Romney Adviser Compares Homosexuals to Drug Addicts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LordD

What's wrong on so many levels is enforcing religious (relative) morality through rule of law against two (or more) adults.

The world is changing, and the GOP are, unfortunately, stuck trying to grasp onto things that have no place in a free society.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

P.S. I do not think there is anything wrong with polygamy as well, who are we to tell a group of people they cant marry!!

Polygamy should never have been outlawed.

It should have been protected by Freedom of Religion.

It was because Christians were the dominant ruling group - - - and polygamy is against Christian belief.

Christian tyranny denied a Religious freedom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homosexuals are individuals just like everyone else.

Drug user are individuals who may become addicted - - - - they come from all classes - race - religions - sexual orientations.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Not a myth. Mormonism teaches that black people have the curse of ham and are on Earth to do the devils bidding.

Please do not use Warren Jeffs and the FLDS as representative of Mormons. They are not recognized by the Official LDS church.

Its like saying Westboro Church is representative of all Christians.

Yes - Mormons as well as other Christians used the Mark of Ham to justify treatment of blacks.

However - - - blacks have been members of the Official LDS church from its earliest beginnings. Its true they could not hold the Priesthood - - but they were still members of the church. Unlike some All White Christian churches.

The largest growing Mormon group today are the Samoans.

The church is based on the priesthood when you been going to the church since you were little and have a little bit of knowledge on it then talk.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

Originally posted by LordD
reply to post by davethebear

If you honestly believe that you should do some soul searching. Being gay is wrong on every level mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Wrong...God made Gay people to control population!!! You wouldn't be around today to have that backwards point of view without gay people keeping the population in check!

Your welcome!!! You can have a family and food because of gays!!

Exactly gays have no place in a growing society our any society . To be honest their more trouble than their worth.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
reply to post by LordD

What's wrong on so many levels is enforcing religious (relative) morality through rule of law against two (or more) adults.

The world is changing, and the GOP are, unfortunately, stuck trying to grasp onto things that have no place in a free society.

When you start to understand that values and law go hand and hand then you'll realize that homosexuality has no place in a growing developing world.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Personally, whether a person is gay or straight or bisexual or asexual is not really an issue. Those are labels. They only degrade a person from being a subject into an object.

I look at the actions of a person, whatever they choose to be, and judge those actions, because that is the "fruit" of the tree, no pun intended.

If the fruit is good and NOT rotten, then I tend to judge the person's actions as good, and that carries over to them. The person is an "extension" of their actions. And this is why we must be responsible with them.

I don't believe and I do know that the majority of gay people are not the crazy debauched people you see in the media or on the news, those are "extremes" and represent the "outliers" of the population. No one's perfect, but we can strive to be. When we judge an entire group by the extremes, we see a general and fallacious argument that the entire group is that way, which is in essence, an ad hominem fallacy. And not valid in premiss or conclusion, but it does persuade people to think it's true, but isn't. That's propaganda, that's generalizing a specific, labeling and profiling all rolled into one. And it's hateful.

It goes to how people can feel socially invalid or valid. By either positive feedback (building others up) or negative feedback (tearing them down.) and divides people into groups or classes as gender, race, ethnicity, sexual persuasion, good, bad, and it devolves down to morbid thinking when taken to the extreme used to decide those who can live or die. I think you can find at least one good example of how that works.

We all want to belong, and no one wants to be desolate, being without one meaning society or a family or a social group. We tend to move toward an accepting group we can tolerate and achieve a semblance of a mean or median or some just self destruct w/ suicide or negative behaviors, and those are hardest to reach and is a shame when they fall between the cracks. Suffering in silence, unnoticed, unrecognized. That's not living, that's hell.

That's how I look at it, The only label I have which comes close to being a label is that I see myself as a Child of G_d and that others are too. And that all are deserving just not the ones which I have judged as acceptable to a particular view or opinion. That's taking it a bit too far and is something we should not do, I think.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

When you start to understand that values and law go hand and hand then you'll realize that homosexuality has no place in a growing developing world.

I think people like Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni (and many more) bringing beauty - peace - and understanding in this world is exactly what a growing developing world needs.

What cloistered little world do you live in? "Live" is questionable.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by LordD

So what is your solution. Perhaps something like the "final solution" on the Jews made famous by that great humanitarian Adolph Hitler? Fire up the ovens....LordD is here to save us!

It has been my experience that most homophobes have "issues" with something they would rather not address.
edit on 23-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The church is based on the priesthood when you been going to the church since you were little and have a little bit of knowledge on it then talk.

I was Mormon for 5 years.

I do not need you to tell me about Mormons.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I was Mormon for 5 years.

I do not need you to tell me about Mormons.

Try 16 I've been to treks efys general conferences endowments all that good stuff. I think i know just a little bit more

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

reply to post by LordD

So what is your solution. Perhaps something like the "final solution" on the Jews made famous by that great humanitarian Adolph Hitler? Fire up the ovens....LordD is here to save us!

It has been my experience that most homophobes have "issues" with something they would rather not address.
edit on 23-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Hitler was one if the not greatest leader to ever walk on this earth. Stop reading out the textbook and do some research. Like i said i am not homophobic i have gay acquaintances just like i still have moron acquaintances i still don't think Mormonism or any form of Christianity has any part in Utopian society

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Since this thread continues to wander off topic...and since it seemed to have been talked out...it is being closed.

FTR,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

**CLOSED**

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join