Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Back Up & Back Off!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
ETA: I know this is long, Its more for my self than you guys, I don't have a diary handy lol. Also the EX quotes should be internal, but forget that

Gar.

Thought I would make this rant because certain members on ATS like to jump the gun and open their metaphorical mouths before even thinking first. Like the whole aim is just to personally attack, for attacks sake.

I personally cannot STAND those kinds of posts, now, accidents and misinterpretations happen occasionally.. I'm not usually guilty of that, but as it so goes, I was two days ago,

A fellow member said "Eww Catholics" and I took that "Eww" as "Eww yuk!", because that is the sense in which I use the term. I told that member I would like to see him present that comment to my family (All Irish Roman Catholics), when he informed me he didn't mean it in that sense at all.. My bad!! I promptly replied with an apology, which I hope he has viewed, If not, he's got a nice inbox from me too

So yea, accidents happen, but In certain other cases, people on here seem to go out their way to belittle people, and make uncalled for assumptions or judgements... An example would be calling somebody a liar, when you DO NOT have the correct facts to even make that judgment..

This threads personal to me, as anyone familiar with me and my posting knows, I cant stand,

1)Liars
2)Thieves
3)Kiddy Fiddlers

They are the golden rules with which I was raised with, and I absolutely detest being called a liar..
I don't get attacked very often, I generally find the ATS community a nice one, but it does happen, maybe once a fortnight?

The first time it happened to me, I wasn't sure how to react, so I said what I would say in a non-digital world, I got post banned! aha.
I am a REAL person, with REAL feelings, and I expect to be spoken to online, how you would speak to my face..

Anyway, this time I thought, how can I get my point across?
I thought I would make an example, a public one, I know ATS don't like us to use name names, so I shall not, but here as follows on a thread discussing the housing crisis in the UK:

Me:

I turn 21 at the end of the month, I've been registered homeless since 16.. I've got jack squat! aha. Never mind the Polish, here's something I always ask people... Have you seen a homeless Asian lately? probably not as relevant up in Scots Land, but in Brum, that's a key observation! lol

Me:

When you register as homeless, it literally means homeless! Of course since the age of 16, I've been between my moms, family and friends, I've always worked, but earn maybe 40% of what I actually need to get my own place.. YOU CANT TELL THE COUNCIL you've have a sofa to kip on, because you 6 YEAR WAIT will TURN INTO A LIFE LONG WAIT. So, In my case, I'm never to far from somewhere warm to kip, but that's only because I have BRILLIANT friends. BUT NO OF THOSE PLACES ARE PERMANENT. My mom kicks me out every 6 months because shes a depressive alchy, my family litterally can only offer the sofa for short periods of time as with friends. I need council help, that WON'T come, a PAY RISE, THAT WONT COME, or a room mate, but no one can afford it! lol.. Im LUCKY, there are many people with no sofas to kip on.

Me:

Well, IMO, the flaws in today's society are so OBVIOUS (me or you could run the country better) that the flaws are being implemented on purpose... This can be seen in many aspects, such as the great JOB SCANDAL.. I work at the chamber of commerce doing the "Back to work program" for the Job Center. The government are in cahoots with employers to NOT HIRE people, but to USE FREE LABOR. Honestly. Makes one wonder.. why? Humph.

Somebody else (1) in reply to me:

My comments are not aimed at the OP. To all you lazy whinging hunts GO & GET A JOB! IF there isn't one where you live move! If you haven't got the skills RETRAIN! Always whinging on about what the council wont give you & blamming it on forieners that you haven't got anything; place to live, job etc etc etc! You lazy hunts wont clean a toilet but they will. You're too good to do a menial job right? What have any of you got to offer society or an employer? Educated? Trained? Pillar of the community? WHAT? Suk you lot I'm fed up of paying for your lazy begging arses. Stop blaming others, grow up & take responsibility for yourselves like the rest of us. You're owed nothing by anyone. Pay for yourselves & stop expecting when you haven't contributed. Whinging lazy begging hunts! Harsh I know but the truth hurts.

Somebody else (2) In reply to me:

So you are: 21 couch surfing for 5 years now. posting on an internet forum the whole day over and then have the guts to make a picture where you look totally fresh with makeup and nice clothes, sipping at a glas of beer. I believe nothing you tell me. Either you are lying about being homeless and all that stuff or you´re doing pretty well being homeless and sucking money out of others purses. Guess what the difference between you and ALS is to me? He´s working his arse off to provide his family (two extra people, keep in mind!) a home and you lazy type of human have the guts to present yourself like this. In the time you are here on ATS, you could work the other 60% that you are talking about missing. Then you could finally afford your own life. Instead of that crap I wrote above. ALS, I´m holding my thumbs for you and your family to find a aceptable home for you three. Keep your head up

I have the GUTS to post my picture with a pint?! aha.

Somebody else (3) who tried defending me, but also got a little muddled
:

Did you even read Sinny's posts?She has to work for her job seekers allowance.Would you work full time for under seventy quid a week?Doesn't being homeless not mean you don't have a home?She goes to friends and family to sleep on their settees.(sofa surfing).I know your type-I'm all right jack.

