It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Can not even begin to imagine the depth of her stupidity. Bet she thinks you can get it from toilet seats too.
God, what a dumbass.
In a way, it almost seems like gay bashing.

These are the people making laws to run your life.
Anyone else really uncomfortable with that?
edit on 23-8-2012 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Adkins and this guy got caught being ridiculous....that's 2 in such a short time in the public.

It should prove to a lot of people that Washington types are idiots!! Like Romney, these people are out of touch w/ the likes of us. They're only concerned about their inner circle/big money. Remember Ma Bush and the Katrina victims? God these people make me sick. I'm sooooo done w/ most of Washington. We need to get rid of these people and start electing those on our side.

The way I see it...we need to not care how much money a man has to run a campaign ...but care about the campaign and what he's saying. It's ridiculous that u need millions to run on principal which only allows 1 type of person in the house....the kind that is out of touch w/ the common man and woman.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What do you all expect? We live in a society and specifically a country, the U.S., which revels in telling lies. The lies start before kindergarten with Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and the grand lie of all, Jesus and God and the Holy Trinity...

Children are completely dependent on adults and have to 'believe' that what they are told by them is true, their very lives depend on it. That's why people can get so screwed up by bad parenting, or worse, abuse. Their brains are quite literally scarred by it.

So you start out confused (Jesus died for your sins, his all-loving father sent him down here to be tortured and murdered, because when you're born you're already a sinner, and Eve shouldn't have eaten that apple, and the Old Testament says you should stone individuals and their whole villages for not believing, but the New Testament, both the word of God, mind you, but the new and improved God, dialed back on that one)

Aaaaannnd, so it continues. Everywhere you look, you're encouraged to believe in fantasies, fairy tales and lies. Only one true religion, the one that someone in front of you is touting right now. Those others are the imaginations of a lunatic, or evil, or Satan trying to trick you.

Meanwhile, the government lies about everything. Wanna know the truth of the Kennedy assassination? Sorry, those files are locked in a drawer until everyone alive at that time will be dead and nobody will care anymore. The Gulf of Tonkin incident? Never happened. Too bad about those 55,000 dead guys because of it. But it's okay. They're patriotic heroes... WMDs in Iraq? Errrr. No. Who cares, though, we have control of their oil now.

9-11? Wow, big lie there. But most everybody who heard the immediate explanation, (within a half hour the meme was out, Osama did it!) believed it. Any freakin' idiot could look at those buildings coming down and realize something wasn't right with 'the beams weakened' but their brains were so confused by the years of insane fantasies that one more didn't even cause a blip. Now, anyone who disbelieves the Official Story is a conspiracy theorist and a nutcase, even if they're just calling for an actual investigation where the principals involved have to testify under oath, recorded and in public...

In short, there's a reason the most outrageous idiotic comments are coming out of the most fundamentalist religious states. Is it really that hard to connect the dots and see what has to happen to save us all?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Speaking of ignorance.Have none of you people ever looked at the facts? 98% of aids victims are homosexual men or intravenous drug users in the US. Even Barbara Feinstein when mayor of San Francisco tried to shut down the bath houses to try to stop the spread. Go on with this mindless prattle all you want. Aids is a lifestyle disease that was given rights to protect its spread. Other lifestyle diseases syphilis, gonorrhea were treated as such and virtually eradicated or significantly reduced by the health department because when contracted you were required to report your sexual contacts who were then contacted for treatment. With Aids it was against the law to ask who you had been sexually involved. For all of you uninformed clowns that are going to throw the different statistics for Africa, please be aware that 60% of that population also suffers from syphilis. The facts are that the HIV virus is passed through blood exchange that occurs through anal sex and needles or through open syphilis sores. The other 2% in the US contracted aids through blood transfusions and less than 1% through heterosexual sex since vaginal intercourse does not normally result in blood to blood exposure. If you really want to learn the truth about aids please read "The Myth of Heterosexual Aids" by Michael Fumento. It was written when the Gay Community and other left wing nuts were predicting the explosion into the heterosexual population that never occurred. I suggest that you uninformed liberals that are only able to report the indoctrination you have undergone use this as a reason to question all of your beliefs. The quote by the GOP lawmaker was accurate if one looks at the facts.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
Speaking of ignorance.Have none of you people ever looked at the facts? 98% of aids victims are homosexual men or intravenous drug users in the US. Even Barbara Feinstein when mayor of San Francisco tried to shut down the bath houses to try to stop the spread. Go on with this mindless prattle all you want. Aids is a lifestyle disease that was given rights to protect its spread. Other lifestyle diseases syphilis, gonorrhea were treated as such and virtually eradicated or significantly reduced by the health department because when contracted you were required to report your sexual contacts who were then contacted for treatment. With Aids it was against the law to ask who you had been sexually involved. For all of you uninformed clowns that are going to throw the different statistics for Africa, please be aware that 60% of that population also suffers from syphilis. The facts are that the HIV virus is passed through blood exchange that occurs through anal sex and needles or through open syphilis sores. The other 2% in the US contracted aids through blood transfusions and less than 1% through heterosexual sex since vaginal intercourse does not normally result in blood to blood exposure. If you really want to learn the truth about aids please read "The Myth of Heterosexual Aids" by Michael Fumento. It was written when the Gay Community and other left wing nuts were predicting the explosion into the heterosexual population that never occurred. I suggest that you uninformed liberals that are only able to report the indoctrination you have undergone use this as a reason to question all of your beliefs. The quote by the GOP lawmaker was accurate if one looks at the facts.

