It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails? In drought stricken Nebraska.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Hello Ats. My brother is working right now in Prague Nebraska, and he took these two pics. To me they really look like chemtrails. He told me that every time the forecast calls for rain he sees this in the sky right on que. I think this is why we are seeing a historic drought that is causing havoc to crops and livestock across the midwest. He will be taking more pictures when he sees them.

Searing temperatures and drought scorched Eggerling’s land in southeast Nebraska, leaving little grass to feed his 100 cattle. Then Congress left for a five-week break without agreeing on aid to help ranchers through one of the worst droughts in the nation’s history.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ok - twist my arm - i'll go out on a limb - can you say HAARP.
HAARP - could cause a drought purdy much anywhere - chemtrails allow for bending (reflecting) the signal.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here's todays (Aug 22 2012) at-altitude forecast for that area:

www.usairnet.com...

Note that at 34,000 feet it's -52F, easily cold enough for contrails to form.

Predicting rain means there's some moisture. Moisture + cold = contrails.

Also see how fast the winds are. Different air and different weather moves in much faster at altitude than it does at ground level. That's why ground level weather and 30000ft+ weather are not connected. It's also why contrails spread out like they do.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
80% of the country is in a drought

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by KibbleChild
Hello Ats. My brother is working right now in Prague Nebraska, and he took these two pics. To me they really look like chemtrails. He told me that every time the forecast calls for rain he sees this in the sky right on que. I think this is why we are seeing a historic drought that is causing havoc to crops and livestock across the midwest. He will be taking more pictures when he sees them.

Searing temperatures and drought scorched Eggerling’s land in southeast Nebraska, leaving little grass to feed his 100 cattle. Then Congress left for a five-week break without agreeing on aid to help ranchers through one of the worst droughts in the nation’s history.

Yip. Chemtrails, no doubt.

Still people on the ground are so f* blind and closed minded that they
cannot or will not realise the blatant reality of this abominable practice.

An opinion on anyone here who actively takes the time and effort denying
chemtrailing would get me banned, so i won't offer it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

I am exactly the same, except it is voicing my utter disdain at those who are foolish enough into buy into the silly chemtrail hoax that would get me banned.

So that's two of us being extra careful

Needless to say, I reckon the OP's photos look like the familiar old persistent spreading contrails I've known for decades.
edit on 22-8-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Chemtrails are like Big Foot.
The myth never dies.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KibbleChild

Hello from a former Husker!

I don't think those look too sinister considering all of those cloudless days you have in that region any air traffic is going to fill the sky with jet poo.

(Although, they are in curiously parallel lines...)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

And you can tell that how?

Still people on the ground are so f* blind and closed minded that they cannot or will not realise the blatant reality of this abominable practice.

What are we supposed to realise, something that has been happening since the 1920's...

Contrails were first noticed during high-altitude flights in the 1920's. However, interest in contrails really blossomed during WWII when bombers could be sighted from miles away. In fact, numerous WWII veteran accounts tell of problems to aviation due to massive contrail formations. Planes could not find their targets, and sometimes collided with each other. In 1953, a scientist named H. Appleman published a chart that can be used to determine when a jet airplane would or would not produce a contrail.

science-edu.larc.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It may be worth noting that... if that's what you're seeing when they forecast rain, then they should probably stop forecasting rain... because there are NO CLOUDS.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He told me that every time the forecast calls for rain he sees this in the sky right on que.

That is a good observation, and there is a very good reason for that. When a front is approaching, the upper levels of the atmosphere can become more humid before the front arrives. Contrails will persist if the relative humidity is high enough. Weather maps do indeed show a front approaching Nebraska, hence the rain prediction.

You can also check radiosonde measurements, to see if there is indeed high relative humidity which will cause the formation and persistence of contrails if an aircraft flies through it. The most recent readings (1200 UTC or 7am Nebraska time) from North Platte, Nebraska, shows high relative humidity (more than 40%) above 32,000 feet with very cold temperatures. In these conditions, we would expect to see contrail formation, which is not suprising given that frontal systems are approaching. See the following link for the raw data.
North Platte Observations at 12Z 22 Aug 2012.

So there is ample evidence to suggest that contrail formation could be present in Nebraska, which could explain the observation of what appear to be contrails. I hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well.
Im from the area. And the answer is NO. We have only had 3 recordable rains. And all of them were on a dark and gloomy day, so for one, if there were chemtrails, you wouldn't even see them. And for two, whey wouldn't they produce more rain. And three, on a clear day, you see the contrails from the jets leaving DIA heading West. Across the entire sky. No conspiracy here. Unless you want to blame HAARP for the drought itself, but even that would take more than speculation to convince me.

