It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California poised to grant driver's licenses to young illegal immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Let ME be clear: Possessing a state-issued drivers license allows an illegal alien to appear as a legal resident. It opens up all kinds of doors previously closed to them. You can source all the BS you want, but it does not change the reality of what happens on the street.

Have you ever registered to vote? It requires a lot more information than just your drivers license.

I think you are mistakenly believing that an illegal immigrant could just walk into a polling booth on election day, produce their drivers license and then be allowed to vote. There is an entire registration process involved beforehand, which is why in-person voter fraud is practically nonexistant and voter id laws are extraneous.

You're wrong. I just renewed my drivers licence in Texas and I was merely asked if I wanted to register to vote. I said "yes" and it was done. Nothing more was needed. When I voted after that, I didn't even need to show my ID.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

reply to post by Common Good

If the person is a soveriegn citizen they maintain a person does not need a drivers license, insurance or any type of vehicle registration. In general they view those as unconstitutional, a violation of their 10th amendment rights etc etc etc.

If they are not then its possible its a state law issue. In my state a person is required to have a drivers license while operating a motor vehicle. If they dont have their license on them our MDT's in the car can pull the drivers record, including the pictures on the DL to confirm the information given. When we cite an individual for driving without a license its because they have no license at all - no operator status.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
People are forgeting that these people are ILLEGAL ALIENS, therefore here ILLEGALLY!

If an American does something illegally they are treated like scum. But if someone outside the country does something illegal they are treated with praise? And given rights?

Every millisecond that they are here they are committing a crime. I don't see how its so hard to understand.
Sure they are respecting all other laws, but people forget they are still committing a crime?

Some country we have. No wonder its the way it is. Boo!

Ill throw a fit if this becomes possible.

Who is to say that an american can just say that they are illegal and register under a different name to get a drivers license? And become a different person.

You have to provide a birth certificate and social security don't you?
Are they just going to skip that part?

Wow just freaking wow people.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

"Anchor babies" are not the topic of the thread but "Anchor babies" are US citizens so yes they do have a right to vote.

Do you want to strip US citizens of their right to vote?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I wish more states would do the same.

I'd rather have an illegal who took a driving test instead of one who doesn't know how to drive.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I wish more states would do the same.

I'd rather have an illegal who took a driving test instead of one who doesn't know how to drive.

Well I would rather not have ANY illegals at all

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Illegal immigration is a result of capitalism and the ownership of congress by the mega corporations. So until that gets fixed illegals will always be welcomed

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Or how about people get off their couches and do something about it instead of relying on other people to do it for them.

Isn't america ruled by the people? If the people stand up we can stop it.
I guess people don't understand that anymore.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by muse7

Isn't america ruled by the people?

No it isn't

If the people stand up we can stop it.

If only they would.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Well I thought this was a democracy. But everybody gives up that right for the right to vote on american idol.

If only people were so enthusiastic about real life than they are a tv show.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

First time ever registering for an account but I have checked the forums often. Very interesting topics.

I had to register to comment on this topic. I have been in the US Military for 18 years and it has been near impossible for me to renew my drivers license in CA. In fact I just have my license number on a photo copy in my wallet. My wallet got stolen from the gym yers ago with my original drivers license.

Seriously, illegals get better service then armed services in CA. I never plan to return, not just because of this but for many reasons.

Just thought I would share.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

California poised to grant driver's licenses to young illegal immigrants

Is it any wonder that they are broke.
They keep digging themselves deeper and deeper ...
Too bad this state has so many electoral votes in the POTUS election.
They'll drag the rest of the country down the toilet with them ...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shatwell

I am from California and also in the military just much less time lol.
At least someone else agrees how screwed up this state is.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Wait it's Cali we are talking about right? Illegals errywhere, might as well let them do their thing and participate legally AKA Driver's Licenses. I personally have been hit by an "illegal", and offered a computer and 100$ to not call authorities. I promptly accepted since it was a small ding, but point being, LET THEM LEARN TO DRIVE, California streets are dangerous enough....

