Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Romney Adviser Compares Homosexuals to Drug Addicts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

During a Tuesday morning meeting of the Republican National National Convention Platform, Kansas Attorney General Kris Kobach expressed his opposition to a platform amendment that would have allowed for “civil unions” by likening homosexuality to drug use and polygamy.

And right there Kobach explained, in a nutshell, the mainstream Republican worldview that has alienated libertarians for many years. It goes something like this: We support “liberty” and “freedom” to do as you please, so long as those activities aren’t things we find to be yucky, abominable, or uncomfortable. In those cases, freedom does not exist

READ THE QUOTE BELOW BECAUSE THE VIDEO DOES NOT SHOW ALL

"“ I oppose this amendment, I think the wording is too broad. Especially the last sentence: ‘As long as there are no infringements on the rights of others, It is not the role of government to judge.’ Well, our government routinely judges situations where you might regard people completely affecting themselves like, for example, the use of controlled substances, like, for example, polygamy that is voluntarily entered into. We condemn those activities even though they’re not hurting other people, at least directly ""

www.mediaite.com...

Here comes the GOP AGAIN with more low IQ and hateful statements. He would not even accept amendment for civil unions, so you cannot argue family values with me. PLUS how can you compare being gay to being a drug addict? These people are so out of touch with reality it is sickening. There is absolutely not one argument to be made against civil unions.

Romney
Romney Admin

edit on 22-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)
edit on 22-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I can say the same thing for people worth over 150 million. $$$$$$ drug-addicts

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordD
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You sad person you............so sad...........
edit on Wed Aug 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
He's got a really good point, why do we condemn people who want to practice polygamy and choose which substances to put into their own bodies?

Oh, he's saying we should condemn more people based on nonsense because we already condemn other people based on nonsense.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Bah another thing that will be labeled a "gaff" by the folks who love the right..

Again, I feel compelled to state - these are NOT gaffs folks. These are extreme, fundamentalist, evangelical Christian views that have seeped into Government and which are poisoning it. Not gaffs - but the truth of it all finally coming out in the wash.

Vote whatever party you wish. Vote your consciences. But don't be fooled by religious zealots in conservative clothing.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'll breathe a sigh of relief when i can confirm his logic doesnt work vice versa, likening all drug addicts to homosexuals, cause then id be really screwed lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
He does have a point, just not the one he intended to make, well two points.

1. Hes an idiot.

2. The government has no place regulating our bodies and what we do to it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

There has been like 10 threads on GOPers saying awful things, this party is hateful, low IQ, helps big business, and uneducated.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Of the irony. I don't think the adviser realizes that most of the GOP faithful are addicted to prescription drugs and don't even know it.

Human stupidity is infinite.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I think DOMO was being sarcastic in reference to the previous posters bigoted views on homosexuality.

You see DOMO has an advanced sense of humour, and if you don't have an advanced sense of humour you might not get it haha

ETA: Why so sssssssserious?
edit on 22-8-2012 by KingAtlas because: ETA

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

If you honestly believe that you should do some soul searching. Being gay is wrong on every level mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
He's got a really good point, why do we condemn people who want to practice polygamy and choose which substances to put into their own bodies?

Oh, he's saying we should condemn more people based on nonsense because we already condemn other people based on nonsense.

Technically, as hes another typical right wing Republican hypocrite, he's picking and choosing who should be condemned based on his religious beliefs - and his profit margin.

Lets remember people, we KNOW that the wealthiest section of society is directly harming the rest of society through paying low wages, tax avoidance, extraction of wealth and corrupt business practices - but because they're the rich buddies these hypocrite freaks depend on to stay in power they don't see anything wrong with that at all.

While they're preaching about the religiously inspired imaginary "harm" others they dislike cause to society they're ignoring the ACTUAL HARM they are directly supporting.

The Republican party is the most hypocritical, selfish, dangerous and ignorant freak show of a party I have ever seen. They are actually more ignorant than the British BNP, and that's saying something!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I like you.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

Why is being gay so wrong???

On all those levels as well?

Could you please explain to me?
(I am not gay btw, I am just curious why you believe it is so wrong)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join