It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Was Right, We Were Wrong: The IMF

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
In 2008, former italian Minister of Economy and Finance Giulio Tremonti (it was in the meetings of the bilderberg group), talks on Italian TV about "Illuminati" and economy. The other Italian Politician (Massimo D'Alema) is shocked and scary about his words... why?

edit on 24-8-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I so respect the Icelanders.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Iceland Was Right, We Were Wrong: The IMF
(thestreet.com)

VANCOUVER -- For approximately three years, our governments, the banking cabal, and the Corporate Media have assured us that they knew the appropriate approach for fixing the economies that they had previously crippled with their own mismanagement. We were told that the key was to stomp on the Little People with "austerity" in order to continue making full interest payments to the Bond Parasites -- at any/all costs.

Following three years of this continuous, uninterrupted failure, Greece has already defaulted on 75% of its debts, and its economy is totally destroyed. The UK, Spain and Italy are all plummeting downward in suicide-spirals, where the more austerity these sadistic governments inflict upon their own people the worse their debt/deficit problems get. Ireland and Portugal are nearly in the same position.

Now in what may be the greatest economic "mea culpa" in history, we have the media admitting that this government/banking/propaganda-machine troika has been wrong all along. They have been forced to acknowledge that Iceland's approach to economic triage was the correct approach right from the beginning.

What was Iceland's approach? To do the exact opposite of everything the bankers running our own economies told us to do. The bankers (naturally) told us that we needed to bail out the criminal Big Banks, at taxpayer expense (they were Too Big To Fail). Iceland gave the banksters nothing.

The bankers told us that no amount of suffering (for the Little People) was too great in order to make sure that the Bond Parasites got paid at 100 cents on the dollar. Iceland told the Bond Parasites they would get what was left over, after the people had been taken care of (by their own government).

Austerity has kept Europe locked in a recession. The USA minimized the effects of the recession through stimulus spending. But the one nation that proved the correct response to the banking-cabal caused global economic crisis is Iceland - they basically told the banks to go **** themselves.

GREAT article - a must read. Imagine, if every nation in Europe and North America had the guts to do what Iceland did - we would have finally rid ourselves of these parasites. (Of course, the US is home to most of these parasites).

In other news, Iceland has been added to the Axis of Evil and now part of the war on Terror.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

VANCOUVER -- For approximately three years, our governments, the banking cabal, and the Corporate Media have assured us that they knew the appropriate approach for fixing the economies that they had previously crippled with their own mismanagement. We were told that the key was to stomp on the Little People with "austerity" in order to continue making full interest payments to the Bond Parasites -- at any/all costs.

Following three years of this continuous, uninterrupted failure, Greece has already defaulted on 75% of its debts, and its economy is totally destroyed. The UK, Spain and Italy are all plummeting downward in suicide-spirals, where the more austerity these sadistic governments inflict upon their own people the worse their debt/deficit problems get. Ireland and Portugal are nearly in the same position.

Not sure where they got this idea about the UK?

Instead of austerity we've had ever increasing government spending as the public sector indulge their greed. Record deficits, incredible waste etc.

The bond holders have been fobbed off with freshly-printed QE money.

Obviously, the Icelanders are better off since they've stolen from the British etc. while handing themselves free money in debt write-offs for their rich people. However if larger countries like Spain and France thieve on the same scale then they will bankrupt everyone.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermouse
Not sure where they got this idea about the UK?

They've got that idea because it's actually happening.

Instead of austerity we've had ever increasing government spending as the public sector indulge their greed. Record deficits, incredible waste etc.

It's not an 'either or' situation. There is austerity and there is increased public spending at the same time. If you divert a river so one area is deprived of water, the river still exists and it's still enriching another area at the same time. That's the issue with the UK.

A large part of the population are seeing cuts in benefits, cuts in council services, wage freezes/cuts, wide-scale redundancies and jobs being replaced by zero-hour contracts, minimum wage part-time work (below working tax credit threshold), workfare and nonsense 'apprenticeship' schemes. More money is being spent than in previous years but the demographic that needs it the most (those who aren't in position to weather economic storms) aren't getting it. They aren't getting it because all that money is being diverted into the coffers of people who didn't need it (or even deserve it) to begin with and more and more money is being printed to follow the same way.

I'm uncomfortable the idea of 'public sector' spending because, largely, the way that money is spent isn't or budgeted by the "public" at all and arguably large amounts of that money aren't spent on the public either. When the government talks about potential investment in 'public infrastructure', it's never actually 'public': they mean even more money for privatised rail firms (who get more taxpayer money now they're privatised than the nationalised railways), more money for private bus firms, private construction firms and so on.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Merriman Weir because: stuff

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

reply to post by mcsandy

Because it's easy to vilify Cops, Firemen, and Educators, they're just "little people" (serfs, more like). But to actually expect Congress to vilify the bankers, their financial backers - no, instead Congress will not only funnel more money to those bankers, they'll continue to rewrite the laws in their favor.

They are an Oligarchy, and Congress has become totally subservient to them.

Iceland may not be out of the woods as far as it's economy goes, BUT at least they've kicked their Oligarchy to the curb.

In my opinion this is the best and most informative post of the whole thread here so far.....
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacedman13

Spacedman13 so sorry to hear that things are not as they are being potrayed.

