It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California poised to grant driver's licenses to young illegal immigrants

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Here we go, i am going to throw this back on topic for sure.

I am pretty sure this hasn't been posted on this thread, but this seems like the most important quote from the SOURCE on the OP.

"Deferred Action applies to undocumented immigrants between the ages of 15 and 31, who were brought to America before the age of 16 and have no criminal record. Participants also must be either high school students or graduates who have lived in the United States continuously for five years."

To me, that sounds like cooperation. I commend anyone who has done any of that scuff.

After reading and rereading this....how can you say someone that has spent 5 years of their LIFE in our system is scamming us? C'MON!
edit on 8/25/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Propulsion

Have you called the welfare fraud hotline?
I have called Adams Social Services on numerous occasions about this family of 20, and they more or less treat me like a racist. I have on one occasion gone in to complain about them; it took them 20 minutes to find someone who could speak English. Absolutely ridiculous! They did come out to their home 1 time. They did NOTHING! When they ask about all the people in the home, all they have to say is that they had relatives visiting from out of town.

I have argued with people about the food stamp amount allowed here in Adams County Colorado. When you have 20 people living under the roof of a 4 bedroom home, they manage to find a way to get it. This is how they get $1100.00 in food stamps a month. The illegal Mom tells Social services that she has 7 kids instead of 4, and instead of going out of the way to find proof, they go by hearsay. Many have been busted for doing this, but there are very little resources to follow thru on most of the accusations. The only way they can find out the truth is if they do a paternity test on the Mom and the children. And of course 9 out of 10 times, they will not do so.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicker
Here we go, i am going to throw this back on topic for sure.

I am pretty sure this hasn't been posted on this thread, but this seems like the most important quote from the SOURCE on the OP.

"Deferred Action applies to undocumented immigrants between the ages of 15 and 31, who were brought to America before the age of 16 and have no criminal record. Participants also must be either high school students or graduates who have lived in the United States continuously for five years."

To me, that sounds like cooperation. I commend anyone who has done any of that scuff.

After reading and rereading this....how can you say someone that has spent 5 years of their LIFE in our system is scamming us? C'MON!
edit on 8/25/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

They don't have to be a high school grad, now all they have to do is aply for a GED. Whether they actually follow up with the education is left to be seen.

In any case, these people will be given work permits while millions of citizens are un-employed. These kids are strangers to their own country because their parents chose to come here illegally. They should not be here at all and do not deserve special privaledges. Do we reward the kids of any other law breakers? No of course not. These supposed 'kids' that this act is for includes 'kids' up to 30 years old!

I am sick to death of illegals being catered to at every turn. They are so pissed that we call them 'illegals'. They demand respect while disregarding the laws of this country. Do we call a bank robber 'financially challenged?
They want to be called undocumented immigrants. They ARE documented, but with stolen identifications and fraudulent paperwork. These people pick and choose which laws to follow. If it were you or I, we would pay the consequences.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Propulsion

Have you called the welfare fraud hotline?
I have called Adams Social Services on numerous occasions about this family of 20, and they more or less treat me like a racist. I have on one occasion gone in to complain about them; it took them 20 minutes to find someone who could speak English. Absolutely ridiculous! They did come out to their home 1 time. They did NOTHING! When they ask about all the people in the home, all they have to say is that they had relatives visiting from out of town.

I have argued with people about the food stamp amount allowed here in Adams County Colorado. When you have 20 people living under the roof of a 4 bedroom home, they manage to find a way to get it. This is how they get $1100.00 in food stamps a month. The illegal Mom tells Social services that she has 7 kids instead of 4, and instead of going out of the way to find proof, they go by hearsay. Many have been busted for doing this, but there are very little resources to follow thru on most of the accusations. The only way they can find out the truth is if they do a paternity test on the Mom and the children. And of course 9 out of 10 times, they will not do so.

You learn how to screw the sytem when you get to know illegals. The illegal women I used to work with would lie and say they were a one income household. They recieved free food,cheap housing medical for the kids...Their husbands would work under the table, tax free. Their combined incomes were well over the poverty limit and they had no right taking all those benefits through deciet.

When I asked them why they came here illegally and didn't try for citizenship, they came right out and told me that 'they get a lot more by being illegal.' Also, many had no intentions of staying and just wanted to save as much as they could so they could live well when returning to their countries.They also knew, understood and spoke english but usually blabbed away in spanish all day long. It drove me insane! I felt like I left my own country! Our Africans, Asians and other cultures had the respect to speak english as everyone their understood and could communicate together.

I have seen perfectly qualified people turned away from jobs while illegals took the position instead. The illegal will work for far less and will always get chosen first. Some of the people were paid ten bucks an hour while the legal ones were getting paid 15,oo and more.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Wait, so applying for a GED (not passing it) means you are a High School student or graduate? Can you support some proof of them just needing to apply for the GED to be qualified for Deferred Action?

And yes it applies to people 15-31, but it also says that, "...who were brought to America before the age of 16 and have no criminal record." Do you struggle when it comes to reading? If i was here illegally for 15 years and never got any ding on my criminal record, you would still say i am not abiding by anything?

Blindness is funny

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Take your mouth and lock it. Zip it. Stop it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Wait, so applying for a GED (not passing it) means you are a High School student or graduate? Can you support some proof of them just needing to apply for the GED to be qualified for Deferred Action?

