It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will I be blackbagged for posting my views online?... THIS IS SERIOUS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm just wondering about something.... (THIS IS VERY SERIOUS TO PLEASE READ)

I had suspicions about this before but after listening to Alex Jones last night it got me a bit worried. This forum is awsome because it's ideal for free thinkers. I think many of us in here are not confined by the information bubble. We at least believe we know a lot more than what MSM has told us. And we enjoy talking about it; so what. It's not like we mean any harm by it in anyway. It's just our view points on life.

But so many odd things going on. I hear stories people getting black bagged for saying the extremely common view points. Like it's insane. It's like the thought police are out there for real. I'll give you just one of thousands of examples of this below.

But what I'm driving at is it safe to be posting my views online? And sharing your points of view that go against the grain? If I was in the US I know for a fact I'd be extremely careful what I say online. But I'm in Canada so I think we're not too bad here. I don't hear stories of people getting black bagged and we don't have laws to support that either like they do in the US. ie: (NDAA) Where it's okay for you to be black bagged and held indefinitely without trial in the US. Basically the same as the Nazi's, or stalinistic soviet russia. (oups maybe I shouldn't be saying that. ouch, again I don't mean no harm, I'm just pointing out what's obvious)

But I was thinking yesterday and wondering if there are serious risks about posting generally online your view points. Like it sounds like we're not suppose to be speaking our minds. If you do you could get black bagged or put on some watch list.

Like I'm just thinking, maybe I should just SHUT UP and be like all the other atomaton sheeple. Cuz I'm not interested in getting black bagged!

examples: (WATCH THIS)

edit on 22-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Stay within the T&C's and then if you don't, the mods will likely delete any post that will get you "blackbagged" for your own, and the site's protection.

This site is not all about Freedom of Speech (thank goodness). There are other venues for that.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

edit on 22-8-2012 by rumor21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Dude your fine. ATS is probably only occasionally looked at for lols by the gubment. Its not like theres anything secret or groundbreaking going on here. I havent kept up with the marine thing. Dont advocate illegal things and youre fine. That youre even worried suggests you should take a break from ATS.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rumor21

Good luck fighting "them" one by one!! It only works in numbers and everyone would have to be together at the same time to win....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

We are watching you. Be afraid. Keep your mouth closed. Complete your FB profile and report suspicious activity.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Dude your fine. ATS is probably only occasionally looked at for lols by the gubment. Its not like theres anything secret or groundbreaking going on here. I havent kept up with the marine thing. Dont advocate illegal things and youre fine. That youre even worried suggests you should take a break from ATS.

Maybe I should try real life again. ha ha. How does that work again, you basically work for the man to get him rich? lol Oh joy.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I want to marry the guy in the video!!! I actually got turned on when he said the word...#! lol

This guy is a true patriot!!! You to OP!! Well, you're canadian...thanks for the support? lol S&F

link   
reply to post by r2d246

But what I'm driving at is it safe to be posting my views online?

Was it ever "safe?"
I think the only safety here is the sheer number of people who express similar views.
They simply can't arrest/detain us all.

You think the NSA/CIA/FBI haven't been monitoring the internet from day one?
Of course they have.

The real question is, are you more concerned with promoting principles or your personal survival?

link   
From what I can gather the entire Raub thing has turned into a meme - there are several factors not being reported that might have bearing upon the reality of his situation.

During the last administration I referred to Dick Cheney, on ATS, and said "If Darth Vader and Freddy Kruger had a baby - IT would fear Dick Cheney" or some such - as an example. I've voiced highly acerbic and polarized, critical comments here for years and have never heard a single word about it - apart from being shredded by oppositional opinion on the boards.

Know the laws regarding what it's legal to say and illegal to say - and also understand where opinion becomes libelous and you should be fine.

As far as ATS goes? as somebody above mentioned... we don't police opinion - just enforce T&C.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
reply to post by r2d246

We are watching you. Be afraid. Keep your mouth closed. Complete your FB profile and report suspicious activity.

Then you know about last night? The beer? And the two women? ouch. Don't tell anyone k. It's my lil secret.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Originally posted by Domo1

Maybe I should try real life again. ha ha. How does that work again, you basically work for the man to get him rich? lol Oh joy.

I am the last freaking person you should be asking.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Yeah I wonder how far back they go because many posters have changed their wording and style over the past couple years but if I can remember how they 'used' to post, perhaps they are in a cue waiting to be held accountable for what they may have said in a fit of rage years ago. I dont know what do you think?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It is possible that you could be...

It doesn't take a whole lot to connect the dots to who a person is online. If you look back over all the posts you have ever made on a site and read them back to back, you might see that over time you have given a pretty identifing profile of who you are. Hackers use that type of info to DOX you (get personal information) so I would assume that someone trying to track you might be able to do the very same thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Excellent points, I hope you are right, that would make a terrific thread, one that teaches the correct ways to get the message across without crossing the lines of trouble.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about posting on ATS.
They only thing you'll get here is occasional teabagging.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Was it ever "safe?" I think the only safety here is the sheer number of people who express similar views. They simply can't arrest/detain us all.

Ya thats' true. Lifes about risk. You could die trying to cross the street.

From what I can gather the entire Raub thing has turned into a meme - there are several factors not being reported that might have bearing upon the reality of his situation. During the last administration I referred to Dick Cheney, on ATS, and said "If Darth Vader and Freddy Kruger had a baby - IT would fear Dick Cheney" or some such - as an example. I've voiced highly acerbic and polarized, critical comments here for years and have never heard a single word about it - apart from being shredded by oppositional opinion on the boards. Know the laws regarding what it's legal to say and illegal to say - and also understand where opinion becomes libelous and you should be fine. As far as ATS goes? as somebody above mentioned... we don't police opinion - just enforce T&C. ~Heff

Okay good to know. I'm not saying anything like that so I should be fine. They'll come after you first. ha ha.

I want to marry the guy in the video!!! I actually got turned on when he said the word...#! lol This guy is a true patriot!!! You to OP!! Well, you're canadian...thanks for the support? lol S&F

I seem to follow all that's going on in the US and not here. Nothing happens up here. It's so BORING. So I hear strange things about what's going on down there and I wonder about it. Cuz we tend to follow your lead. I can't believe the level of police state we've become. It's completely nuts. Anyway stay safe.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's not like ATS is one of the chan's .. And even then It is highly unlikely anyone with any kind of "authority" what so ever is going to sit around and get trolled all day.. Or read through countless pointless posts, and ramblings.. You got nothing to worry about..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well maybe if you wanted to you could start slowly posting as if you're had a change of heart and now you're just following msm. That way if someone reads your post you'll appear as if you're not thinking outside the box anymore. That your back to being an automaton.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
It's not like ATS is one of the chan's .. And even then It is highly unlikely anyone with any kind of "authority" what so ever is going to sit around and get trolled all day.. Or read through countless pointless posts, and ramblings.. You got nothing to worry about..

How do I speak with this mystery person Mr Chan? lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join