It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Weighs in on the GOP National Convention!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Dreine
I think God has bigger things on his mind than Republican/Democrat.

Besides, America really doesn't care what God thinks anymore, why would he even bother with sending a hurricane? The world has turned its back on God, so he has more than likely done the same with the Earth.

god turned his back on the people...take a look at the millions that have died in africa due to weather, disease, lack of food and water, over the last few decades

On the other hand, Romney gets nomination... Mormon prophecy come true?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes...Political Madness is the right place for this

"Newsroom" on HBO..

“I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure and not by gay marriage."

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
Because the GOP is having the big gay ball in the area, that storm is now "the fist of God's wrath 'n' stuff!".

Tampa Strip Clubs prepare for Republican National Convention

New and improved seating is being installed. Special discreet suites are being improved at such joints as Tampa Gold Club, Alibi and Scores Gentlemen's Club and Steakhouse,

www.tampabay.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtectedWitness

Originally posted by tkwasny

Originally posted by ProtectedWitness
Well, God's probably an idiot anyways since his creations have so many flaws. So if he is sending a hurricane because he is against the GOP, well, I will do the opposite of God and side with the GOP.

Do we humans mettle in the affairs of ants or plankton? Why would infinite Mind tinker with humanity, good or bad. Massive, massive ego to think God is responsible for our decisions or the random chaos the Universe offers in choices for us to make..

Your reading comprehension needs improvement. I didn't say anything about God being responsible for our decisions or random chaos.

What I am saying is that God makes a shoddy product. And I think the Japanese can probably do better. Therefore, I look at what God wants, and do the exact opposite.

God wants? God makes things? Did God tell you this? Just because there are old books does not mean they contain accurate information.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
More examples...

By their own logic, Republicans and their conservative allies should be concerned that Isaac is a form of divine retribution.

Last year, Rep. Michele Bachmann, then a Republican presidential candidate, said that the East Coast earthquake and Hurricane Irene — another “I” storm, but not an Old Testament one — were attempts by God “to get the attention of the politicians.”

Glenn Beck said last year that the Japanese earthquake and tsunami were God’s “message being sent” to that country.

A year earlier, Christian broadcaster and former GOP presidential candidate Pat Robertson tied the Haitian earthquake to that country’s “pact to the devil.”

Previously, Robertson had argued that Hurricane Katrina was God’s punishment for abortion,

while the Rev. John Hagee said the storm was God’s way of punishing homosexuality.

The late Jerry Falwell thought that God allowed the Sept. 11 attacks as retribution for feminists and the ACLU.

www.washingtonpost.com... ml?hpid=z2

Just sayin.........

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Lord knows it is true that if this was the Democratic Convention, in right wing Christian churches around the nation you'd hear "pastors" saying this was indeed God making a statement. That's a certain as the sun rising in the east.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Just wait until the DNC convention.

Clear blue skies.

We all know the sun shines on the righteous.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Wow!!! Just WOW!!!! Just how low can you Dems and Repubs get???? Do you guys really think we can help this country with so much hatred and animosity over two corrupt political parties?

Good luck with that, and keep on spreading the hatred that helps prevent this country from ever having a chance of getting better!!!

Your intent of being a hateful cheerleader to two equally hateful and separatist parties just goes to show how the division that our government has created is working to a T!!!

I hope you are all proud of your ignorance and intolerance!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the OP was simply taking the opportunity to have a little fun at the expense of some rather crazy historical quotes given to us by some wackos in the past.

Nothing more or less, really.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the OP was simply taking the opportunity to have a little fun at the expense of some rather crazy historical quotes given to us by some wackos in the past.

Perhaps you are right! All I have to say is, that if one of them is so much better than the other, then why don't they prove it by stopping the childishness of "well they did or said this so, so can we!".

Don't you think that if one of the parties could grow up and stop acting like children that perhaps we could make some positive changes in this country versus this kind of childish behavior?

We like to say we are adults, but yet when it comes to politics I guess it is acceptable to act like spoiled children?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I agree, and I posted my dismay with our two party political system in another thread earlier today.

We are divided, we are beginning to genuinely hate one another, when all the while the real problems and issues of our day fall to the wayside while we argue over Chick-Fil-A, abortion, and 'chains'.

Really? Are we that naive?

I would appear that yes, yes we are.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Indigo5

Wow!!! Just WOW!!!! Just how low can you Dems and Repubs get???? Do you guys really think we can help this country with so much hatred and animosity over two corrupt political parties?

Good luck with that, and keep on spreading the hatred that helps prevent this country from ever having a chance of getting better!!!

Your intent of being a hateful cheerleader to two equally hateful and separatist parties just goes to show how the division that our government has created is working to a T!!!

I hope you are all proud of your ignorance and intolerance!

Dude, I don't think anyone on this thread is being serious (well, except for you). I mean this thread was going to be made by someone, so at least it's lighthearted at its core and not serious....except for you.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Dreine

Perhaps you are right! All I have to say is, that if one of them is so much better than the other, then why don't they prove it by stopping the childishness of "well they did or said this so, so can we!".

If you read my posts on this thread, you would see that the aim was humor...

And the difference is that I was looking for a laugh amidst a political season that leans toward scary...whilst the folks I qouted like Bachmann, Beck, Robertson etc.....were "Godly" serious.

You might lighten up a little?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Sure it is hurricane season and the risk of a strike is present anywhere on the gulf coast, the fact is Tampa has taken a direct hit from a major hurricane in about 100 years. Maybe this year will be it, right now the forecast calls for a minimal hurricane but the temperatures are close or above 30*C in the GoM near Tampa which is ample heat for a storm to rapidly intensify given the right atmosphere conditions.

I'd say a direct hit from a major hurricane during the GOP convention can be looked as a sign from God.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Poll: Surging partisanship among American voters

(CBS News) When it comes to political ideology, Americans are more divided than at any point in the last 25 years, according to a new survey from the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

www.cbsnews.com...

IMO opinion there are two forces at play...(1) Politics of division (Gay Marriage was Karl Rove's stroke of genius) and (2) Unprecedented difficult economic times...which is fertile ground for exploiting the public via politics of division.

I think it will lessen in the next 5 years assuming some political stability and economic recovery.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Oh that's rich! If it's a tsunami in Japan it's gotta be HAARP trying to irradiate us all, but the RNC Convention, it must be God trying to destroy the evil GOP.

Hilarious, what a hoot.

On the other hand, it does seem a bit directed right smack at Tampa. maybe it is HAARP after all.

Looks like Paulite beat me to the idea

www.dailypaul.com...

www.tampabay.com...

edit on 23-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Everyone is so ego-centric in their responses. History will always repeat itself, until man finally understands the ultimate lessons....Amen To This: "Instead of God Always Being On Their Pathetic Side, Why Don't They Be On God's Side."

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Unless HAARP was on their side.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Unless HAARP was on their side.

On who's side? Who would use HAARP to ruin the convention?

<< 1   >>

join