Romney Adviser Compares Homosexuals to Drug Addicts

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by corporateslave

I hate when people post lies!! Show your proof of this ridiculous statement.....here;s the real truth from the Black Mormon site.

We hope to correct racial myths and misunderstandings that linger from critics of Mormonism as well as from Latter-day Saints themselves. We strive to build the Gospel vision that we are all children of God, of great and equal worth in His sight. Blacks have been Latter-day Saints since the church’s beginnings in the 1830′s. Some held the priesthood and served missions in the early church. Click on History to see a timeline on how Latter-day Saint events and views toward Blacks unfolded along with religious and secular racial history in America. Read the stories of Black pioneers.

www.blacklds.org...

Gladys Knight is a mormon.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordD
reply to post by Raelsatu

I know you are not reading everything from the start because everything i said has a reason like comparing them to rapist and so on. Some people grow with addictive personalities who cares doesn't make it right or understandable. To become so attracted to something that you have withdrawal symptoms is not being a human being. just because someone isn't violent doesn't make them okay. in order for a nation to grow and prosper their can only be producers and addicts have a tendency to be unproductive. And you have the audacity to tell me to rethink.

There shouldn't be any reason to compare a homosexual or addict to any of those aforementioned. But I suppose your angle is that they all have some form of mental disorder? If we're speaking on relative grounds, it's safe to say your intellectual dishonesty & irrational point of view is also 'wrong' or 'not ok'. On those grounds we could say that [many] religious people have a mental disorder.

People who struggle just to be accepted for what they are as a person, are forced to deal with intolerant people like you on a constant basis. You may think you're in the "right", but in doing so you're causing harm to others who haven't done anything against you (or others). That in and of itself is unethical, and primitive. Directing these degrading, dehumanizing comments at people with peaceful lifestyles IS wrong. Whether or not you agree with drug use is negligible. Whether or not you think same-sex attraction is immoral is also negligible. That is not cause for punishment or breeding hateful such opinions.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LordD

What exactly do i need to rethink? The part about addicts being powerless? I was powerless over my addiction before i chose to do something about it and rely on a higher power. This is fact. I am a Christian by the way and was taught to love others and treat others how i want to be treated, not condemn them for the way they live their lives. Im heterosexual but im tired of the witch hunt on gay people. If gay marriage, polygamy, and drugs were decriminalized it doesnt mean that straight people are going to turn gay, non addicts are going to begin using drugs, and believers in monogamy are going to change their minds. It just means that our tax dollars wont be putting non violent offenders in prison...not to mention the war on drugs is total bologna and it only makes so much money BECAUSE its illegal. And you can see clearly in my first post that i stated as long as people are not harming eachother in any way they should be able to do as they please. I resent the fact that you said people like me are the reason this country is in dire straits. Maybe it is because of people like you. I dont believe that any human being has the right to control another human being IF they are peaceful, non violent, hard working members of society. Until we accept eachother for who and what we are, the country will remain this way and my way of thinking CERTAINLY is not the reason this country is going down the toilet. Good try though pal.

ps...again...i dont use drugs anymore...but it is my belief that if they were sold like alcohol...regulated by government and distributed..many other crimes would be reduced drastically such as theft and murder to name just a couple.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

i know a lot of Mormons and I still go to LDS church from time to time and i will tell you that from kids to adults they stereotype their a little speculative of black people and their abilities. But early prophets like Joesph smith and Brigham young believed that black people were the cursed sons of ham. When Gordon b Hinckley (previous mormon prophet) was asked about why black people weren't allowed priesthood until the 70s. He said he did not know... interpret that how you will

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You my friend need to rethink what you just wrote. People who think like that are the reason why this country and world is in the condition its in.

Is that a joke? This country and world is in this condition for many reasons, but liberty is not one of them. Intolerance, bigotry, greed, hate, psychopathy, apathy, ignorance, and misinformation more like. The wars are what's wrong. The financial & political elite complicit in the destruction of economies & perpetration of lies are what's wrong. The religious bigots forcing their primitive ideologies onto the masses. That and much more; but no you say that it's the people who want to live their lives how they like in peace. The peaceful people that do drugs & such are the problem... You truly are demented.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gibsonsgrat187

Just stop. You cant be a christian and ignore what the bible says on homosexuality just cause your tired of it.People are a product of their environment. re think just a tad.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I am no Mormon expert and I am sure there are racist Mormons just like in every other walk of life....but if you go on the site and read it and other sites, they talk about these MYTHS.

