It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Weighs in on the GOP National Convention!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Tropical storm 'Isaac' update: On track for South Florida

As concern grows about Isaac, a tropical storm that could hit Florida during the Republican National Convention in Tampa next week, the host city’s mayor on Wednesday sought to reassure those with a stake in the event but said that if weather forces a cancellation, so be it.

www.politico.com...

But with an estimated 15,000 journalists preparing to fly to Tampa, Florida next week for the Republican National Convention, the big story is likely to be the Biblically-named storm's possible crashing of Mitt Romney's nomination party. According to this projected path by the NOAA, Isaac could hit the Tampa area early next week, just as the convention gets into full swing.

Link Here

Tropical Storm Isaac is a concern as GOP convention nears

Just a refresher course...

HAITI EARTHQUAKE?
Pat Robertson: Haiti "Cursed" After "Pact to the Devil"

KATRINA?
Religious conservatives claim Katrina was God's omen, punishment
mediamatters.org...

On September 18, 2006, Pastor John Hagee — whose endorsement Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) said this past Sunday he was “glad to have” — told NPR’s Terry Gross that “Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans.” “New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God,” Hagee said, because “there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came.”

thinkprogress.org...

So how about?? Biblicly named hurricaine arriving smack-dab at the GOP convention? God giving his opinion of the Romney/Ryan ticket and the GOP et al ???
edit on 22-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A hurricane in Florida? you don't say, it must be a miracle...

eta Hurricane season is June 1 to November 30, so it really must be a miracle with it happening during the time every other hurricane always hits Florida.
edit on 22-8-2012 by benrl because: Hurricane season.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think God has bigger things on his mind than Republican/Democrat.

Besides, America really doesn't care what God thinks anymore, why would he even bother with sending a hurricane? The world has turned its back on God, so he has more than likely done the same with the Earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Seeing how the GOP are such good Christians God will part the storm like the dead sea and keep his followers safe. I forgot Romney is a Mormon now may be a good time to get the hell out of Tampa.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, God's probably an idiot anyways since his creations have so many flaws. So if he is sending a hurricane because he is against the GOP, well, I will do the opposite of God and side with the GOP.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtectedWitness
Well, God's probably an idiot anyways since his creations have so many flaws. So if he is sending a hurricane because he is against the GOP, well, I will do the opposite of God and side with the GOP.

That is my favorite response so far! Someone so committed and partisan, that if God isn’t GOP…then ef em!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's hard to imagine the thought process that brings you to this conclusion.

A storm, named according to the naming chart for 2012 tropical storms which happens to be Biblical, is approaching an area that has tropical storms during this time of year.

Because the GOP is having the big gay ball in the area, that storm is now "the fist of God's wrath 'n' stuff!".

How about it's just a storm. Naturally occurring (maybe a little climate change push, granted).

Storms happen.

link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Seeing how the GOP are such good Christians God will part the storm like the dead sea and keep his followers safe. I forgot Romney is a Mormon now may be a good time to get the hell out of Tampa.

Hurricaine Isaac..

The origin of the name "Isaac", "He laughs/He will laugh"...

link   

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

someone already posted on this earlier.
and i posted in that post.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
No worries... its just Tropical Storm Paul.

edit on 8/22/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

link   

Do we humans mettle in the affairs of ants or plankton? Why would infinite Mind tinker with humanity, good or bad. Massive, massive ego to think God is responsible for our decisions or the random chaos the Universe offers in choices for us to make..

link   

Originally posted by benrl
A hurricane in Florida? you don't say, it must be a miracle...

eta Hurricane season is June 1 to November 30, so it really must be a miracle with it happening during the time every other hurricane always hits Florida.
edit on 22-8-2012 by benrl because: Hurricane season.

And this would be the first hurricaine of the season
Timing?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Missed that...Link?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm glad to see this is in Political Madness. It belongs here. But it's funny as hell!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Huh, and there was me thinking it was only brown people who lived in countries filled with a fervor of religious fanaticism, weird eh.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
It's hard to imagine the thought process that brings you to this conclusion.

How about it's just a storm. Naturally occurring (maybe a little climate change push, granted).

Storms happen.

You have to have a sense of humor if you are going to follow US politics

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Do we humans mettle in the affairs of ants or plankton? Why would infinite Mind tinker with humanity, good or bad. Massive, massive ego to think God is responsible for our decisions or the random chaos the Universe offers in choices for us to make..

Your reading comprehension needs improvement. I didn't say anything about God being responsible for our decisions or random chaos.

What I am saying is that God makes a shoddy product. And I think the Japanese can probably do better. Therefore, I look at what God wants, and do the exact opposite.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

On the other hand, the Mormon religion is teaching us that the original Jaredites traveled from Israel to North America in home-made submarines. Maybe Romney travels with a light-weight version just for such eventuality.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
I think God has bigger things on his mind than Republican/Democrat.

Besides, America really doesn't care what God thinks anymore, why would he even bother with sending a hurricane? The world has turned its back on God, so he has more than likely done the same with the Earth.

god turned his back on the people...take a look at the millions that have died in africa due to weather, disease, lack of food and water, over the last few decades

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join