexual urges are that bad, you must be one lonely, desperate guy.

I'm pretty sure that you're one of those broads that wears skirts that look more like a thick belt and get pissed when a man stares.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't think its fair to blame men for having sexual urges, especially when women walk around half dressed.

That's like putting a bowl of soup in front of a hungry man and asking him to not eat it.

We are basically telling men that there is something wrong with them for feeling what comes naturally, and putting them down for wanting to act on it.

Yes, there are ways to relieve that urge without resorting to rape, but why incite men , and dangle carrots in front of them, just to tell them they lack self control for wanting a taste.

If women want to be desired sexually by every man who walks down the street , then they need to be prepared that some men will want to act out on that desire.

Its the game of "I want you to want me, but you can't have me when you do want me"..and I don't see that as fair play.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

I'm pretty sure that you're one of those broads that wears skirts that look more like a thick belt and get pissed when a man stares.

had to chuckle at that, because it could very well be true.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join