learn more

Romney Adviser Compares Homosexuals to Drug Addicts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

What I meant, was that you implied there was an age base to when you could make a logical decision. Then I inferred, that you had made an inexact parallel, because the men or women were over the assumed age of being able to make said decision.

Regardless of the gay lifestyle being logical or illogical.

Now if you had never implied that age was a factor in making a logical decision, then it it could be argued to be a parallel; based on the comparison of the logic behind the act itself, be it right or wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

Exactly my point whats being a pedophile is cultural and perspective based being gay is not

Sorry but id have to disagree, being "gay" is often due to ones culture, in fact in some societies throughout history it was intentionaly institutionalised and flourished through cultural freedoms, until religion came along and ruined everyones parade![lol]

True I do not believe it natural from a reproductive perspective as our species would fail, if we do not reproduce, we die, simple. However I do not see anything unnatural about someone wanting to get pleasure from a similar sex as themselves. Why would you deny anyones right to this?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The point is we are not like other animals. How do you know that were not the cause of their homosexuality. also have you seen what they call evidence for homosexuals in animals. whats natural to them might not be natural to us we are a different species. I have gay friends sort of so i don't hate them i just know their wrong. Just like Christians atheist rapist etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

Just because i said its wrong doesn't mean they can't do it. Their just consequences that should be given for such a decision.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by LordD

What I meant, was that you implied there was an age base to when you could make a logical decision. Then I inferred, that you had made an inexact parallel, because the men or women were over the assumed age of being able to make said decision.

Now if you had never implied that age was a factor in making a logical decision, then it it could be argued to be a parallel; based on the comparison of the logic behind the act itself, be it right or wrong.

Exactly everyone has decision to be gay no matter how illogical it is. But its wrong and if i ruled they would be removed from society so that they couldn't corrupt the minds of kids. Definitely not accept gay people like "their just like you, its not wrong, their born that way."

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murad

True I do not believe it natural from a reproductive perspective as our species would fail, if we do not reproduce, we die, simple.

Did it ever occur that perhaps it is natural and functions as a population control?(personal belief completely unfounded and my own speculation). As a species with no true natural predators other than disease and our own self-destructive tendencies, it would make a degree of sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Thank you. Which means that being gay can never exist in a growing/productive world.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

Sorry that black hole of quotes made me laugh.

That is a lot of quoting.

I think the problem is that some people are offended by your personal beliefs ( I am not one of them, I don't care what you believe to tell the truth)

I think this is ATS and everyone has a right to share their opinion. I mean logically the argument can be extended like this.
If you can't express your opinions freely here about gays, albeit in a non argumentative fashion, then what is next, you can't express your opinions on aliens, or conspiracies.

To be honest I enjoy talking to people who have different opinions then me, whether I believe them to be right or wrong, mostly because if you talk non-argumentatively then at least you can understand their stance more.
You can't really expect to change someones opinion about this type of subject over the internet,
the most that will happen is someone's feelings will get hurt, and the MOD's will have to pull out the band-aids.
edit on 22-8-2012 by KingAtlas because: fixed

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by LordD

Sorry that black hole of quotes made me laugh.

That is a lot of quoting.

I think the problem is that some people are offended by your personal beliefs ( I am not one of them, I don't care what you believe to tell the truth)

I think this is ATS and everyone has a right to share their opinion. I mean logically the argument can be extended like this.
If you express your opinions freely here about gays, albeit in a non argumentative fashion, then what is next, you can't express your opinions on aliens, or conspiracies.

To be honest I enjoy talking to people who have different opinions then me, whether I believe them to be right or wrong, mostly because if you talk non-argumentatively then at least you can understand their stance more.
You can't really expect to change someones opinion about this type of subject over the internet,
the most that will happen is someone's feelings will get hurt, and the MOD's will have to pull out the band-aids.

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordD

reply to post by LordD

Exactly everyone has decision to be gay no matter how illogical it is."

Well I think you are taking me out of context. Or perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

I did not mean to say that there was a decision involved in being gay. I do not know, to be honest.
In all honesty I don't know which play a more profound role in the Nature/Nurture debate.

But when I was saying decision in that context, I was referring to the act of coitus.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I think we can all agree that if being gay is a choice its a wrong choice and if you are born that way its a defect. i hope its a choice

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I hate to step in the middle of a good give and take, but there is quite a bit of debate whether or not true homosexuality as we know it takes place in animals at all and that said behavior observed usually happens in abnormal conditions. Regardless, homosexuality is really none of the business of the government, IMHO.

Now back to the arguement.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

Sorry but id have to disagree, being "gay" is often due to ones culture, in fact in some societies throughout history it was intentionaly institutionalised and flourished through cultural freedoms, until religion came along and ruined everyones parade!

People are born gay. Religion forced people into the closet, but they were 100% still gay.

edit on 22-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Say that Christianity really is false what purpose would not allowing people to be gay serve.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

People are born gay

People are "born gay" are they?

What about someone who likes getting themselves pleasured, irrespective of where it comes from?

Were they born that way?, or have they reached a conscious decision based upon there own personal experiances in life that allows them to come to there own educated decision about how they conduct themselves with regards to sexuality?.

It just isnt clear cut as being "Born Gay", despite whatever agenda you are trying to push. Ah but I guess your right, penguins did it, so it must be true.

Were Spartans who were essentialy forced into a society of institutionalised homosexuality born that way?, or perhaps did there society influence them too conduct there relations in that way?

What about who choose to have relations with animals?

Were they "Born Bestial"

Or have I gone too far and I am just being silly now?

Such acts were practiced for hundreds, if not thousands of years in ancient Europe. Did we stop being born that way?, or did the society at that time influence them into these acts?
edit on 22-8-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-8-2012 by Murad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

There is a possibility that people are born gay, but to be fair, the scientific evidence has not yet concluded that it is always genetic.
I am not saying people are not born gay, I am saying scientifically, it has not been verified.
That it why I always say, on this subject I don't know which is true.

It is very easy to blanket all gay people into one group, and say they are all born gay, but the evidence isn't there to confirm or deny it.

Here is a link to read up on it. Just a Wikipage. But it does have a fair amount of information on it. And there is little to no evidence of an actual "Gay gene".
That doesn't mean you couldn't be born gay, there is a lot of factors in play, like testosterone and mitochondria that play roles in the developing fetus, so it's really not clear cut.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Just enough truly epic physco babble to kill any thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I thought this thread was about a Romney Adviser making a stupid comparison; not a discussion on the etiology of gayness or it's morality.

Well if it's a free for all discussion I'm declaring that Romney Advisers compare to pole dancing monkeys.

And this is not a disparagement against monkeys or primates in general.

No animals were harmed during the production of this post!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Not getting your point but you cant be enlightened by some video it comes from yourself and that's a fact. But the whole self thing is what i am talking about if people we self-conscious then they wouldn't be gay.

To KingAtlas theirs one big difference between me and you in this topic you still aren't convinced. But to me this is one of the few things i know personally.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join