Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

America, July 5, 2015, Under President Romney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
CNN, Washington, DC. Today, after a relaxing 4th of July weekend, President Romney held a press conference to address the issues faced by the growing numbers of unemployed. With the release of the adjusted unemployment numbers for May 2015, the official figures now stand at 12.7%.

President Romney promised that his newest round of tax cuts for people making over $1 million a year and his reducing corporate income tax to 5% will create more jobs for middle class America, and that the new rate for millionaires of 15% on earnings to replace the rate of 20% they were paying after last years cuts will definitely bring unemployment down to 6% by year end. He stressed that last summer's removal of unemployment extensions beyond six months of payments for all Americans was not causing unnecessary hardship.

In the meantime, President Romney promised the 100 million Americans without health insurance that there will be a plan "coming soon" to replace the Affordable Healthcare Act, but did not say exactly what that plan was. He did make a statement that "Under the Obama Administration, the costs of providing healthcare to Americans with pre existing conditions was simply unsustainable for the insurance companies".

President Romney also addressed last month's debt ceiling increase to $22 trillion dollars, saying that the ongoing annual spending increases for the Department of Defense were necessary for the security of the nation, and that the unfunded job creating tax cuts for the rich will continue. Americans can expect further cuts to social services, medicare, food stamps, education and essential services such as 911, to help reduce the ongoing deficit, expected to hit $2 trillion by the end of 2015.

When pressed by reporters to discuss the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico caused by relaxation of safety measures after the massive deregulation of the oil and exploration industry in 2013, Romney refused to answer any questions, simply saying that he has faith that the oil companies will make sure the spill is cleaned up from the Texas coast to Florida, as they will act responsibly and do the right thing. He declined to provide a timeline for the cleanup, or the shut down of the well that has been spilling for almost 9 months now.

While President Romney couldn't provide any timeline for the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan after last years' admission that a 2014 timeline for withdrawal was "unattainable", he blamed the administration of Barack Obama for setting an unrealistic timetable for this goal.

President Romney praised the recent fact finding mission to Israel by Vice President Ryan, saying that diplomatic efforts there will ensure that Iran will not actually use the nuclear weapon that was tested just last month. The President refused to discuss the ongoing bloodshed in Syria, saying simply that this was a complicated situation and that an internationally acceptable diplomatic solution would be "coming soon", reiterating what he has been saying since being elected in 2012, but was not willing to discuss this topic any further.

In closing, the President said that the current field of Democratic challengers for the Presidential Candidate race in 2016 was looking incredibly weak, and that as usual, none of the candidates could provide any solutions to the problems that he was fixing for America in his Presidency, and that he was confident that his ongoing "good sense for America policies" would win him relection.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's fun to pretend.

I'll stick with reality though. Most here may have to look that word up.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You worked a long time on that political message.

I smell fear here.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
You worked a long time on that political message.

I smell fear here.

Nah, I'm a quick typist, took me about 10 minutes.

No fear, but it's an easy extrapolation of what he's been saying.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
It's fun to pretend.

I'll stick with reality though. Most here may have to look that word up.

lol. Yeah, I love the ones here who look for consipiracies just for conspiracy's sake.

This was just a fun extrapolation from what's been said on the campaign trail over the last six months or so, templated onto current events.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

President Romney also addressed last month's debt ceiling increase to $22 trillion dollars,
reply to post by babybunnies

You do know that the lack of budget has come from Congress right? So if by 2015 there is not a budget it would be on the hands of the House & Senate? Nice try to stir up fear though.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Obamite fantasies.
The other choice is to have a fully collapsed economy and complete tyrannical control enforced by domestic drones.
When you have a choice between 100% chance of failure or a probable failure, you kind of have to go with the probable.

Why do Democrats think that humans, especially minorities and women, are pathetic and inferior to the elites who must centrally control us as dependents?
Democrats must truly hate humanity.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

methinks you are being fatalistic.... 100% chance of failure?

not even nostrodomus was so certain!

alas, either road we choose, we are in serious trouble... but there is always hope.

