Lauryn Hill turns down Oprah Winfrey interview request

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In the lengthy post, the singer claimed she removed herself and her family from society and went "underground" to protect them from various, unidentified "threats," insisting she had to use her "resources" to "sustain our safety and survival" during a "period of crisis."


tv.msn.com...




posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1
 


She believes in the Illuminati, its in her song lyrics and everything, some celebs actually have tried using their status to wake up the masses.. 2 Pac rings a bell..

As Ali G would say - RESPECTA!

edit on 22-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)


Your stinkin' resolution
Is no type of solution
Preventin' me from freedom
Maintainin' your pollution
I won't support your lie no more
I won't even try no more
If I have to die, oh Lord

You thought I'd stay here hurtin'
Your guilt trip's just not workin'
Repressin' me to death
Cause now I'm choosin' life, yo
I take the sacrifice, yo
If everything must go, then go
That's how I choose to live

No more compromises
I see past your disguises
Blindin' through mind control
Stealin' my eternal soul
Appealin' through material
To keep me as your slave

Oh, I get out of all your boxes
I get out
Oh, you can't hold me in these chains
I'll get out
Oh, I want out of social bondage
Knowin' my condition
Oh, is the reason I must change

To keep me in this box
Psychological locks
Repressin' true expression
Cementin' this repression
Promotin' mass deception
So that no one can be healed
I don't respect your system
I won't protect your system

Oh, you've had everyone believed
That you're the sole authority
Just follow the majority
Afraid to face reality
The system is a joke

edit on 22-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Lauryn Hill is a soul/hip-hop legend. She has always been politically/religiously fueled, per her and her families reclusiveness to the media.
I've read posts and threads about Oprah's possible ties with the MSM "wizards", and wanted to know bwhat your thoughts were on Hill turning down Oprah. Personally, I applaud her greatly.



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Any link to her lengthy blog post?

I'd have to say Oprah is one of those MSM Darlings because TPTB let her be that. I see no skill in what she does/did, several talk show hosts do the same. What made her different more appealing was that she was a minority and could connect another audience. That's what she has done and did it ever so well. I applaud her for becoming a billionaire but she does nothing special.

Lauryn Hill has always been private and I like that...
Killuminati.



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1
 


We'll I've heard around that Oprahs been corrupted, and if Lauren believes it, I do.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Saw Lauryn Hill at the LA rising concert last year.

The whole thing was bands like MUSE, Rage Against the machine, and Lauryn Hill was there as well.

All very politically active Bands and singers, it was very good.

Message was much like what in many of these bands Lyrics.

I beleive the blog post can be found here

Ms. Lauryn Hill


“For the past several years, I have remained what others would consider underground. I did this in order to build a community of people, like-minded in their desire for freedom and the right to pursue their goals and lives without being manipulated and controlled by a media protected military industrial complex with a completely different agenda. Having put the lives and needs of other people before my own for multiple years, and having made hundreds of millions of dollars for certain institutions, under complex and sometimes severe circumstances, I began to require growth and more equitable treatment
edit on 22-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have no love for racists, I do not care what ethnicity they are…



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
I have no love for racists, I do not care what ethnicity they are…



n 1996, a caller on The Howard Stern Show mentioned that he heard Lauryn Hill state on MTV "I would rather have my family starve than have white people buy my albums".[22] MTV publicly disclaimed the quotation, and after a discussion on The Howard Stern Show, May 21, 1996, Hill herself (with Wycleaf Jean) called in from Norway to refute the rumor, stating "How can I possibly be a racist? My music is universal music. And I believe in God. If I believe in God, then I have to love all of God's creations. There can be no segregation".[22][23] She also told Teen People magazine "There's absolutely nothing racist about anything in my heart".[22] In a later interview with MTV, Hill stated "Everybody has to be really careful on what they read and hear. Because of what some radio personality chose to say, he had a bunch of people believing something that they never actually seen or heard themselves, but just heard a rumor."[23] As this rumor would continue through the press, Hill would repeatedly assert in later interviews that this accusation was false, that she never made such statements, would never make such statements, and that she is in no way racist.


