It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California poised to grant driver's licenses to young illegal immigrants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

California is on the verge of allowing hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants to receive driver's licenses for the first time in nearly two decades.

SOURCE

And then what is the next step? You guessed it - VOTER REGISTRATION of these illegals. You don't think they'll break the law and register to vote, and actually vote in the upcoming Presidential election and thank Obama? I know it's somewhat moot in this case since Kalifornia always goes blue, but this illustrates clearly the agenda behind this backdoor amnesty: VOTES. Other states will follow suit I am sure.

Another scenario: They get their license, move to Arizona, register to vote there and whaddyaknow - Arizona becomes a blue state. Far-fetched? Your guess is as good as mine, but there is an agenda at play here.

So how many of you still think that this has nothing to do with the election?

edit on 22-8-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Guess California is making up for all the legal citizens who are getting denied their vote in the voter ID states.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Your source does not mention voter registration.

I am a Permanent Resident. I have a Texas drivers license. I can NOT register to vote.

This is just another fear mongering thread.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Mayor Villaraigosa must be estatic.
Him and his cronies in the senate, all of them MECHa and La Raza members.

I'm in the process of putting as much distance between me and
this marxist failure as humanly possible.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Your source does not mention voter registration.

I am a Permanent Resident. I have a Texas drivers license. I can NOT register to vote.

This is just another fear mongering thread.

If you went to the CA DMV and got a CA drivers license, which is probably the law like it is in most states, you COULD register to vote in CA.

Here in NM, you have 30 days to get a NM license if you move here. It's the same in every state I've resided. So how about you take your spin somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Let me try to be as clear as possible.

Holding a state drivers license does not allow you to vote

This is the same fear mongering as the Mythic Anchor Babies.

Please see the link below to educate yourself.

USCIS

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Guess California is making up for all the legal citizens who are getting denied their vote in the voter ID states.

Ca is dem in every presidential election.

The popular vote does not matter.

So this has no effect on the out come of the election, atleast here in Ca.

Where it is pandering to the Hispanic vote, many know and or have members in their family that are illegal.

I myself have known several illegals, some I went to school with and became friends with.
edit on 22-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Let me try to be as clear as possible.

Holding a state drivers license does not allow you to vote

This is the same fear mongering as the Mythic Anchor Babies.

Please see the link below to educate yourself.

USCIS

Let ME be clear: Possessing a state-issued drivers license allows an illegal alien to appear as a legal resident. It opens up all kinds of doors previously closed to them. You can source all the BS you want, but it does not change the reality of what happens on the street. Why do you think thousands of illegals come to New Mexico and get licenses, just to go back to the states in which they live and convert them to licenses there?

Wake the hell up and stop living in a fantasy world.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This is the only way Obama can win.

It definitely is Obama's "Dream Act".

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
From what I see for Texas, a person fills out a form and sends it to the county registrar. Doesn't seem to be any requirement to prove that you are a citizen or even live where you claim.

This can't be good for the system.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The border fence in Texas is just for show anyways.

NAU.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wonder how soon it'll be before they can collect foodstamps, social security, welfare.

Cloward-Piven is here.

YAY Obama!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Let ME be clear: Possessing a state-issued drivers license allows an illegal alien to appear as a legal resident. It opens up all kinds of doors previously closed to them. You can source all the BS you want, but it does not change the reality of what happens on the street.

Have you ever registered to vote? It requires a lot more information than just your drivers license.

I think you are mistakenly believing that an illegal immigrant could just walk into a polling booth on election day, produce their drivers license and then be allowed to vote. There is an entire registration process involved beforehand, which is why in-person voter fraud is practically nonexistant and voter id laws are extraneous.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

In the hands of a non US citizen, a state drivers license allows you to legally drive, nothing more.

I have been through the immigration system so I do have some first hand knowledge of it.

But hey, why let little things like FACTS get in the way of a good story.

Just in case you missed it the first time USCIS

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I went to school with a man who now owns a successful framing business, he employs 15 people at his company.

He was brought here as an infant, he had no choice in the matter.

30 years later he is a success, he owns a large house in newport beach, he has a few Mercedes, he is a law abiding person.

Accept for one thing, his parents violated the law in bringing him here.

Everything he owns is in his business name and tax ID.

He has gotten pulled over a few times, its gotten to the point that he has to do Cal Trans every time (its a running joke that we will see him on the side of the road every now and than)

He pays taxes, he contributes, his company is growing in this economy and he employs americans.

Hell he speak less Spanish than I do, and all I know is burrito and taco.

Not every illegal was here by choice.

what would you do if your parents took you as a baby to a foreign land where you grew up and assimilated to it, where it became your home more than your home land?

Xenophobia is a horrible thing, no more so when its draped in a flag.

People hated the Irish and Italian immigrants as well, who this country hates simply changes depending on the age we are in.

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride from land to land; Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame. "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just great.. Now someone can be killed by a hit and run and this person could just flee to their home country. Its bad enough we have bad drivers, so now we get to deal with immigrants being granted this. Although there is plenty of them driving already... this will just encourage a greater deal to now begin driving.

And I was just planning to go take my driver's test next week too.. (sigh)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

What a nice story, and you tell it so well.

Let's not let a little tear-jerking distract from the fact that this could have been done last year, 5 years ago - if this is such a compelling reason to do it.

Look at the timing. Look at the desperation of the Obama administration. Romney is polling ahead in places where Obama should have the lead. There is only ONE reason that he did this NOW - VOTES. If not from these people themselves, then from their friends and families. He will do ANYTHING for votes at this point. Understand that. These people are being played as pawns.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Let ME be clear: Possessing a state-issued drivers license allows an illegal alien to appear as a legal resident. It opens up all kinds of doors previously closed to them. You can source all the BS you want, but it does not change the reality of what happens on the street.

Have you ever registered to vote? It requires a lot more information than just your drivers license.

I think you are mistakenly believing that an illegal immigrant could just walk into a polling booth on election day, produce their drivers license and then be allowed to vote. There is an entire registration process involved beforehand, which is why in-person voter fraud is practically nonexistant and voter id laws are extraneous.

You're making a LOT of assumptions, pal. All of which are wrong.

You actually believe what you are saying? There is a huge difference between the "information" that you get from the news, and reality.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I said its pandering, it was in my first post.

But again, which one of these boarder states is Obama winning by doing this?

Ca? That's already in the bag (where this is happening), theses illegals are not getting voting rights.

Sure they may have friends or family who might be swayed, but I have news for you there are just as many conservative Hispanics as there are liberals.

It's all smoke and mirrors a distraction from the real issues, it is pandering and it's working, instead of talking about the wars abroad or crushing debt, we are talking about the brown people middle America fears.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

And reality takes is it takes A LOT more than a drivers license to vote. Please live in it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join