The person who posted what I was referring to attributed it directly to Romney with no proof.....all this lying on both sides is very dangerous.
edit on 23-8-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LordD

Perfect example of what i just said. You said to me :JUST STOP:...people trying to control people, that is the problem. The bible does not say that homosexuality is a sin. Jesus does not speak out against homosexuality. He does speak out against oppression though. Dont tell me i cannot be Christian. It is not your place or your right, sir. As i said already im not gay but the ignorant and evil witch hunt has to stop.

and thanks for having my back RAELSATU

www.smilepolitely.com...
this link is is one of hundreds of examples that shows that the bible does not directly speak out against homsexuality..indirectly..everyone can interpret EVERYTHING differently to suit their own agenda..as for me.. i will continue to seek justice, peace, and tolerance.

edit on 23-8-2012 by gibsonsgrat187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Homosexuality is not a peaceful lifestyle. its a disgusting unnatural lifestyle only used to stop Mankind from receiving higher knowledge. theirs nothing degrading about fact homosexuality has no perspective. i will say this once more i don't have a problems with homosexual people i have a problem with homosexuality. People can change...

And if you have liberty to be homosexual why cant people have the liberty to commit suicide????? OR 13 YEAR OLD KIDS TALK TO 20 YEAR OLD MEN. HUH????
i rather have religious bigots force their primitive ideas than homosexuals force theirs.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. At least read your book

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LordD

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isnt this sites motto deny ignorance?????????????? I have gay friends and they DEFINITELY did not choose to be gay. Thats like saying Black people choose to be black. im done with this thread. i pity you.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You don't choose to be gay uhh... if you don't choose to be gay they you can never be straight theirs no middle-ground and since theirs gay people who turn straight and straight people who turn gay. you are wrong nice try though

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LordD

i guess you dont shave or cut your hair either??? lol
i do read my book and their are only 2 passages that mention homosexuality and it does not say it is mortal sin.
it does say that they should be put to death...but isnt murder a mortal sin??is it right to murder people who sin?? Jesus surely doesnt think so.

from my previously posted link that you did not read:
Leviticus 18.22 says, “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.” (NRSV) And Leviticus 20.13 says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them.” (NRSV)

The word “abomination” in these passages is not a very good translation. The Hebrew word toevah means something that is ritually unclean and it was used in lots of other contexts, particularly dietary laws. Pork is toevah. A lot of Christians who try to use these passages to condemn gay people overlook the fact that they, too, are toevah because of the bacon they had for breakfast. Bloody meat also is toevah, so that medium rare steak you had for dinner last week also made you unclean.

The fact is, Leviticus forbids a lot of questionable things that by today’s standards, most Christians ignore. For example, Leviticus 9.27 states, “You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard.” (NRSV) So, according to this, a shave and a haircut are an “abomination” as well. It really depends on how you look at it, etymologically.

That’s it for the Hebrew Bible (or the Old Testament). Those are the only passages that mention same-sex intercourse and, as we can see, they were all in larger contexts of rape and ritual purity, not in the context of two consenting adults.

like i said..its all about interpretation. its my interpretation that you are hateful and ignorant. i really do feel bad for people like you. i hope one day you can learn tolerance for your fellow man.

i grew up with a kid who tried like hell to like women but after high school he came out of the closet and hated himself for it and still might to my knowledge. i dont know as i moved away. Gay people do not turn straight and straight people do not turn gay. People may be confused and conflicted about how they feel and dishonest with themselves because of negativity society has placed on certain choices. I know for certain i will never :turn gay: even seeing a guys thighs in swim trunks grosses me out lol. but people being gay is harmless to you. most people that are openly hateful to gays like you are either in the closet and hate themselves, or were molested by a man as a child. your HATE is UNCHRISTIAN. anyway, i am a follower of christ but im not a bible thumper and i dont believe every word of the book to be taken literally. much of it was written by man.just be a good person.
edit on 23-8-2012 by gibsonsgrat187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You don't choose to be gay uhh... if you don't choose to be gay they you can never be straight theirs no middle-ground and since theirs gay people who turn straight and straight people who turn gay. you are wrong nice try though

You really need to get out of the bible belt for a while.