EDA: speaking of fatalistic... "Democrats hating humanity" is kind of silly. just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean the hate humanity.
edit on 22-8-2012 by mythos because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
lol. Yeah, I love the ones here who look for consipiracies just for conspiracy's sake.

Thanks! It's nice to feel loved.

Why no update on the progress of the war in Venezuela?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
you forgot the depression of '14 triggered by the deregulation of the banks leading to a repeat of the derivatives crises

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

OMFG! I think you are a psychic! I honestly believe this will be close to the truth by then. Just brilliant, precrime? Pfft we have prenews, and this one is honestly psychic.

I have never believed in the metaphysical really, up until now that is.

Any other revelations that will blow my mind?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

If I were to write what the country would look like after 4 years of Romney as president, I would just imagine how it would look after four more years of Obama and then just change the names.

We're only voting on the opportunity to name our puppet ruler for the next four years. The puppet-masters will stay the same.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Agreed! Star for you!

I don't care which one of these ( what's the thing under a tail?)clowns will do a single thing to benefit anyone but themselves and their buddies.

They care not for us peons, we just need to shut the f*kup and do as we're told.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Also in today's news, President Romney solemnly marked the 8,000th death of an American service person in the two year old war with Iran. Corporal Michael Washington, who was drafted under the 2013 Patriot Service Act, a medic from Detroit was killed when his unarmored humvee hit an IED near the Iranian border with Iraq.

The ceremony was held concurrent with the grand opening of Patriot Bluff, the sprawling new military cemetery built on the 163 acres of the former National Zoo at Rock Creek Park. The zoo, which was part of the Smithsonian Institute and was also a major center for zoological research, was closed in November 2013 following the latest round of federal budget cuts. Romney has been criticized for the closure, especially since the project -- awarded to Haliburton in spring of 2014 -- had been plagued by cost over runs and because of the controversial measure requiring families of the fallen to pay an ongoing maintenance fee for their loved one's plot.

Corporal Washington's family raised money for the maintenance through bake sales organized by their church. In spite of the funeral, the atmosphere was otherwise festive, with camo-colored balloons, face painting and gifts of plastic army men and replica toy military trucks donated by General Dynamics. It was reported that the President wanted to create a "happy scene." The Family Research Council organized several local Christian churches to bus in children and their parents.

Corporal Washington's mother Amelia commented, "Michael was a good boy. He died for nothing, but I'm proud he did not run when drafted like so many of those rich boys who always seem to get out of the draft like Romney's sons. Not a one of those 5 boys was in the military. I lost my only son, but at least he was a man." He was in his second year of community college and worked full time at Staples before he was drafted. He had dreamed of becoming an engineer.
edit on 22-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

You forgot about the part where Corporal Washington was posthumously baptized Mormon as part of the ceremony.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by pajoly

You forgot about the part where Corporal Washington was posthumously baptized Mormon as part of the ceremony.

Now that is funny. I wonder how you check to see which famous Christians were posthumously baptized into the Mormon church. That'd set the hard Right's hair on fire. Maybe Jerry Falwell perhaps?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The firewall that is suppose to block furture threads from slipping through must be broken. Dont happen to have the lottery #s for sept. 2012 would ya? Hmmm?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

What a load!!

Fear mongering at its worst…pure fabrication.

We don’t have to speculate about 4 more years of Obama…we already know

Who flagged this thread??? This should be in the Fantasy & Science Fiction forum.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

At least the "President" Romney part is correct !!

The "situations" sound more like Obama however !!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by pajoly

Now that is funny. I wonder how you check to see which famous Christians were posthumously baptized into the Mormon church. That'd set the hard Right's hair on fire. Maybe Jerry Falwell perhaps?

If only you had known Washington was a Freemason. But why split hairs on this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join