Thank you for your reply regarding your climate.....I actually did ROFL at the comment of it being cold in Iceland!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacedman13
This is not correct at all, all we did was ignore the icesave demands. And because we did britain declaired iceland terrorists. Our goverment has not changed at all, everything over here is falling apart.

I won´t go into details as it´s a long booooring story but, the banks own our houses only one´s getting anything are the allready rich.

No jobs, nothing is changing, things over here are terrible............

And trust me, if it had not been for a national vote on the issue our goverment would have gone and payed off icesave.And we would have switched out our currency for euro.

Now this is the kind of stuff you don't get. Here's a real Icelandic guy, suffering bad. That whole repudiation thing didn't work out so good after all.

You really don't hear much about Iceland. I don't and I pay attention. It could be that we are led to believe that Iceland is doing fine after giving the banks the finger. and really Iceland is being plunder by the super rich. The wealthy still run the economy. and they are all mad about losing all that money in the banks. They are bringing Iceland down. And we thought they were doing fine.

Hang in there Spacedman. Keep us posted on the real deal.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It will take more than just one tiny nation like Iceland spurning the IMF to break the back of the criminal bank syndicates.The goal of the IMF is to put each nation into artificial debt, then it can use that to force them into complying with the agenda of the global elites.

Wish more countries would wake up to this fact, and follow Iceland's example.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by frankensence
It will take more than just one tiny nation like Iceland spurning the IMF to break the back of the criminal bank syndicates.The goal of the IMF is to put each nation into artificial debt, then it can use that to force them into complying with the agenda of the global elites.

Wish more countries would wake up to this fact, and follow Iceland's example.

Yes
But this power fights hard and dirty.
www.corpwatch.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
The Bolivian Water Wars deserves it's own thread.
39 deaths reported.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

I don´t think that branding us as terrorist did us much harm.

Currently our goverment is using the tax payers money to get themself out of debt instead of using it on road work healthcare and such, they have cut down everywhere they could, merged alot of things that should not be put together and cut jobs wherever they could,

They even did such a great job they gave themselfs a raise for it.

Yay for them,

We even got politicians that are being cought breaking the law and they don´t have to quit there job.
Our major is a former comedian who ran for office for the fun of it, we thought it was so funny as all the other were as fake as they could that we decided to elect him.
Those individuals who got there loans cut down or simply dropped were all ceo´s and other rich people who allready had found a way to get away from paying for anything or taking responsability for a single thing they did.

There are loads and loads of empty houses that the banks confiscated from family´s that couldn´t afford to pay them anymore, all those houses are not being rented out or sold, because they deem them to be unfit for habitants, which is bull# ( pardon my french) with all these people now on the rent market the demand for places to rent has gone up and so has the price.

Non of my loans or anyone that i know of got anything cut or fixed or helped, while i was waiting for my car loan to be settled in court that would decide if the loan i took was illegal, the company sent people to steal my car in the middle of the night, and there was nothing i could do about it.

Now does anything that i just said sound like things are going well over here?

edit on 6-9-2012 by Spacedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks for all the kind responses, good to see some people just don´t read the top and post according to that alone,,

Despite all that is happening, i have to say iceland is a great place to live in.

And if there´s one country your going to visit this year or the next i higly recomend you come visit us

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Iceland is Full of Terrorists!!! Attack them!!!
I wonder what Dirty tricks will be used on Iceland?
I wish and hope they win.
But they are fighting a very big evil greedy monster.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The different levels are broken down as follows:

Financial Elite – The global financial elite – including members or representatives of the Rockefeller, Rothschild, and Morgan families – hold secret meetings and make important decisions in closed groups such as the Council on Foreign Relations. These plans are then implemented throughout the world, further consolidating material wealth and control.

Bank for International Settlements – The BIS is the central bank of central banks based out of Basel, Switzerland that is controlled by the financial elite. It has 55 member central banks but is mainly run by bankers from the United States, England, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and Japan. It operates with little transparency and is not accountable to national governments even though it has significant control over the global financial system by setting reserve requirements, the amount of money in banks around the world must have on reserve.

International Central Banks – Central bankers use the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to make more money while exploiting the resources of countries they lend to – bankrupting them in the process. For every dollar the US contributes to these banks, US Corporations – such as Halliburton, Exxon Mobil, and Bechtel (controlled by the economic elite) – receive more than double that amount in contracts from these international banks.[1]

National Central Banks – Almost all countries have a central bank (see the list here), of which commercial banks are members. Central banks set interest rates and determine the amount of money in circulation. They also lend to governments at interest, putting them above the lower four levels of the pyramid.

Big Banks – Big banks offer corporations loans at special rates, allowing them to do business. This puts banks in a powerful position, above corporations and the rest of us, because funding is what allows the corporations to go forward with their projects.

Corporatocracy – Corporations fund political campaigns and influence politicians through lobbying. Many are now bigger than entire national economies, putting corporations above government.

Government – Government is largely funded through taxpayer money, putting it above the people. If it wants to borrow extra money it must go to a Central Bank.

People, The Planet, and All Living Things – At the bottom level of the pyramid is the majority of people on this planet and all other life. As of 2010, one in every seven people on the planet did not have enough to eat and most ecosystems were suffering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join