No gay person turns straight. No straight person turns gay.

You are completely ignorant on this subject.

I can only assume - - you must be reading some of the misinformed and inaccurate information put forth by certain writers. Which I'm sure has been discredited.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by LordD

I am no Mormon expert and I am sure there are racist Mormons just like in every other walk of life....but if you go on the site and read it and other sites, they talk about these MYTHS.

The person who posted what I was referring to attributed it directly to Romney with no proof.....all this lying on both sides is very dangerous.
edit on 23-8-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

All you referred me to was a modernization of the mormon's Joseph smith (which the website you reffered me to Joseph Smith himself DID NOT BELIEVE at the time) WHO DID believe african americans are the sons of ham, cursed. It doesn't matter if Blacks were part of history because it's common sense.

What proof do you need ask Joseph Smith don't forget He also approved of Negro slavery.

In the 1830s the Prophet Joseph Smith seemed to agree with slavery. In 1836 he wrote:

“I do not believe that the people of the North have any more right to say that the South shall not have slaves, than the South have to say the North shall.

All men are to be taught to repent; but we have no right to interfere with slaves, contrary to the mind and will of their masters. In fact it would be much better and more prudent not to preach at all to slaves until after their masters are converted, and then teach the masters to use them with kindness; remembering that they are accountable to God, and the servants are bound to serve their masters with singleness of heart, without murmuring.” (Messenger and Advocate 2:289)

Wikipedia
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Black people and early Mormonism

This article is about black people and the early Mormon movement. For black people and the modern LDS church, see Black people and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Early Mormonism had a range of policies and doctrines relating to race in regard to black people of African descent. References to black people, their social condition during the 19th century, and their spiritual place in Western Christianity as well as Mormon scriptures were complicated, with varying degrees and forms of discrimination against black people.

Back on topic...As a homosexual I would find this odd and would cancel my vote for Romney I think he's full of it to begin with if only Ron Paul still made it through to vote but it's to late.
edit on 23-8-2012 by corporateslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

During a Tuesday morning meeting of the Republican National National Convention Platform, Kansas Attorney General Kris Kobach expressed his opposition to a platform amendment that would have allowed for “civil unions” by likening homosexuality to drug use and polygamy.

And right there Kobach explained, in a nutshell, the mainstream Republican worldview that has alienated libertarians for many years. It goes something like this: We support “liberty” and “freedom” to do as you please, so long as those activities aren’t things we find to be yucky, abominable, or uncomfortable. In those cases, freedom does not exist

I would like to first of all say that this is a story about one person. One person who is not Mitt Romney. Let's not forget that. Next, I'd like to discuss what was actually said here... "We support 'liberty' and 'freedom' to do as you please..."

Okayyyy....

"...so long as those activities aren't things we find to be yucky..." YUCKY?? Did he just say yucky?

As a homosexual, I find straight sex to be kind of yucky.

Therefore, straight people should not be treated as a special class of citizens.

Did I win the debate??

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Not a myth. Mormonism teaches that black people have the curse of ham and are on Earth to do the devils bidding.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

reply to post by davethebear

If you honestly believe that you should do some soul searching. Being gay is wrong on every level mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Wrong...God made Gay people to control population!!! You wouldn't be around today to have that backwards point of view without gay people keeping the population in check!

Your welcome!!! You can have a family and food because of gays!!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Thank you OP for continuing to stand for freedom and equal rights!! S&F!

P.S. I do not think there is anything wrong with polygamy as well, who are we to tell a group of people they cant marry!!

I cant put up with one women let alone two..LOL....good luck!!!
edit on 8/23/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Not a myth. Mormonism teaches that black people have the curse of ham and are on Earth to do the devils bidding.

Please do not use Warren Jeffs and the FLDS as representative of Mormons. They are not recognized by the Official LDS church.

Its like saying Westboro Church is representative of all Christians.

Yes - Mormons as well as other Christians used the Mark of Ham to justify treatment of blacks.

However - - - blacks have been members of the Official LDS church from its earliest beginnings. Its true they could not hold the Priesthood - - but they were still members of the church. Unlike some All White Christian churches.

The largest growing Mormon group today are the Samoans.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join