It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

What's interesting is that they always say they "misspoke" but they don't ever really rephrase what they were trying to say other than make it incredibly generic such as: "I said women can't get pregnant from "legitimate" rape, but what i really meant was abortion is bad?" WTF? So what were you trying to say about women getting raped and impregnated then?

Or Rush for example: "I called that girl a slut and a prostitute for using birth control, but I simply misspoke. What I meant was that birth control shouldn't be covered under health insurance."

They never rephrase exactly what they said. They simply reiterate their obvious stance on the general subject.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"Hold the Phone"! I think we've located: " the guy" and "the monkey"! Partying nekkid!

Lab tech parties with escaped monkeys
University employee found with pants down, monkeys roaming free
Published On: Aug 22 2012 12:03:49 PM EDT

A Georgia Health Sciences University lab tech was recently discovered in a campus locker room engaging in unusual behavior.

Authorities said 32-year-old Coley Mitchell was jailed after he was found intoxicated with his pants down in a locker room in the Sanders Research and Education Building while two lab monkeys were found roaming free, outside their cages, the Augusta Chronicle reported.

Mitchell was booked into Richmond County jail on charges of public intoxication. The monkeys were examined and found to be unharmed.
www.clickorlando.com...

Southern boyz

edit on 23-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Dear ATS and world:
Please excuse Campfield. His opinion does not reflect that of us, and we aren't sure how he got elected, as nobody will actually admit to voting for him.
Regards
Ashamed Knoxville

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

If it has not already been pointed out the guy is not in the US Senate...cannot comment on a lack of intelligence if you cannot read and comprehend....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

Thank you!

You are asolutely correct. In fact, it is extremely difficult for men to get HIV from unprotected sex with an HIV positive woman. In women, HIV pretty much ends with them. The odds are ridiculoulsy high for her to pass it. To pass it, she has to cut herself, cut the man, and rub cuts together. Otherwise, it will not happen.

I too have done extensive studying on this very controversial topic. Not only does HIV not equal AIDS, but AIDS itself has been reexamined- more than likely, it is a compilation of natural deficiencies. Why is the African population overwhelmed with this epidemic? Deficiencies, such as low iron, calcium, etc.

It has not been 'proven' to be passed sexually; therefore, it is something that is created individually, meaning the body begins to produce certain antibodies when it is deficient in a needed element.

Ether way, though, is it even is an isolated virus (which to this day still has not been proven), it can only live in semen and blood. This is why straight men are not going ot get it from a woman with HIV.
edit on 23-8-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with the point that these GOP tards need to keep their mouths shut about these kinds of subject, because the press cuts them NO slack whatsoever. Joe "footinmymouth" Biden could say that Republicans rape and eat their own babies and he'd get a pass.

On another note, I have read articles that back up this guy's statements. I have hear that AIDS is almost nonexistent in the hetero community, except for addicts. I personally know zero heterosexual people who have had AIDS. I have a cousin who is HIV+, but she will f*** anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It is impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex

It's possible to get HIV though.

They are not interchangeable terms.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I too have done extensive studying on this very controversial topic. Not only does HIV not equal AIDS, but AIDS itself has been reexamined- more than likely, it is a compilation of natural deficiencies. Why is the African population overwhelmed with this epidemic? Deficiencies, such as low iron, calcium, etc.

Very controversial....

I too have had a vested interest in it for a while now. Very interesting stuff

As for Africa. I actually think the population is 'overwhelmed' with HIV because they use cheaper tests (there are various tests of varying accuracy). Although I am not discounting the deficiency argument..

The "HIV denialists" have a fairly strong case imho.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Following on from the "Legitimate Rape" farce earlier this week and again - as an outside observer with no interaction with the US political system at all - this stuff is scary, and this guy is IN the Senate.

Maybe this will help explain what's been going on over here lately:

We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Soon we won't be able to think our way out of a paper bag

The rest of you will just have to carry on without us - we'll be too busy staring at the sun and wiping up our own drool

:-)

edit on 8/24/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: adding a sense of humor

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Speaking of ignorance.Have none of you people ever looked at the facts? 98% of aids victims are homosexual men or intravenous drug users in the US.