Way too many pedestrian deaths within 2miles of my house in Cali due to texting drivers/non-experienced drivers

P.S. So much racist in this thing man

edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: The racism, its laughable

edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicker

How is this racist??? Its against what the law is. So can we break any other law just because we abide by all the other ones?

Do not even bring race into this one.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Why can't I? After scrolling up and looking at all the hatred towards people wanting to leave their infected water and corrupted government, I am pretty sure it's fine.

This thread is soooo took our jerbs

DAMNIT THEY TOOK OUR JERB
edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: AWWWWWWW MAN.....THE TOOK HIS DOG, BROKE HIS JAW, COCKADOODLEDOO ETC

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

People are forgeting that these people are ILLEGAL ALIENS, therefore here ILLEGALLY!

We're illegal aliens as well....
our forefathers slaughtered Indians to inherit this land.

Besides this is just one step closer to bringing the NWO to better light.

NAFTA

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce

We're illegal aliens as well....
our forefathers slaughtered Indians to inherit this land.

Besides this is just one step closer to bringing the NWO to better light.

NAFTA

Thank you

And to reiterate on my previous post, did not want to troll but this quote comes to mind

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
Henry David Thoreau

Point being, who are you to judge how other people better their lives?

Put yourself in their shoes, imagine all the judgement they get in the first place, disregarding all the BS smacktalk on the internet.

edit on 8/23/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have nothing against Immigrants, hell, our country was technically created by and built by immigrants. My only issue is this, why should these children of immigrants who came here by illegally crossing our borders rather than taking the time to become legal citizens like the rest of us, be granted even temporary citizenship which would allow them to apply for jobs that we are already in a huge shortage of, drive on our roads that are already extremely over crowded, attend our schools that are also far too over crowded (at least here in southern California), and apply for student aid, welfare, etc.

I do understand that their country is in rough shape and they want to escape it and come here to try for the American Dream, but I just wish they'd take the legal route on this one. All we can do is hope this doesn't cause major problems in the coming years. I disagree with it, but if nothing bad comes of it then I cant really say much other than Im disappointed that all the families that did things the right way to come here had to go through all that trouble, while this group of people will kind of get a free pass.

I am all for any nationality to come and apply for citizenship legally like the rest of us did. I just don't get how this is financially feasible, not to mention it seems to be a slap in the face to the families that did everything by the book to become a legal citizen of our great country. I do feel sorry that these kids were brought here illegally against there will and do suffer because of it, but shouldn't their parents be responsible for the negative outcome of their child's life because of that, not us tax paying citizens who are struggling enough? If they want to go through all the proper channels and become citizens like my family did, and everyone Else's before that, then I am all for it. But this free pass that President Obama is handing out, rather close to election time mind you, seems disrespectful to the families that gave up everything, learned English, payed their dues, and came here legally to start a family the lawful way.

If the parents were willing to jump the border illegally to try to manipulate our country (whether their intentions were good or bad) how can we openly accept them and grant them citizenship if the absolute first thing they did in our country was break a major law. It's just my opinion, I'm a firm believer in equal opportunity, and to me and my family who immigrated from Europe and did everything the lawful way to become a legal citizen here, it seems like a slap in the face.

I really hope this doesn't backfire by harming our already fragile economy here in California.... The job market here is already very minimal. I went from making $30, getting layed off to the economy, to not even being able to get a job at Taco Bell for a year and a half before I found work. That was bustin my butt trying every day. I just dont see what positive effects this can have on the majority of Californian's. It seems to me to only benefit people who are not even citizens, and of course President Obama when time comes for re-election.

edit on 8/23/2012 by BulletsCantSilenceIdeas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Your source does not mention voter registration.

I am a Permanent Resident. I have a Texas drivers license. I can NOT register to vote.

This is just another fear mongering thread.

How exactly do you register to vote? Is your driver's license different than everybody else's? Maybe YOU can't register to vote in Texas but that doesn't mean they use the same standards in California. In fact, I would be willing to bet that they don't. In fact, there are probably a few thousand illegals already on the voter rolls in California, without driver licenses. In many places, all you have to do is show your driver's license in order to register.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join