It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top College Basketball Recruit Collapses In Court After 3 Year Sentence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Too dumb to know what "concurrently" meant. Lowbrowed mouth breathing neanderthal. Such a weakling that he actually FAINTED when he couldn't add three plus two plus two, you can see he said, "I get five years?".

I've never seen anyone actually faint in real life. Maybe grandma getting "the vapors", but, come on.

Cry me a river, kid.

He will be punked out day one in the big house.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

the punishment does not fit the crime in my opinion,,, this kids life and future prospects are much more valuable then a few follicles..

Your right, I would've given him more. As for his life and future prospects? Well, guess he should've thought about that before he did what he did.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Too dumb to know what "concurrently" meant. Lowbrowed mouth breathing neanderthal. Such a weakling that he actually FAINTED when he couldn't add three plus two plus two, you can see he said, "I get five years?".

He said five years before the third charge was read.. when he got the additional two years put onto the five, thats when he fainted.

edit on 22-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

the punishment does not fit the crime in my opinion,,, this kids life and future prospects are much more valuable then a few follicles..

Your right, I would've given him more. As for his life and future prospects? Well, guess he should've thought about that before he did what he did.

besides being a sadistic racist taking pleasure in knowing another is severely punished and uncomfortable, why would you give him more?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I can't feel sorry for him. He assaulted someone. Forceable detained them against their will. Took their personally property (cell phone etc...) and ruined his own life.

Sorry, but my heart isn't going to bleed for him. Personally I think the extra adoration he received because he was some sports jock got to his head. Thought he could do whatever he wanted. Found out he couldn't and thats what caused this mess to begin with. Seriously the guy has still got to learn that as a sports star he is more of an entertainer than an important person. He's still part of the bread and circus. Why the average american can't figure out that that is all celebrities and sports athletes really are. Minus the philanthropists who may actually strive to do something positive with their fame, money and social leverage.

THe look on his face too. It wasn't a look of remorse but of some egotist shocked they actually had to pay the consequences for their actions. poor him. Boo Hoo.

Wanna make a bet if I had done the same thing I would have been given a much harsher sentence.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

besides being a sadistic racist taking pleasure in knowing another is severely punished and uncomfortable, why would you give him more?

YESSS!!!!!! I was waiting for that magical racist card!!!! Where in anything that I posted here suggest to you that I'm racist? Huh? Here's a few quotes from a news story on this model citizen:

Farmer assaulted Lane, dragged her by her hair outside the building and then took her cell phone, bank card, computer and car keys, prosecutors said.

He was also charged with intimidation for sending threatening text messages and voicemails to her, the newspaper reported

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... e-1.1142057#ixzz24KBQJsyw

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

YESSS!!!!!! I was waiting for that magical racist card!!!! Where in anything that I posted here suggest to you that I'm racist? Huh? Here's a few quotes from a news story on this model citizen:

Farmer assaulted Lane, dragged her by her hair outside the building and then took her cell phone, bank card, computer and car keys, prosecutors said.

He was also charged with intimidation for sending threatening text messages and voicemails to her, the newspaper reported

do you think not one person who commented on this thread hoorahing the justice of this anti story is a little racist.,,.,. read the thread again and the comments,,,,, who the hell cares about this stuff,,,, i have to assume they are mostly excited because a black kid is getting in trouble and punished,,,

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

sounds like a typical " in their 20s" boy friend girlfriend argument to me... I think it most likely is blown out of proportion,,, 3 F*************** years in jail for that,,, give me a break,,.,.., honestly I think 3 months is more like a just punishment,, and even that would be a bummer.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
More to the story...

The judge said she will review the sentence after 180 days.

hmmm...

Attorney Joe Dubyak, who represents Farmer, had said prior to court today that he would ask for probation, but Assistant County Prosecutor Sanjeev Bhasker believes the judge will make Farmer spend time in prison.

...Which means, he likely will not be going to the big house for 3 years. I'd guess 6 months, or less.

Much of the incident was caught on videotape inside the apartment building. Bhasker said that at one point, outside the building, Farmer dragged Lane by her hair.

...Which explains the "guilty" plea

Farmer was later charged with intimidation, as well, after he sent threatening phone and text messages to Lane.

After he was out on bond

...dumb, dumb, dumb

Bhasker said Farmer rejected a plea agreement that would have reduced the charges against him but would have likely meant a prison term of between two to eight years.