WIKI

Hearsay.



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
I have no love for racists, I do not care what ethnicity they are…



funny when you speak out against the system these types of accusations start getting thrown around...



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
I have no love for racists, I do not care what ethnicity they are…


Er... who is a racist?


All that Lauryn Hill babies dying was pure BS

www.snopes.com...



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I always thought it was funny that "HARPO" is Oprah backwards and the "OWN" network is NWO backwards...

I always thought of Oprah as less than impressive honestly. She made he empire off the interviewing of people who were truly talented/gifted etc...she herself doesn't have any admirable qualities as far as I'm concerned.

I mean she will sit there and spew how the material world doesn't matter and charity is important yet she lives in a mansion big enough to house several families...her whole world is riddled with Hippocracy and due to that I just can't take her seriously...and It appears neither can Lauryn Hill...



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Guys you cannot thwart one logical fallacy with other logical fallacies…



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I always thought it was funny that "HARPO" is Oprah backwards and the "OWN" network is NWO backwards...

I always thought of Oprah as less than impressive honestly. She made he empire off the interviewing of people who were truly talented/gifted etc...she herself doesn't have any admirable qualities as far as I'm concerned.

I mean she will sit there and spew how the material world doesn't matter and charity is important yet she lives in a mansion big enough to house several families...her whole world is riddled with Hippocracy and due to that I just can't take her seriously...and It appears neither can Lauryn Hill...


I fakely puke in my mouth everytime I see a video of Oprah and Obama raising their hands to a campaign crowd in 2008.



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Guys you cannot thwart one logical fallacy with other logical fallacies…


But can you logically thwart an illogical fallacy with an illogical fallcy that has been illogically thwarted?

#noideawhatthatmeans
edit on 22-8-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
Any link to her lengthy blog post?

I'd have to say Oprah is one of those MSM Darlings because TPTB let her be that. I see no skill in what she does/did, several talk show hosts do the same. What made her different more appealing was that she was a minority and could connect another audience. That's what she has done and did it ever so well. I applaud her for becoming a billionaire but she does nothing special.

Lauryn Hill has always been private and I like that...
Killuminati.


I have to agree that Oprah is nothing special in her field.

To be honest , the only reason she is still on the air is that she took the advice given to her, and became the producer of her own show, and she had the black audience to support her ratings.

She now fancies herself a spiritual guru, and it is quite nauseating to listen to her ramble on about her "enlightened" spiritual self.

I'm happy to hear Lauryn Hill won't have anything to do with the her show.



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oprah is pointless anyway.....

She is just there to make money for the herself and the networks.....

She is no good at interviews.....

She has no depth in anything she does.....

Just a shallow being with no care for whoever she has sitting before her....

Just ask the basic questions and all the thick people of the world love her for it.....

Load of cobblers......



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear
 





She is no good at interviews.....


You got that right.

She cut off John Kennedy Jr at least 6 times during one of her interviews with him.

I was appalled, and John Kennedy Jr. would just shut up, and let her talk...and talk...and talk..as she answered her own questions.

I bet her staff was appalled as well.

edit on 22-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Oprah is one of the most successful woman in the world, i dont get how another female can slander her show.... And lauryn hill is a paranoid crack head she does not deserve to be on Oprahs show. She fell off years ago



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by davethebear
 





She is no good at interviews.....


You got that right.

She cut off John Kennedy Jr at least 6 times during one of her interviews with him.

I was appalled, and John Kennedy Jr. would just shut up, and let her talk...and talk...and talk..as she answered her own questions.

I bet her staff was appalled as well.

edit on 22-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)


Liiiiike you guys could do better.....



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Oprah is one of the most successful woman in the world, i dont get how another female can slander her show.... And lauryn hill is a paranoid crack head she does not deserve to be on Oprahs show. She fell off years ago


What?.. we are supposed to bow to her because she has monetary success?

I have no respect for the woman ,and I think she is lousy at interviewing.

You call it slandering, I call it having an opinion.





new topics
top topics
 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join