Just fyi, every single figure you quoted above is FACTUALLY incorrect.

I'll let you do a 5min google search so you can figure that out for yourself instead of reading pseudo-scientific books lie the one of Mr Fumento.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There's a reason these GOP morons continue with this nonsense and it's clear in the thread as to why it's effective. Such nonsense rallies the yahoo's. People, even unintelligent people, don't like to think of themselves as bigots so they need all these excuses no matter how lame, to justify their hatred of difference. It makes me want to punch a redneck right in his red neck, luckily there's none within swinging distance.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

The hilarious thing is, the party claiming to be for "small government" wants to influence your sex life. I mean, how much more invasive can a government get than that?

The problem I have is that i identify with the general GOP stance on Finances... but on social issue they are in the dark ages.

That's why I like the Swiss system with toooons of parties. That way you actually end up voting based on ISSUES rather than the nonsense the States have now.

Having said that, none of the Swiss parties is crazy enough to ever say something like Akin or that GOP lawmaker...they'd be laughed out of politics

edit on 23-8-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The monkey thing also points out his ignroance. IT is also a myth that just won't die.

Yes, it was contracted from a monkey. But it is because many tribal citizens come in contact with local wild species, quite frequently, and kill them. Since there is no model for hygiene, they get covered in the animal's blood with no regard. Throw it on some woman's head or the back of a motorcycle, and drive to another town to sell it.

Now you have infection, and a way to spread it.

Who knows if they even cook it.

Transmission was by a hunter.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Easy there Kali. Just because he's in Tennessee doesn't automatically make him a redneck (he's originally from New York State). I'm a redneck and I can't stand the man. What he is, is an ignorant, religious fundamentalist, "boys club" guy. He's arrogent, has compared himself to Jesus, and loves to "stir the pot" for a reaction just so he can laugh about it and belittle people for their reactions.

Unfortunately this kind of politician is what people in Knoxville have grown accustom to. And even more unfortunate, people in this area tend to vote party lines, rather than for the person. It's a very sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
AIDs is not a sexual disease. If it was it would be transmitted only through sex. But the way to contract the disease is by being exposed to tainted blood, and there are a number of ways of doing that, such as sharing a tainted needle while using illicit drugs.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

how is that more scary than the deaths of pakistani kids as a result of drone strikes sanctioned by the president?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The tribes are restless. I love watching gang activity at work, although it is saddening that we will not learn to grow out of this tribal mentality.

Anyways. There are stupid comments on both sides of the fence proving that stupidity is not exclusive to one party.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

No there isn't only the party you don't like says stupid things!

Geez..pick a side would you...stop being in the intellectual middle..
making decisions for yourself... what a sucker

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Did anyone say it wasn't?

Nope.

But again, I reiterate, this isn't about party politics. Its about stupidity.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

“It was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

And people think the "Conspiracy Theorist" are the crazy people

Politicians who make such asinine public comments should immediately have their positions as a representative revoked. Normally I would not suggest such a solution, but this is beyond ignorance.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Welcome to America lol.

Airline pilot who shags monkeys ?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
80% of people are freaking idiots today and are about as dumb as a rock.

Politicians are no different than anybody else , they're just people. Look around at all the crap that gets spouted just on this website and all the crap that goes on around the world.

You act shocked when people running for office say something stupid but in reality they are no worse than the rest of the population.

How can such an ignorant society expect perfection from the government that rules them when the government is made up from it's people.

Yeah, Stacey Campfield seems to be an idiot as well as Romney, Obama and all the rest. The problem is that they are really no worse than the rest of the country.

In a Democracy, the people get the government they deserve - Alexis de Tocqueville

Well...... We got it.

And yes, I have put my foot in my mouth more times than I would like to admit in the past also.

The main problem is that all the politicians are book smart people with masters degrees and yet none of them have ANY common sense in day to day matters. That's it in a nutshell I believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Tennessee state Sen. Stacey Campfield (R) falsely claimed on Thursday that it was nearly impossible for someone to contract AIDS through heterosexual contact.

“Most people realize that AIDS came from the homosexual community,” he told Michelangelo Signorile, who hosts a radio program on SiriusXM OutQ. “It was one guy screwing a monkey, if I recall correctly, and then having sex with men. It was an airline pilot, if I recall.”

“My understanding is that it is virtually — not completely, but virtually — impossible to contract AIDS through heterosexual sex.”

Raw Story (s.tt...)

Following on from the "Legitimate Rape" farce earlier this week and again - as an outside observer with no interaction with the US political system at all - this stuff is scary, and this guy is IN the Senate.

You would think that someone might have learned from Rep. Todd Akin's gaffe that facts need to be checked before replies are given, and that if you don't know an answer the honest thing to do is not comment on it, but apparently not.

What disturbs me is this - where has this guy been in the past 20 years or so? Has he had no access to basic health information? If so, what are they teaching you guys out there because this flies in the face of everything we've been taught over here in the UK regarding education on AIDS

I take on board that elected officials are not experts in subjects, but they ARE accountable for their words, surely its better to offer no comment than offer something as absurd as this? Its a dangerous message to be putting across.

My guess is, he? Was raised in a household which had a strong disdain for education, gays, and sex. It is scary to think someone so out of touch with reality can make it to q Senate seat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join