It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rage Against the......Paul Ryan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

“Paul Ryan’s love of Rage Against the Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades.”

Don't mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta "rage" in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he's not raging against is the privileged elite he's groveling in front of for campaign contributions.

Source

Either he is a Undercover liberal or he doesn't really know who Rage Against the Machine are....I mean really...
Source

Now I know you do not need to agree with a bands or artists point of view but when the band lyrics are clearly against what you stand for, what you party stands for, and you are a Politician running as VP, why try and say you like their music?

Here are some quotes from the band:

A good friend of ours once said that if the same laws were applied to U.S. presidents as were applied to the Nazis after World War II [...] every single one of them, every last rich white one of them from Truman on, would have been hung to death and shot—and this current administration is no exception. They should be hung, and tried, and shot. As any war criminal should be

A couple of months ago, those fascist mother#ers at the Fox News Network attempted to pin this band into a corner by suggesting that we said that the president should be assassinated. Nah, what we said was that he should be brought to trial as a war criminal and hung and shot. THAT'S what we said. And we don't back away from the position because the real assassinator [sic] is Bush, and Cheney and the whole administration for the lives they have destroyed here and in Iraq. They're the ones. And what they refused to air which was far more provocative in my mind and in the minds of my bandmates is this: that this system has become so brutal and vicious and cruel that it needs to start wars and profit from the destruction around the world in order to survive as a world power. THAT's what we said. And we refuse not to stand up, we refuse to back down from that positio

We played this show at Coachella Pavilion. It was our first show back. I said a few things from the stage, and the next day Fox News ran this whole piece about us saying that the Presidents should be assassinated. But those fascists always get it wrong when they just want to pin a band in the corner for standing up. What we said was that the whole Bush Administration should be put on trial for war crimes and then hung and then shot, that's what we said. But besides that it made me think about something. It made me think, "what are they so afraid of?" It made me think about what scares them. Is it really four musicians from Los Angeles who've got a point of view? Is it really just this music and these rhythms and these words? Is that what they're scared of? I thought I'd think about it and you know what? My conclusion is this: nah, they ain't scared of us, they're scared of you! They're scared that you might come election time and throw Bush and Cheney and all them fascists out of power! That's what they're scared of!

And let me say this: the Democrats are scared of you too! Because they know that you see through their bull# too. Because when Bush was wiretapping, spying on citizens, torturing innocent people – they were supposed to be the people to defend us from them, and they didn't do #! So the Democrats are scared of you too. Why? Because they know they're coming to power and they're taking it all for granted, but they're scared because they know that if they don't start #ing pulling troops from Iraq that you're going to go and burn down every office of every Senator that doesn't do the job. Well I will say this, that the world is watching us now. The whole world is watching us. The brothers and sisters in South America who are dealing with this imperialist violence have got their eyes on us. Our brothers and sisters in Iraq got their eyes on us. Because we are the ones that are prepared to, and going to, put an end to this nonsense. So Wake Up. Come on, Wake Up! Wake Up

I really do not understand why he would publicly say he likes/supports this band? Wouldn't this just give him bad PR or have people think he doesn't know what he is talking about?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Either he is a Undercover liberal or he doesn't really know who Rage Against the Machine are....I mean really...

BINGO...Anyone with his spending record is a liberal, along with every president since Wilson...We are through...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As a Rage fan myself, I say he simply doesn't listen to the lyrics.

Also I was unaware my music taste established my political ideology.
edit on 22-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Also I was unaware my music taste established my political ideology.
edit on 22-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't say that it is always a given but you can kind of determine which way a person leans by the music they listen to and their age bracket.....I bet I can make a chart....LOL

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I love RATM.

I think Ryan is just pandering because he clearly has no Idea what RATM is all about.

Fight the war, # the norm.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Really.

by all means, make the chart, id like to see how well your assumptions play out.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Here is an article I found that kinda touches on it...

Democrats and Republicans can't agree on anything in this country, and it's not just the big issues like taxes and wars. According to a new study by music analysis firm The Echo Nest, the two opposing parties can't even agree on what to listen to. The Echo Nest found that the musical tastes of Democrats are 40% broader in terms of genre or style than the tastes of Republicans.

