It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's hyprocisy: The land of all things Swiss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Switzerland objects to portrayal as a tax haven in Obama ads

Switzerland objects to portrayal as a tax haven in Obama ads

The Obama campaign's ads against Mitt Romney's foreign holdings have rubbed the government of Switzerland the wrong way.

As they should

Swiss embassy spokeswoman Salome Ramseier says that it "has communicated with the Obama campaign headquarters to object to the ads giving the impression that simply having a Swiss bank account means that the accountholder is trying to hide money from the IRS."

www.politico.com...

In nut shell Romney is evil for having a Swiss account even tho millions of Americans have had Swiss account's long before either one of them were ever born.

Next:

Obama’s Swiss Banker Head of Swiss finance house UBS Investment Bank is one of president’s biggest bundlers

One of President Obama’s largest financial backers is a key executive at the largest Swiss bank in the world, complicating his criticism of presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

Wait what?

Obama's largest bundler is a key executive at the largest Swiss bank in the world.(UBS)

Hmmm

freebeacon.com...

More:

O’s Swiss Banker Resigns from UBS

President Barack Obama’s embattled Swiss banker bundler and frequent golf companion has parted ways with UBS.

Robert Wolf, an executive at Switzerland’s largest bank, came under fire from executives when his $500,000 fundraising efforts on behalf of Obama came to light in June. He announced his departure in an email to friends and colleagues on Thursday.

freebeacon.com...

UBS was a great gig wonder if UBS fired him over campaign ads or the fact that Obama had been going after Swiss accounts long before Romney was ever in the picture.

Wonder what is going behind the scenes Swiss make their living off of banking with leads to less deposits for their economy.

Last part:

Big Obama Fundraising in Tax Haven Switzerland

What’s pale yellow, riddled with holes and not very sharp? President Barack Obama’s renewed class-warfare attack on GOP opponent Mitt Romne

That is funny!!

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Clooney will entertain 150 European elites at a swanky Swiss reception, “which will be followed by a more intimate — and expensive — dinner at which the star will be the guest of honor. Tickets for the latter event will go for $20,000 for singles and $30,000 for couples.” As Reuters reported at the time, Clooney spearheaded a similar event in Geneva, “one of the world’s most affluent cities,” in 2008. “Some 170 contributors paid $1,000 a head to hear him speak at a cocktail party held at a museum in Geneva’s Old Town.

frontpagemag.com...

What is this?

Foreign money going to campaigning.
Swiss money going to Obama more of it.

And yet there He is bashing the Swiss accounts and those evil rich people.

What a hypocrite.
edit on 22-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What % of Obama's time do you actually think he dedicates to his TV ads...To be honest, all political parties have armies to prepare political campaigns. I bet some intern raised his hand a blurted out blame the Swiss banks.

I am not defending Romney or supporting Obama here, but these Campaigns have always been a farce in my opinion. I like to count my self among the few who do not let these 2minute advertisements influence my political opinion or beliefs.

Children on a playground

edit on 22-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
obama is raising money with the head of the biggest bank, from the biggest banking country.

i thought romney was the big bad banker

i guess he has to get money from somewhere,
the american people sure don't have any to give away...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama's personal banker, Robert Wolf (formerly) of Swiss Banking Giant UBS -
Funny how all Democrats run away when this is brought up.

More than your stomach can take ....Robert Wolf

www.youtube.com...

Photo of Obama and Wolf golfing buddies

2.bp.blogspot.com...

This is why John Corzine will never be charged with a crime.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Great find and connection of the DOTS.
Boondock Saint would be proud!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well Neo, I see that you have created another pathetic thread as usual. How can you say, that Obama has the backing of this very large swiss bank, (UBS) when in fact he does not.

As clearly indicated in the quotes you posted from your source links, Robert Wolf is leaving the bank because of a disagreement in their political policies. Or as it may be, he was fired from UBS due to political conflicts with the bank management.

So, explain to me again just how it is that Obama enjoys the backing of UBS, please. It would appear to me that UBS is more than willing to fire any employee who endorses President Obama, yet you're here professing the opposite.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the opposite of the truth has become the new norm for the TP/GOP. The truth of the matter is that an employee of UBS named Robert Wolf, who happen to support President Obama in his re-election bid, has been fired by UBS for voicing his opinion as such. Hardly an endorsement of Obama by UBS.

Pathetic, just pathetic!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Robert Wolf is leaving the bank because of a disagreement in their political policies. Or as it may be, he was fired from UBS due to political conflicts with the

Read up on the facts, truth is Wolf is a Fat Cat Banker that had the presidents ear.

NYT: UBS Seeks to Rein In Obama’s Favorite Fund-Raising Banker

Swiss banking giant UBS is seeking to rein in Robert Wolf, a top executive with the firm in New York and one of President Barack Obama’s leading fund-raisers, following a series of press interviews and a splashy Wall Street Journal article earlier this year that called him ``A ‘Fat Cat’ with the President’s Ear.”