Somebody else (2) who still doesn't have his facts right:

Okay I´ve overread that. But what was she doing before? I´m not the type you try to push me in. BTW, whats a job seeker allowance? A allowance to seek a job??? So you are allowed to go to the job center and search for a job? Sounds like paperwork

Somebody else (2) Still ranting about me, with the wrong facts:

Ok, thats really not much. But you have to think about two things. I mean, a 21 year old pretty girl should find some job in service at least if she can count money (no offend!) if she´s searching for 5 years now. Second, I don´t know what her qualifications are. apprenticeship? finished school? If not, own fault. Its just unbelievable to me that one says she cannot earn enough while sitting the whole day on ATS.

Me: To close:

Glen thanks for trying to defend me, but it looks like we're lost in translation here.... He's referring to me NOT having a job, when its clearly stated I WORK for the Chamber Of Commerce, actually RUNNING the "Back to work program" for the government I'M NOT ON JOBSEEKERS, I've just had to make a number of replies, because I didn't realise how many times he actually mentioned me..

I hate being being spoken about, especially by judgmental nobodies, who get their facts wrong, hiding behind the computer.. Moral of the story, address me how you would in real life. End of rant.

Somebody else who feels similar: www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=14822253#pid14822253
edit on 22-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

nice rant..
hope it has made you feel better.

I didn't read any of those threads but I wanted to say one thing.

I think we have different definitions of homeless. When I was homeless I ate at the back of mexican restaurants and slept in the woods.. These guys didn't even speak english, but they showed me which gas station to wait at for work haha. That's homeless.

just poking at you. All in good fun.

A lil mini rant from me. Feels good..

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yea I now what you mean, there's homeless in the sense I'm using the term (It really is awful trying to build a life when I have to keep moving every 2 weeks) and then there's *Homeless* on the streets...

Guy 2 in particular exasperated me, he didn't have a clue what he was talking about, "Job seekers? Sounds like paper work to me!" LOL.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I enjoy your post, and its a shame that people feel the need to attack personally, instead of say discussing the issues.

Its easier for people to attack the messenger instead of the message, it means they don't have to come up with a counter point to you.

its part of the whole Dis-info/ shill thing.

Personally, I take everything people say here with a grain of salt, I know who I am, and nothing anyone on the internet can say will change that.

Don't let the personal attacks get you down, you know your a good hard working person, that's all that ever matters.

ETA:

I personally have two friends crashing on my couch, one is working and homeless (not making enough to live on his own) the other I have watched go out everyday for the past year looking for work and not finding it.

Its tough out there all around and people are struggling through no fault of their own.
edit on 22-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Indeed, every bodies in the same boat!

Thanks for the reply, Love your text under your username by the way

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by benrl

Indeed, every bodies in the same boat!

Thanks for the reply, Love your text under your username by the way

Thomas Jefferson quote, Americas founders had some good ideas, to bad we squandered it all.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, if you can make it to the states I have a couch your welcome to call home.
Did I mention I love Irish women?
edit on 22-8-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

If my girlfriend hadn't found the job she is working at now I would be homeless again haha. I've been out of work for about a year. I've just moved into a new place in a bigger city so hopefully I have better luck finding ANYTHING

good luck to you too.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sinny, I hear you... There are waaaay too many horrible, judgementary people on ATS...

I'm so scared of the sharks here that I'm reluctant to even start a thread, even though I think I could contribute quite well...

What's that saying, ''never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes''... Some members need to repeat this to themselves before replying I reckon...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

Agreed! I'd love to see some threads from your self, I hope you do one day

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Could you please elaborate as to what a "Kiddly Fiddler" is?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Sorry mate - can't even bring myself to type it out here - it is the lowest of the low.

link...

Sinny - good thread girl - S&F
(see - told you about that beer didn't I - mmmmmm beer
)
edit on 22-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: mmmmmmm beer

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
Well, if you can make it to the states I have a couch your welcome to call home.
Did I mention I love Irish women?
edit on 22-8-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

Aha, your the 4th person to kindly offer help, all round the globe! lol

Isn't ATS filled with lovely people to aye

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I would, but ATS all ready removed a thread of mine discussing that topic, in order to "Keep the site family friendly".. Use your imagination..

ETA: Sublime pointed you in the right direction

@ Sublime, I had that beer for you!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

@ Sublime, I had that beer for you!

You can have one for me two , hey im buying

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nearly missed your rant.I like your style.
I just got called a racist by someone in that thread because my avatar says intolerant.He said I said this.Liar,he saw it under my avatar.
edit:he actually thinks intolerant means racist,I kid you not.
edit on 22/8/2012 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

LOL Glen, no one really understands us Brits!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Saweet
I'll be spending next summer in Portsmouth then! aha.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

How else could "Eww Catholics" be interpreted? Is there a place on earth where Eww is a positive thing?

I have had my share of battles here, and rarely do I start them. I don't know if I start them when I make a comment that is meant merely as conversation, but then someone gets under my skin with replies like:

1. Don't reply if you don't read the entire post.
2. Don't reply if you don't click on the link.
3. Critical thinking is not your best suit (usually said by someone with an I.Q. of 70).

There are many more comments that get me going, ones that I can't let go of if they catch me in the wrong mood.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by denver22

Saweet
I'll be spending next summer in Portsmouth then! aha.

Course you can) ill show you around get your feet firmly back on the straight and narrow
Away from midlands.Down sunny south coast of england.

Pub on every road- plenty of bar work lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join