And yes it applies to people 15-31, but it also says that, "...who were brought to America before the age of 16 and have no criminal record." Do you struggle when it comes to reading? If i was here illegally for 15 years and never got any ding on my criminal record, you would still say i am not abiding by anything?

Blindness is funny

Oh, I had read different info from different places. Sorry. Yes, it seems they would need a certificate of proof for their GED.

Though I feel sympathy for these kids who were brought here through no fault of their own, I don't feel it is right to give them an easy way out while so many are coming here through the proper channels. It is a slap in the face to those coming here the right way to have all these kids just jump to the head of the line becuse of their parents bad decision.

Because their parents chose to come here illegally, they put their children in the situation they are in. No one else should have to pay consequences or feel guilty. These kids would not be strangers to their own country had their parents not come here illegally. I would be highly pissed off if I were one of those kids, but I wouldn't expect and demand anything of the country my parents brought me to. Just because I didn't myself commit any crimes, I would never expect another country to change their laws or give me a break. I would see that my parents made a poor decision and there are conseqhences to be paid.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I hope gas goes up a few dollars... $10 a gallon you wont be driving unless you HAVE to

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Man you just agreed that they do not have it easy, then contradicted yourself with a wall of tldr. Coming here illegally and getting a high school diploma....do you realize what that means? Not every high school will just take a student in without full background information. I would know, was expelled from a school system and had to wait 3 months before i found one that didn't care about my background. Also i have seen high schools get a student deported. He was back in 1 month. He is now going to Cal Berkeley and i bet he qualified for this law we are talking about.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Man you just agreed that they do not have it easy, then contradicted yourself with a wall of tldr. Coming here illegally and getting a high school diploma....do you realize what that means? Not every high school will just take a student in without full background information. I would know, was expelled from a school system and had to wait 3 months before i found one that didn't care about my background. Also i have seen high schools get a student deported. He was back in 1 month. He is now going to Cal Berkeley and i bet he qualified for this law we are talking about.

I'm wondering what you think of other countries and their laws against illegal immigration. No other country has taken in as many legal and illegal immigrants. No other country would go out of their way or think twice about even considering the plight of these kids. Is it really fair to put these kids ahead of others who have paid their dues waited their time and never demanded or expected special treatment? What would you say to the person who came through the proper channels? Sorry, but others are more important than you?

If it were me and my kids who came here through the proper chnnels and I saw the children of illegals coming first, it would be a slap in the face. Laws apply to some and not others?

These kids are also fighting to keep their illegal parents here so their families arn't seperated. The parents CHOSE to break the law coming here. Do we reward millions of people for breaking the law?

I have seen too much for too long, known people who have lost their loved ones because of an illegal, lost job opportunities to illegals, known illegals who reap benefits through deciet that they had no right recieving. It is a mess and people on both sides of the fence are relentless in their back and forth arguments. More time and money is wasted with this back and forth crap in and out of courts it's ridiculous.

Either we have laws or we don't. Either we have another mass amnesty or we don't. This back and forth crap for years has to end.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Either we have laws or we don't. Either we have another mass amnesty or we don't. This back and forth crap for years has to end.

You make it sound like you would be fine with amnesty as long as the back and forth stopped. I know you wouldn't be.

Why would you do a 180 on your claim that it is unfair to those who went through the proper channels?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Are we overlooking the fact that this says

California is on the verge of allowing hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants to receive driver's licenses for the first time in nearly two decades.
..........are we?
Should we not be deporting the illegal immigrants? FFS
Why did I spend so much money making my wife a legal alien, when I could of just moved to that sh*t hole anti-American Nazi state called California?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

You make it sound like you would be fine with amnesty as long as the back and forth stopped. I know you wouldn't be.

Why would you do a 180 on your claim that it is unfair to those who went through the proper channels?

You are correct das. I would not be fine with an amnesty. I am just so frustrated with all the years of chaos caused by this issue. You know that eventually something will be done one way or another.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

You are correct das. I would not be fine with an amnesty. I am just so frustrated with all the years of chaos caused by this issue. You know that eventually something will be done one way or another.

Yep well in America the laziness of the masses idea of doing something is to ignore it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Are we overlooking the fact that this says

California is on the verge of allowing hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants to receive driver's licenses for the first time in nearly two decades.
..........are we?
Should we not be deporting the illegal immigrants? FFS
Why did I spend so much money making my wife a legal alien, when I could of just moved to that sh*t hole anti-American Nazi state called California?

Your wife went through the proper channels with respect to our laws. Yes, we should be deporting illegals. That's why I always say that it is slap in the face to people like your wife to have illegals cut to the front of the line. Nothing is going to magically make it ok for some to be able to pick and choose which laws they want to follow. All my ancestors came here legally with great respect for our laws and country, except for those who were already here as native americans.

These kids are innocent in that their choice was made for them, but the choice was made. When they are old enough they can go through the proper channels like everyone else. You don't go around demanding a country change its laws because your parents made a bad decision.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

Yep well in America the laziness of the masses idea of doing something is to ignore it.

The thing is, most Americans want our laws enforced but corrupt goverment has other ideas.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

But still we are a democracy we all have the power to do something when we all put an effort into it.
But most rely on other people to do it for them... typical.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The thing is, most Americans want our laws enforced but corrupt goverment has other ideas.

That's what I have been trying to tell him since page 3.

Got me on his "snip"list.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What I really think is going to end up happening, and I believe it has been the plan all along, is the NAU.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What I really think is going to end up happening, and I believe it has been the plan all along, is the NAU.

I think so too.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join