It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back Up & Back Off!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I think a lot of them don't understand anything outside America yet feel they are qualified to spout nonsense on subjects they know nothing of.The houses going to foreigner's seems to be a common theme across Britian judging by comments from members all across the U.K.
Yet certain 'American idiots' know best.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by denver22

Saweet
I'll be spending next summer in Portsmouth then! aha.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Course you can) ill show you around get your feet firmly back on the straight and narrow
Away from midlands.Down sunny south coast of england.

Pub on every road- plenty of bar work lol.

Well my 2 years off bar experience will come in handy then!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by Sinny

I think a lot of them don't understand anything outside America yet feel they are qualified to spout nonsense on subjects they know nothing of.The houses going to foreigner's seems to be a common theme across Britian judging by comments from members all across the U.K.

One of my favorites:

aha.

Tell me about it, I don't comment on the America/Mexico threads

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Sinny

How else could "Eww Catholics" be interpreted? Is there a place on earth where Eww is a positive thing?

I have had my share of battles here, and rarely do I start them. I don't know if I start them when I make a comment that is meant merely as conversation, but then someone gets under my skin with replies like:

1. Don't reply if you don't read the entire post.
2. Don't reply if you don't click on the link.
3. Critical thinking is not your best suit (usually said by someone with an I.Q. of 70).

There are many more comments that get me going, ones that I can't let go of if they catch me in the wrong mood.

That's what I thought...

Well ,he's got the benefit of the doubt this time, not something I often do lol

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
OMG i definitely hear you! certent posts or arrogant hatefull coments MAKE ME RAGE!

but i tell my self it is bound to happen whith a site this big
i would actuly plan on it happening again that way you got some good response

lol that wont get you banned

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

@ Sublime, I had that beer for you!

Dedicated to Sinnys diary................

How I feel when I read your posts lately (joking of course
)

Absolute truth is absolutely true............

How I feel about ATS threads sometimes when I am home off the ship................

So............

Seriously though, this is what Sinny is trying to say here in this thread.............

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Aha!Awesome post Sublime!

I tend to live by the first and last piks

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Originally posted by glen200376
reply to post by Sinny

One of my favorites:

aha.

Tell me about it, I don't comment on the America/Mexico threads

Seems like almost every thread there will be some narcissistic European posting a comment bashing America or the American people even when the OP's thread has nothing to do with the United States.

I read all the negative comments she recieved in her post and they arent from here, the slang they used isnt anything we say in the US, most of it sounds like something a Brit would say

I hope people dont base their oppinions of Europeans from the some of the arrogant Brits on ATS. I know most of you are wonderful people, I served with some great Brittish troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and they were well mannered and very kind. maybe the best and brightest of the people in the UK are your troops, Idk

people on here seem to go out their way to belittle people, and make uncalled for assumptions or judgements...

^^^Seems like you are guilty of the same^^^

Usaully not a good idea to make a long Rant about how people on ATS jump to conclusions, make assumptions and judgements of people. Then do the same thing by posting a video about stupid Americans in reply of a comment making a "assumptions and belittling" of a group of people(Americans).

When you do that it sorta takes the sincerity out of your thread

But im just a 'American idiot' so what to do I know

Now on another note, I really wish things turn around for you, I've been through some hard times and still am.I lost everything twice by two seperate hurricanes, Ater starting over again from nothing and then a hurrican took it away again I just wanted to give up and actually considerd just ending it all. So I can feel where you're coming from. All I can say is work hard for what you want and never give up hope, sometimes hope is all we have left. Stay Safe
edit on 22-8-2012 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Sorry things are rough for you right now - hoping they turn around real soon. But, in the meantime, don't let the anonymous crazies on the internet get to you - you'll never know the real story of where they're coming from so why care? Try to keep this in mind --

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

I think you should read the original thread she refers to.A Brit would have known what jobseekers allowance is for example.
edit to add:Green Day are American and you have the choice whether to be an American Idiot or not.Are you telling me they don't exist?
edit on 23/8/2012 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

Glen makes a good observation, Europeans and Brits know what Jobseekers is lol.

Also, My Video of American Idiot, was to LIGHTEN THE MOOD, AND IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS.

So looks like your guilty of what my rant was about, ha.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Sinny,

I think you are pretty cool. I'm always happy to see you posting here on ATS. Thanks for showing us your 'human' side, so to speak.

I worked with homeless youths for a couple of years and it was a real eye opener for me. I was raised white middle class and did not have a clue about how nasty things could be out there for those damaged by family or society.

My reply to your rant would be this :-

Internet forums will always be a breeding ground for those who are too gutless or weak to speak their truth or expose their hearts. Don't take it personally. Don't respond to idiots. There are a lot of good souls who frequent this site. Going by the number of friends you have, you probably already know this.

Good luck finding permenant housing. I know if I was in this situation, I would be very pissed off and enjoying a pint or two to cope with the stress.

Peace Out

* Ned

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Too bad charisma isn't worth money, because you'd be rolling in it.

I'll agree, people shoot their mouth off without thinking first. Or fact checking.

Nice rant, big fan. Keep your chin up!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the lovely comments every one, By the way Guy (2) just viewed this thread and gave me a heart felt apology

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
1. lieing is a way of life and you can't get anywhere in the world if you don't lie. People may respect you, but if you tell an honest opinion with which the boss doesn't like, you won't get that job.

Anotyher good example is when an unpopular guy asks a girl out on a date. The girl doesn't like him. Instead of telling the truth why she doesn't like him, many will try to let the guy down easily. If you tell a guy something like "I'm not going to date you because you're a retard and you have deformed teeth" well something like that will be very hurtful, and some guys will react violently to that.

So that's why honesty is of no real value.

2. Stealing is a way of life. You also really can't get anywhere if you don't steal occasionally. Honesty and integrity is really of no real value in this country, despite claims to the contrary. The greatest example is the government, they steal and take whatever they can because they have the might on their side. They just say don't steal because they don't want the competition.

I'm not touching number three. But keep in mind there are people out there who truly have a fondness for older people. Sometimes it's the younger ones who pursue the matter.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

White lies are an exception, but only if you can be sure no harm will come, also, I don't feel too bad about robbing from corporate giants, so thats an exception,

I gues you can add "Morally" to those 2.

As for the third one, If its legal its legal, if its not, its not.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
A white lie is still a lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join