It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assumption: The troubles that stir up when one assumes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sumdumguy
reply to post by LordD

No that would no longer be assumption if I see a wanted poster on the wall that is evidence which i have to go on in saying that they are not good people. I am not assuming that they are bad people I am simply looking at the evidence I have that says they are "bad" people and comparing it to the evidence I have against them being a good person. I have not assumed I have started with a hypothesis and with the evidence I have I shall draw the most logical conclusion that I can at the time until other evidence presents its self. If the person in question walks up to me and shakes my hand and I view him as being no threat I will have balancing evidence. Will I go into the dark alley with him? No because i still have reasonable doubt. but i will not assume he is bad. I always draw upon the evidence that is presented to me before making any ruling. For all I know he could have seen something he wasn't supposed to and the Govt. Fabricated a crime to prevent that information from getting out. You cannot assume one thing you have to consider all options that is not over assuming that is being logical and open minded. You don't form a scientific hypothesis and then jump to the conclusion you have to do tests first in order to determine if your hypothesis is correct and until you are sure beyond a reasonable doubt you cannot state the conclusion.

-Sumdumguy

gotta love those walls of text

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

One of my favorite things would be the assumption that cannabis is bad and should be illegal heh thats my favorite case of one man with an agenda saying its bad and everyone assuming hes right because of his position and it has been upheld ever since. Perpetuating assumption based on fallacies from a lumber agenda.

To LordD. I no longer wish to continue this conversation. I have stated my thoughts and am complete after one last response. I drive everywhere and I carry a gun at all times just in case.

-Sumdumguy

new topics

<< 1   >>

join