Edit to Add: To add to Curious' post, the humidity has been outrageous the entire year around here. Up until the last two weeks.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

To me they really look like chemtrails

They are just contrails - what makes you think that they look like "chemtrails"?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

I do not deny that chemtrails may exist. What I do deny is that every picture of a contrail is automatically a chemtrail. Feel free to provide your opinion on me over that. It is just your opinion after all, and opinions aren't always correct, especially when they're utterly lacking in a factual or logical basis. Take this for example...

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, if you don't provide any reasoning or evidence to back up your opinion, there is just as much reason to believe someone else who says "Yip, they're dragon farts, no doubt". After all, you can't prove that they're not dragon farts.

What you could do however, is provide evidence showing what the most likely explanation could be, instead of simply accepting someones opinion as fact.

Still people on the ground are so f* blind and closed minded that they
cannot or will not realise the blatant reality of this abominable practice.

I agree that there are a lot of close minded people out there. Some people refuse to learn what a contrail is, but still feel they're qualified to conclusively say that a trail which looks exactly like a contrail isn't one when they have no evidence or reasoning to explain why.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by KibbleChild

i see the Con-Trollers are here to play their mind/word games on you
and implant ignorance, by telling you you are not seeing what you are seeing

"Con-Trollers" eh? That's a new one, talk about word games

But it's much easier to call people names than confront what the say, isn't it? Lets take a look at what you have provided.

here is a link that will be of great assistance to you
and protect you from their ignorance that masks itself
as knowledge Debunking Chemtrail Debunkers The Government's Quisling Shills

You've posted this claiming to protect others from ignorance. Yet it contains one of the most ignorant myths put forth by those believing that every persisting contrail is a chemtrail.

. Instead of the normal kind of contrails, usually accredited to jet aircraft, which stretch for a short distance behind the tail of the jet, and dissipate, as the sun warms and evaporates the ice crystals in the tails, these would stretch, generally, from horizon to horizon.

So , DerepentLestranger, do you deny that cirrus clouds exist? If not, can you explain why ice crystals in cirrus cloud don't "dissipate, as the sun warms and evaporates the ice crystals"? After all, a contrail is basically a man-made cirrus cloud, so why should they behave in a completely different way to natural cirrus cloud? Could it perhaps have something to do with the weather conditions?

and here is a picture worth a thousand words RE your dillema

Notice that the cirrus clouds remain, even if "the sun warms and evaporates the ice crystals"? You just debunked your own link in your own post, unless you care to properly explain yourself.

Do you care to mock me with your knowledge? Or will you just stick to the usual tactic of ignoring any information you don't agree with and move on to the next ignorant claim?
edit on 22/8/12 by Curious and Concerned because: add cirrus pic

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Behold OP:

1-After all, a contrail is basically a man-made cirrus cloud,

2- so why should they behave in a completely different way to natural cirrus cloud?

1- That is so wrong.

2- Uumm....
... dunno...

different Chemical Structure?
and Conditions of Creation, perhaps?

Your Ignorance has been Denied, Curious and Concerned.

NEXT!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Behold OP:

1-After all, a contrail is basically a man-made cirrus cloud,

2- so why should they behave in a completely different way to natural cirrus cloud?

1- That is so wrong.

Contrails or vapor trails are long thin artificial clouds that sometimes form behind aircraft. Their formation is most often triggered by the water vapour in the exhaust of aircraft engines, but can also be triggered by the changes in air pressure in wingtip vortices or in the air over the entire wing surface. Like all clouds, contrails are made of water, in the form of a suspension of billions of liquid droplets or ice crystals.
Contrail
It's really not that hard to do a quick search instead of making an utterly ignorant claim. But hey, that was entirely expected.

2- Uumm....
... dunno...

different Chemical Structure?
and Conditions of Creation, perhaps?

Of course you "dunno" because you've never bothered to find out. Contrails are ice crystals just like cirrus cloud. The fact that you didn't even know this speaks volumes about your ability to deny other peoples ignorance.

Your Ignorance has been Denied, Curious and Concerned.

NEXT!!!

edit on 22/8/12 by Curious and Concerned because: missing / and link

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
AHHH yes,
The arrogance of ignorance,
using wikipedia, which can be edited by anyone with an account, as a source:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

AHHH yes,
The arrogance of ignorance,
using wikipedia, which can be edited by anyone with an account, as a source:

The thing is though, Wikipedia agrees with ALL the books on meteorology that mention contrails, dating back to the 1920s. They all agree that contrails are just a type of cirrus cloud. They all agree that contrails can last for a long time if conditions are right.

So it's not just Wikipedia, it's all of science and history

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join