By rejecting the deal and pleading guilty to all four counts, Dubyak is able to ask Barker to place Farmer on probation, Bhasker said,.

...smart, smart, smart

Some of the larger schools that were pursuing Farmer are now waiting to see how the case plays out, said Garfield Heights High School basketball coach Sonny Johnson.

My prediction...He will still be going to college and playing hoops at some point. Some school will pick him up after he gets through the system and gets his G.E.D.

Source

edit on 22-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: added source

edit on 22-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

i have to assume they are mostly excited because a black kid is getting in trouble and punished,,,

You had to assume?
You had to assume because there has been no evidence of racism.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You would say the same if it was your kid or your brother...? Probably not.... You sound just like the rest of these people on here that have been fed with a silver spoon their whole lives. Now you gotta hate on a kid that could have possibly had a future doing what he does best. Must be nice

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

You would say the same if it was your kid or your brother...? Probably not.... You sound just like the rest of these people on here that have been fed with a silver spoon their whole lives. Now you gotta hate on a kid that could have possibly had a future doing what he does best. Must be nice

Wow, you've got the whole obama class warfare thing down perfectly, and tell me just what do you know of my life to paint me with such a broad brush? So in your mind it is perfectly fine that he assaulted this girl and later threatened her over the phone and shouldn't be held accountable just because he's a basket ball player? Actually I feel bad for you.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Farmer admitted to the crime.
The judge saw the security video.

Who are we to second guess the judge?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Wow, you've got the whole obama class warfare thing down perfectly, and tell me just what do you know of my life to paint me with such a broad brush? So in your mind it is perfectly fine that he assaulted this girl and later threatened her over the phone and shouldn't be held accountable just because he's a basket ball player? Actually I feel bad for you.

ohhhh,, i didnt know a girlfriend and boyfriend got into a fight,,, her hair was pulled? send him to jail for 3 years!!!

ive seen worse fights between girls,., never seen anyone go to jail for a month or 3,,, but if they did they should go for 3 years...
edit on 23-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sounds like he got off easy and probably not the first time in trouble but the camera got him this time. It's up to him if he gets a second chance but he's a role model either way.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Now that you gave me some of the facts....I scream BULL#!!!!! Here's a kid that got into a fight w/ his girlfriend. Obviously what he did was wrong but .... He went a little over board....3-7 yrs? Wow!!! Just bull#! I see 3-6 months and some therapy! Now we'll deal with a guy that's going to be very angry ....and I would to. I can just imagine the do-gooders that listened to this case....they weren't going to let a spoiled sports star get away w/ being stupid along w/ his gf! I have a feeling this was just one of those stupid nights. And the girl-friend defended him!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I agree that this is likely a temper issue similar to what happens a thousand times a day, somewhere. A 3 year sentence seems harsh, to me. If that's what it turns out to be.

Now here's where I diverge:

I think the judge slapped him with the 3 years to wake him up. Anything less, and he'd walk thinking he got away with something. Nothing good about that for the kid, or society.

Now if over the next 180 days he can demonstrate what he should and needs to, and they can slap some sort of probation on him, then maybe it'll serve as the wake up he needs and he can proceed along the path of a valuable contributory member of society.

I'm not trashing the kid, or the judge. I think this was a heat of the moment thing, and I don't believe the judge has any intent to destroy his life over it. But it's a serious enough thing that he needs to know it'll be taken seriously. What if she'd had a gun, or a friend did, and shot him to protect her? This could've been much worse. We need to see how this plays out. If he's remorseful and demonstrates a willingness to keep on the straight and narrow, all is good. If not, they can revoke him and he can do his time.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It wasn't just a heat of the moment thing.

He made a threating phone call to her later stating he should have done more to her.

The judge said that call played a big part in the sentance.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Am I the only one that say here start to run as soon as he came in the door?

I don't think this was a one off event.

He better work on that fainting under stress thingy, that is going to make it way too easy in prison for his new boyfriends.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

He should be held accountable but that doesn't mean go to prison and ruin a future career... You've never grabbed your girlfriend as she is walking off or yelled at her on the phone? Well then Prince charming sorry for the false evaluations.... What does obama class warfare have to do with anything i said? This is all personal opinions. I've been in those shoes and see it happen alot and being held in jail for nothing is BS, especially when your girlfriend/wife is still supporting you and sorry she called the cops. But you wouldn't know about that, since you do any wrong.

<< 1    3 >>

join