I just looked it up. In 2009. According to AvertDOTorg

75% of AIDS diagnoses were men. Of that 75%, 75% were homosexual/bisexual. 25% were women, and 85% of the women were heterosexual.

So 98% you claim is not accurate...

That was AIDS diagnoses though. I'm going to try and find the HIV diagnoses stats.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Doc Gator
My next door neighbor is an OB/GYN and we have had a discussion about this. The statement that he made is close to the quote posted by the OP. He said: "It is virtually impossible for MEN to get aids from heterosexual sex". The emphasis is mine for clarity of difference.

They are correct, as was the Lawmaker. The odds of a man getting HIV from a woman are about 1:4000 (1:1000-1:8000) with unprotected sex. It's extremely rare for a man to get HIV from a woman. Those are the facts.

I am just tickled pink to read this.

Now think how this poor guy - number 4000 - feels.

Did he get it from his wife, girlfriend, or was it one of those " one-nite stands" from the airport??

So what you are saying is the guy is right, but you want to bash him anyway? Ok, got it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Well as of 2009 24% of all AIDS cases are women, in the US, so I don't know if you would want to take a chance...Also it was not long ago when AIDS was the # 1 killer of women under 40 in New York,

www.thebody.com...
edit on 23-8-2012 by kurthall because: added link

Not sure what women getting AIDS has to do with men getting HIV from heterosexual sex. If your premise is that women get it from heterosexual sex so men must to, then you are without facts. Women will get HIV from sex with a man, a man getting HIV from a woman is extraordinrily rare. If you believe they are at equal risk you should do further research.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
My High School Term Paper on HIV/AIDS, in 1987 was better informed than this man! Whatever, ignorant people are going to be ignorant. I just hope people that were listening didn't take it as fact. I love to see men like this fall. The high and mighty fall so damn hard.

Jerry Falwell. Jim Bakker, Mark Souder (I love that one), the list goes on and on...

P.S. I got an A++ on that Term Paper....

Go grab that A++ paper and tell us what the odds of a man getting HIV from a woman through heterosexual intercourse is. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Well so far there's about 2 other educated people in this thread. Quite ironic since everyone is here bashing someone for being "stupid" and "without facts" when they are completely wrong.

PS: Don't equate the rape comment by that moron with this comment. The rape comment is sheer stupidity, this is actually true.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Just fyi, every single figure you quoted above is FACTUALLY incorrect.

I'll let you do a 5min google search so you can figure that out for yourself instead of reading pseudo-scientific books lie the one of Mr Fumento.

How about you do a google search and let us know what the odds are of a man getting HIV through heterosexual transmission.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

This is what I was able to google concerning that.

75% of all AIDS diagnoses were men. Of that 75%, 75% were homosexual/bisexual.

So obviously not 98% that was claimed by that member....

But in fairness that was AIDS diagnoses and not HIV (note the member who posted 98% said AIDS diagnoses)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Just fyi, every single figure you quoted above is FACTUALLY incorrect.

I'll let you do a 5min google search so you can figure that out for yourself instead of reading pseudo-scientific books lie the one of Mr Fumento.

How about you do a google search and let us know what the odds are of a man getting HIV through heterosexual transmission.

And what are the odds for a woman?

P.S. Heterosexual sex is usually between men and women - right? Or am I confused?

:-)
edit on 8/24/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Same source for my above stats.

25% of all AIDS diagnoses were women, and 85% of the women were heterosexual.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Same source for my above stats.

25% of all AIDS diagnoses were women, and 85% of the women were heterosexual.

I was just amused by Mr. Razors omission

because of course - it only matters that straight men are (mostly) safe
edit on 8/24/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

This is what I was able to google concerning that.

75% of all AIDS diagnoses were men. Of that 75%, 75% were homosexual/bisexual.

So obviously not 98% that was claimed by that member....

But in fairness that was AIDS diagnoses and not HIV (note the member who posted 98% said AIDS diagnoses)

How many of the remaining 25% are IV/drug users? As the person you responded to stated they engage in homosexual intercourse OR use drugs.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join