The bank’s executive board in Zurich recently ordered Wolf to report all media inquiries to the company’s press office and to keep corporate communications ``informed’’ of his activities outside UBS, the New York Times reported, citing people familiar with the situation. Most interview requests have since been denied, it said.

The restrictions are unlikely to directly affect Wolf’s fundraising activities, even though he will likely be forced to maintain a lower profile, the Times said.

Mr. Wolf has enjoyed his status as a prominent defender of the Obama administration and a top-ranking fund-raiser. He has garnered more than $500,000 to re-elect the president this year, and regularly plays golf and vacations with Mr. Obama on Martha’s Vineyard.dealbook.nytimes.com...

edit on 5-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

And so your point is what? According to what Iv'e read here so far, Obama has the ear of a prominent banker, not the bank itself. Apparently the bank is more than willing to fire him for his views which are not in line with theirs. If I'm not mistaken, the vast majority of political contributions made by big banking interest are now going for Romney which indicates to me that they think he will best represent their interest.

If you really want to know just who the big banking interest are backing, look no further;

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by burntheships

And so your point is what? According to what Iv'e read here so far, Obama has the ear of a prominent banker, not the bank itself.

Oh really? Need you a schooling on the power of corrupt banking execs?

Hmmm ok. I'll bite.
Lets see who is this here with Obama?

John Corzine. You do know who John Corzine is right?

So, how is it he has managed to escape prosecution?

Confessions of an economic hitman.

www.amazon.com...

Corzine will be rewarded, just as Wolf.

Wolf was not fired, lol. Watch the video above, he was rewarded also.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Oh really? Need you a schooling on the power of corrupt banking execs?

Hmmm ok. I'll bite.
Lets see who is this here with Obama?

John Corzine. You do know who John Corzine is right?

So, how is it he has managed to escape prosecution?

Confessions of an economic hitman.

www.amazon.com...

Corzine will be rewarded, just as Wolf.

Wolf was not fired, lol. Watch the video above, he was rewarded also.

Not sure what your point is? Yes I know who John Corzine is and yes I've read "Confessions of an economic hitman," although I'm not sure the two are related.

Confessions of an economic hitman is John Perkins' detailed account of how our government has used it's clout, via shadow organizations created by the CIA, in some of the most despicable schemes imaginable, to insure success abroad for american corporate interests. In the book, he describes how forces within our government utilized indebtedness, blackmail and even assassination, as a tool to insure that these foreign entities adhered to the policies dictated to them by our corporate overlords. While I'll agree that world banks were utilized as the lending tool in this scheme, that doesn't make everyone at top level banking guilty of being a knowing participant, or does it? Just exactly what are you accusing John Corzine of anyway?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Not sure what your point is?

You keep saying that.

I think its clear my point is that Obama is a hypocrite.

He is just as gulity of having his hands in the pot as the next guy.

And Corzine, yeah he ripped off the American People to the tune of 1.6 billion...
peterlbrandt.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

You keep saying that.

I think its clear my point is that Obama is a hypocrite.

He is just as gulity of having his hands in the pot as the next guy.

And Corzine, yeah he ripped off the American People to the tune of 1.6 billion...
peterlbrandt.com...

Look, just because you say he's guilty, doesn't make it so. That's why we have courts, judges and juries. As far as I can tell, there is no evidence whatsoever that would implicate John Corzine in any way with the work of John Perkins and he was never mentioned in his book either. I think you're just grasping at straws here.

You, the GOP and Paul Ryan can go around spouting off mis-truths all you want, but that doesn't make them reality, except for in the minds of the delusional.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That's why we have courts, judges and juries.

First there would need to be indicment. That will never happen,
you wanna know why?

REVEALED: Corzine’s MF Global Was Client of Eric Holder’s Law Firm

Gowernment Accountability Institute finds Holders (aka Fast and Furious)
firm links to Corzine and MF Global.
g-a-i.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You guys are missing the entire point.

No one has ever stated that either Switzerland, Swiss banks, or Mitt Romney are evil.

The entire point of the left bringing up Romney's Swiss accounts is that he uses them as a haven to avoid paying taxes. To avoid putting back into the economy which he thrives off of.

Obama could be best friends with everyone in the nation of Switzerland and have 4 homes there, but that changes absolutely nothing about the fact that Romney's off shore accounts are simply a way to avoid paying taxes.

To be clear also, neither Obama nor the Dems in general demonize success the way you're convinced they are.
Success is a wonderful thing obviously. It creates wealth and drives consumerism.
What Obama demonizes is rewarding greed. The failed policies of Supply Side economics are the focal point of that argument.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
.. and people run around these boards claiming Romney is the evil corporate/banking whore ...

Newsflash .. your buddy Obama isn't exactly squeeky clean ...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I love Switzerland, thinking of moving there actually.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Romney destroying American jobs and then parking his money in a foreign economy is the point.

His private sector policies were to outsource and create bubbles in the companies he
took over, a lot like what has been happening here in America.

If Romney applied his private sector experience to the government it would no different.

Obama actually has the MAJORITY of his money invested in the U.S - in T Bills.

While Mitt has his money out there creating jobs in "Communist Europe".

That is the irony here.

new topics

top topics

join