Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why do girls dress like whores now-a-days?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I said 'girls' for a reason, but the trend is spreading to women aswell. I know the excuse is that women finally get to express their sexuality or something like that but I don't see it that way. I see it as a huge competition. Who can get the most attention, who can look the sexiest, it's all a big competition. And the trend is gaining ground in younger and younger girls. What ever happened to being a kid? I know the media is a huge influence, so why is the media promoting this? What is the reason?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm 18, so I see this everyday in class/at work, and I couldn't tell you. But I can tell you that I find most of the girls around my age pretty despicable, no self-respect whatsoever. In high school, most girls actually kind of prided themselves in their experience and with who. Why? I don't know. But like I said, no self respect.

Mini rant over.

I would say for attention and so they can get all the looks and compliments they always seem to be fishing for, lol.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

I believe the question you should really be pondering is why you equate females with "whores" just because of the way they are dressed.

link   

I think you answered your own question.

It is getting bad tho. The other day I was driving and saw a woman with long brown hair, a little red dress and heels walking a dog. As I passed her I couldn't help but look over, I'm a guy. She had to have been like 14 years old.

Who in the world would let their 14 year old daughter leave the house like that? Where are the parents?

link   
I dont know about you but i love it when girls dress at their best and Alot of men like to show off their body too. Besides its the style. There is always a new style.

So yeah i disagree with your opinion because I dont mind how they dress. I am more concerned as how they act.
What would you prefer a girl that dresses :whorish: but is very nice and confident or a girl that dresses normal but acts like a total slut? because the both exist
edit on 22-8-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Because they want to be objects of desire because magazines give them no self esteem, and the only way to get it is to get attention and to feel wanted.

Sadly this is now tradition to a majority of young females I have seen girls as young as 12 dress like it.
edit on 22-8-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
look at the media they are exposed too,
the way thier peers for the last 2 generations have absorbed the same media,

and you wont even need to ask.

media is now our peer. and anyone who isnt dressing teh way the media peer pressure says, is an outcast.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

What ever happened to being a kid?

And to think Parenting doesn't require at least a 10 question test...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think that most people do not understand this issue from a teen girls' perspective.

When I was a teen, I did not wear skimpy clothes because I wanted attention. I did not do it to attract the boys.
I wore skimpy clothes because they were comfortable (in the summer) and that was what was popular at the time (Britney Spears era).
How could it be sexual, when I hadn't even experienced sex yet? When I was too naive to realize every man from 12 to 92 was staring at my ass when I walked by? And when I didn't yet realize what dressing sexy meant to an adult.

I didn't know that women covered up for religious reasons around the world, or the implications of a woman wearing a scarf. I thought that modest was just a part of their culture. I thought Saudia Arabia was like Aladian.

It didn't even enter my radar that what I was doing was even immodest. It was about wearing fun clothes.

Which is why it really upsets me when I read questions like this, coming from an angle of someone who thinks that girls who wear certain things are automatically slutty or immoral or "asking for it" when that is rarely the intention of young girls.

Yes, when a teen ages, she might want to start expressing her new found sexuality by bareing her stomach, or by wearing a short skirt when she knows she will be meeting a guy she likes. But even so, she isn't thinking about sleeping with him, she is thinking about getting his attention so that they can start getting to know one another.
(Even if sometimes that means too well, too fast.)

Of coarse, as I matured and had to enter the workforce, I learned to dress apropriatly and now sometimes feel over-exposed in a tank-top.

But you shouldn't be so quick to judge those girls. If Victorian era dresses were in fashion, they would wear those.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well firstly not all young girls dress that way. My daughter is 15 and if she attempted to leave the house dressed to provocatively then her mother would probably smack her in the back of the head, dust off the brain a little.

Seriously though there are many factors.

1) The media portrays women as sexual objects so some will see themselves the same way.

2) Chemicals; BPA has been shown to cause girls to enter into puberty earlier and develop quicker.

3) As stated above Household, your child will get away only with what you allow her.

Just one fathers opinion.
edit on 22-8-2012 by coven83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well, put it this way.. The Media (Movies, Magazines etc) teach young children how to act in society at a young age, they prefer to follow their 'idols' than to follow their parents.

If a child doesn't grow up with parents that teach them to building blocks of being a respectable person in society, well.. That child will most likely grow up and follow what their celebrities do.. In other words, sheep.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

How many posts until some idiot says "then they get mad if you look" blah blah blah.

Regarding SepticSheepHerder's post:

1. Sex isn't evil.

2. Bare flesh, or even nudity for that matter, DOES NOT EQUAL SEX.

3. If you see a person and have sexual thoughts about them, it's not that person's fault. It's your fault. No one's putting thoughts into your head. And if you act on those thoughts that's also your fault.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux

I think you answered your own question.

It is getting bad tho. The other day I was driving and saw a woman with long brown hair, a little red dress and heels walking a dog. As I passed her I couldn't help but look over, I'm a guy. She had to have been like 14 years old.

Who in the world would let their 14 year old daughter leave the house like that? Where are the parents?

The parents were 14 once. And I'm guessing the mother wore mini-skirts and no bra.
The times, they aren't a changin' in this respect.

Also, would you accuse me of looking like a corpse in a coffin if I dress in a suit coat and tie? Clothes don't make the whore, but a LOT of sex for money does. And I have forty bucks here...eh, never mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

Good Prespective, its like the teens these days who wear saggy and baggy clothes it doesnt automatically make them a Gangster or a Criminal. In some countries if you have a tattoo your automatically considered a criminal.

I like to wear tanktops alot because as you say it feels comfortable, so just because im showing my broad shoulders and big muscles does that make me a manwhore? No....well maybe but the idea here is not to judge somebody because of the way they look or dress.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Actually I think females should dress however they feel comfortable. If its Sex appeal they are going after then GREAT.

If it is quiet church goer than great.

If it is conservative soccer mom than great.

Because no matter how a girl dresses....in the bedroom every single one of them is a Wh8-e deep down inside!

HAHA!

But and I do say butt...this should be illegal EVERYWHERE,

edit on 22-8-2012 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2012 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Kids should definitely not be so sexual before puberty. However, when it's legal I don't know why and don't care. Every group of women every year gets hotter. Today's technology in cosmetics and the makers of blue jeans... Wow they've done a marvelous job. As a man I'm not complaining, but as for the children mimicking this too young... Inappropriate.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
But and I do say butt...this should be illegal EVERYWHERE
Wooden fence posts and motorcycles? Seems a bit extreme.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Why? Simple answer. Parents don't know or don't care to know about their kids habits or what they do.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender Ace

How do I post a pic so that it shows up in the post without the link?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
reply to post by Blender Ace

How do I post a pic so that it shows up in the post without the link?

Link to adding pictures tutorial.

Edit: Another updated one.

Can't find the newest one though..
edit on 22-8-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join