The study also confirmed something that you already knew: certain artists' fans skew Republican, while others skew Democratic.
Here are the artists most correlated to Republican listeners:
1. Kenny Chesney
2. George Strait
3. Reba McEntire
4. Tim McGraw
5. Jason Alden
6. Blake Shelton
7. Shania Twain
8. Kelly Clarkson
9. Pink Floyd
10. Elvis Presley

And here are the artists correlated to Democratic listeners:
1. Rihanna
2. Jay-Z
3. Madonna
4. Lady Gaga
5. Katy Perry
6. Snoop Dogg
7. Chris Brown
8. Usher
9. Eminem
10. Bob Marley

Source

Now where I differ, I am a democrat, I dislike Riahanna, Chris brown, usher. But I like Pink Floyd, and I will listen to some Elvis.

But I listen to music from the 50's to Now....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I listen to everything on that list.

Just saying.........

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I got 2 on the list, Marley and Floyd of course.
I dig on RATM as well, they got groovy beats!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

“Paul Ryan’s love of Rage Against the Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades.”

Don't mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta "rage" in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he's not raging against is the privileged elite he's groveling in front of for campaign contributions.

Source

Source

Now I know you do not need to agree with a bands or artists point of view but when the band lyrics are clearly against what you stand for, what you party stands for, and you are a Politician running as VP, why try and say you like their music?

Here are some quotes from the band:

A good friend of ours once said that if the same laws were applied to U.S. presidents as were applied to the Nazis after World War II [...] every single one of them, every last rich white one of them from Truman on, would have been hung to death and shot—and this current administration is no exception. They should be hung, and tried, and shot. As any war criminal should be

A couple of months ago, those fascist mother#ers at the Fox News Network attempted to pin this band into a corner by suggesting that we said that the president should be assassinated. Nah, what we said was that he should be brought to trial as a war criminal and hung and shot. THAT'S what we said. And we don't back away from the position because the real assassinator [sic] is Bush, and Cheney and the whole administration for the lives they have destroyed here and in Iraq. They're the ones. And what they refused to air which was far more provocative in my mind and in the minds of my bandmates is this: that this system has become so brutal and vicious and cruel that it needs to start wars and profit from the destruction around the world in order to survive as a world power. THAT's what we said. And we refuse not to stand up, we refuse to back down from that positio

We played this show at Coachella Pavilion. It was our first show back. I said a few things from the stage, and the next day Fox News ran this whole piece about us saying that the Presidents should be assassinated. But those fascists always get it wrong when they just want to pin a band in the corner for standing up. What we said was that the whole Bush Administration should be put on trial for war crimes and then hung and then shot, that's what we said. But besides that it made me think about something. It made me think, "what are they so afraid of?" It made me think about what scares them. Is it really four musicians from Los Angeles who've got a point of view? Is it really just this music and these rhythms and these words? Is that what they're scared of? I thought I'd think about it and you know what? My conclusion is this: nah, they ain't scared of us, they're scared of you! They're scared that you might come election time and throw Bush and Cheney and all them fascists out of power! That's what they're scared of!

And let me say this: the Democrats are scared of you too! Because they know that you see through their bull# too. Because when Bush was wiretapping, spying on citizens, torturing innocent people – they were supposed to be the people to defend us from them, and they didn't do #! So the Democrats are scared of you too. Why? Because they know they're coming to power and they're taking it all for granted, but they're scared because they know that if they don't start #ing pulling troops from Iraq that you're going to go and burn down every office of every Senator that doesn't do the job. Well I will say this, that the world is watching us now. The whole world is watching us. The brothers and sisters in South America who are dealing with this imperialist violence have got their eyes on us. Our brothers and sisters in Iraq got their eyes on us. Because we are the ones that are prepared to, and going to, put an end to this nonsense. So Wake Up. Come on, Wake Up! Wake Up

I really do not understand why he would publicly say he likes/supports this band? Wouldn't this just give him bad PR or have people think he doesn't know what he is talking about?

Sounds to me like he is trying to pull younger voters in who may not know him so well. That or Romeny/Ryan are just throwing the election.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Djayed

This made me choke on my coffee.

I got this image of Ryan sitting in a V-rocker with a jay in one hand and a game controller in the other. He smiles and says to the camera " Nothing I like more after a long day of insider trading is listening to some Rage and Marley dude!"

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRGreer

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Djayed

This made me choke on my coffee.

I got this image of Ryan sitting in a V-rocker with a jay in one hand and a game controller in the other. He smiles and says to the camera " Nothing I like more after a long day of insider trading is listening to some Rage and Marley dude!"

Lol, now I have this image suck in my head!! But with Romney sitting next to him...passin it back and fourth listen to some tunes...lol

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TRGreer

He could be....this would be like Obama saying he loves Ted Nugents music, especially after listing to some Hank Williams Jr....Lol

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

What a great image!

top topics

join