It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmaker: Virtually impossible to get AIDS through heterosexual sex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
LOW IQ party

It just verifies what I've said in this thread; www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Impossible no but according to this: www.avert.org...

Male to male sexual contact is the leading cause followed by hetro according to the same site 73% of males are infected.

So theoretically a straight male and a straight female(depends on the partners) is less likely to get aids from heterosexual sex.

Waiting on the outrage of the dude who said Guam was going to tipover.
edit on 22-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo are you trying to say that if enough weight is put on one side of an island it wont tip over? Disinfo.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Questions for Republicans should be..
What's more important?

Party rhetoric or common sense?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Honestly this is the most stupid thing I have ever heard a politican say:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I have no way to know if anyone else is hearing the amount of lunacy which continues to spew from the Republican Party the last several days.

I am more and more convinced that my decision to vote a straight Democratic ballot this term is THE correct one.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The fact that you can't tell the difference in level of stupidity here is kind of telling. Rep.Johonson's remarks while demonstrating a woefully deficient level of common sense doesn't hurt anyone but the residents of Guam he believes will fall into the sea. What Rep. Akin and State Rep.Campfield have said aren't just woefully ignorant, they are woefully harmful to actual real people that could and will suffer under their policies. It isn't just about stupid people in Government saying ignorant or stupid things.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

I have no way to know if anyone else is hearing the amount of lunacy which continues to spew from the Republican Party the last several days.

I am more and more convinced that my decision to vote a straight Democratic ballot this term is THE correct one.

I find it interesting that you already made your decision and are now finding reasons to justify it. It kind of flies in the face of your signature quote, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh I don't know. Dan Quayle had his moments.

We understand the importance of having bondage between parents and their children. Dan Quayle

Bush too

"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them."
-George Bush

edit on 22-8-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It really never gets old. I just watched it before I came back to this thread. It has to be the worst thing Ive seen one say too. Looks like hes hopped up on goofballs. I cant imagine how he got elected what with his speaking abilities.

On topic. So was this monkey business consensual? Id hate to think theres a little human monkey hybrid running around with AIDS.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Really all politicians "have their moments"

Are people really trying to claim the "moral high ground" only one in this thread so far has that "right" that would be the op since he has no dog in this hunt.

witch hunt that is.
spanish inquisition if people prefer.
edit on 22-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments so far.

Firstly, this isn't a party political thing - people from BOTH sides of the political spectrum say stupid things

But this, and the one I highlighted earlier this week aren't just stupid, they are morally reprehensible and DANGEROUS.

I simply cannot stand watching people who are elected representatives say such crassly stupid things - do they not understand that they have put themselves in a position of leadership and that their words actually weigh on society, which means that they have a responsibility to either be factually correct OR simply not to comment until such time as they are educated enough on a subject to grasp its basic principles?

But what surprised me more on this one is that this guy is two years older than me, and frankly we are the "aids generation" - when it broke big and became a huge concern we would have been in our teens/early 20's and the messages put out were so damn strong at the time about potential dangers - where the hell was this guy?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the GOP lawmakers and office holders that come up with this kind of stuff only passed high school and college because their teacher would accept because God said so, God did it, and only God knows as acceptable answers on all their exams. The ignorance will continue as long as the population allows them to be voted to a position of power.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
NEO grats on the deflection! That is first rate, not addressing the OP at all, cudos!

I love the way GOP fanboys play it...

I think he said AIDS started from a guy and a monkey having sex.... and then he had sex with dudes...
obviously it's an urban myth, but he believes it to be true....

Where does AIDS come from

ETA:
FOUND IT!!!
here is his source.....

edit on 22-8-2012 by KingAtlas because: added video

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Whatever here is what the Gop has done:

Popular in Africa: Bush has given more aid than any other US president

When President Bush came to power in 2001, the US spent $1.4bn a year on humanitarian and development aid in Africa. By 2006, the figure had quadrupled to $5.6bn a year. And it is likely to get bigger. The centrepiece of Mr Bush's aid to Africa is the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (Pepfar), a five-year, $15bn Aids prevention and treatment programme launched in 2003. His most recent budget proposes doubling the funding to $30bn over the next five years.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
First off : WTF?? what does that have to do with anything...

Second: That is very nice *pats on head* here is a cookie

Thirdly: Okay I will do the work here, and put together some pieces, if by some chance this is what you were getting at, maybe you meant that Bush is helping to keep the AIDS epidemic in check by sending aid into Africa where there is a huge problem with AIDS. That is a good idea, in principle, but, sending money to corrupt officials, and telling them that it's for helping people, doesn't generally work.
The majority of that money gets spent on basic government need, salaries, government facilities, ect. (weapons also)
Very little of that aid money reaches the people.

Now with that said, it still has nothing to do with the OP. We are not talking about Bush's policies on foreign aid.
We are talking about a Senator who doesn't have common sense.
edit on 22-8-2012 by KingAtlas because: add

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
But what surprised me more on this one is that this guy is two years older than me, and frankly we are the "aids generation" - when it broke big and became a huge concern we would have been in our teens/early 20's and the messages put out were so damn strong at the time about potential dangers - where the hell was this guy?

Well Neformore, being from the area, my observation is; people like this get their knowledge about 'sexual matters' from their churches rather than educational institutions. (I stated sexual matters because if you read what he stated, to him it's more about sex than science) And with that I'm not saying that all churches preach this kind of idiocy (although some do), but when you get the parishioners talking, it is this kind of crap that spreads.

The guy is a complete jackass and an embrassement to his district (and Tennessee). This is not the only stupid thing he has said. And I'm quite sure it will not be his last.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Every time TN is in the news it just makes everyone think all of us are idiots. Good (insert holy deity here), we are not all idiots, I swear.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Yeah, at first I thought that it was just one Republican that happened to have a completely wrong viewpoint (regarding the "legitimate rape" comment), but now I'm beginning to see a dangerous pattern here...

Apparently, Republicans in the U.S. go out of their way to deny science for some reason.
edit on 22-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

For SOME reason? For ONE reason - they believe in an invisible sky wizard.

I believe that those who preach the word of the Lord shouldn't be allowed to handle scissors let alone be elected to office.

That's just my opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
my conspiracy sense is tingling...

"WTF??!!, can they truly be that stupid? it's almost as if they want obama re-elected!"

have any of us ever personally heard, these supposed people,
saying these stupid things, or are all these merely fed to us by the compliant MSM?
complying with whom?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join