It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Rover spots mysterious 'UFO' zooming across the red planet's horizon

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by UDHR19
I do think UFOs and the possibility of alien life deserves proper debate and research. I don't see why it is ridiculed by certain media and people.

I don't think the idea is ridiculed as much as the people are ridiculed who make wild claims and profess to know for a fact that alien life exists, even when they have no good proof of it. And they're ridiculed because they're foolish and annoying. As much as it's nice to be nice, and we should keep an open mind and all that other stuff, we also have no grand obligation to suffer fools gladly.

Wild claims go alongside everything else. Betty and Barney Hill are right there in the wild claims, and encompass all that you say, trouble is, there is nothing absolute to disclaim anything they said. I do agree with being open minded though.
Sir Bernard Lovell always maintained that anyone from another planet could not be an Earth visitor, and he was a physicist, as well as an astronomer. Carl Sagan took a different view, in that "extraordinary claims demanded extraordinary evidence" all good and nice, but as far as I know, neither of them spoke to either of the Hills. All dispassionate stuff really.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

I watched the YouTube link of this today that had the lights on video from curiosity at 6 frames per second. One light lifts up from the surface and disappears, the another comes from left to right on the horizon. All happen in the same video at the same time without much delay.

As someone who has watched fighter aircraft this is very interesting.

We need to see this again, at close range to get a good perspective of what it could be.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

HaHa Pixels On The Billion Dollar MarZ Rover?

I gotta say. This is the reason I joined ATS. Stories like these, and various reasons. I think this certainly deserves investigating, but i'm more than positive someone is doing so, if NASA isn't doin' the lookin' into already. Which I wouldn't think anyone would argue with the statement, NASA isn't just looking' over this.

My thing is, it only brings up more questions. Am I not alone with this? HaHa I don't know who the quote belongs to, but more knowledge raises even more questions. That's a good thing though. Right? It's the way to learn.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oh dont worry, they arent UFO's. I was watching Fox News today, they said that the US government and NASA said that they are local weather balloons

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I must say I've never seen a pixel travel across a horizon like that, does anyone have any videos of anything where this all so happens?
I have seen scratched DVDs that can cause strange pixel effects, but nothing like this.

Lets eliminate the one factor that we can from earth.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Where is the video showing the "UFOs" moving?

That video in the OP does not show (as claimed) the UFOs are moving, it only shows still images with the WORST image processing done as well. (Why, on Earth, would someone use an emboss photoshop filter to "show detail"?)

That person has clearly no clue about image processing..or he is deliberately hoaxing/faking. Iin simple speak, If you use an emboss filter, everything gets an artificial 3D shape...making them look like 3-dimenional objects where in reality we only have single, shapeless dots on the images. This is just really pathetic, IMO.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
One thing that annoys me is how they realllllly edit the contrast of pictures. If you were watching the landing live, the first few pics from the rover were just of the ground in front of it.. then the next pic had mountains in it, you saw on their monitor via the webcast. The picture was clear, and you could easily see the mountains. The version of that picture they released to the public was all washed out and you could barely see the landscape.

All other pictures since then look like that one, which leads me to believe they're editing those in the same way.

Why do they do this? I'm not calling conspiracy, but it seems like whoever is touching these images is doing a terrible job

edit on 23-8-2012 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

It was washed out I believe because of this:

Look at the right hand side and up.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If aliens are out there...why don't we let them, find us; considering, their technology is faaaaaar more advanced than ours??? This is RIDICULOUS! Wouldn't it be easier, just believing in a Creator. At least, we have PROOF of that! Let it go, NASA. LET IT GOooo!

And you know, i'm glad we have all this 'extra money' to waste, "out there". I get such a warm, fuzzy feeling inside, knowing that our planet is....A-OK!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by qmantoo

Anyone suggesting dead pixels, dust, sand etc must be a govmint employee, surely?

Even the ones who point out that the spots appear in exactly the same location in the frame in all of the images from the camera?

Everyone EXCEPT them. :-)

However, It IS strange that even though these things cost millions in total, they still have bad and faulty cmos. The real test is if the same camera sill always have the same 'dead pixels'. I have not heard of any self-healing pixel technology, have you?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Geez im beginning to think its Nasa employers having fun on us at our expense. I mean imagine.

Nasa employees.

Hey frank: This one is saying it’s dead pixeles

Tony: Hey yeah, what about this tool, he is thinking its rain drops haha

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
Geez im beginning to think its Nasa employers having fun on us at our expense. I mean imagine.

Nasa employees.

Yeah well they found and photographed raindrops on the Phoenix landers legs back in the beginning. No-one took any notice though.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

Originally posted by MegaSpace

Nasa employees.

Yeah well they found and photographed raindrops on the Phoenix landers legs back in the beginning. No-one took any notice though.

Yes they did find water, i posted pics of the landers legs with water on page 4 in this topic. I was merely frustrated with nasa & btw i only insulted my self with the tool coment
No insult intended directly to anyone else. Peace.
edit on 24-8-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Here's a more reliable reference:

www.marsdaily.com...

As for the sequence of photos in the OP, I find the absence of specific image numbers, etc, suspicious.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They're planets or stars, right Phage?
-Next line.-

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

lol, if that happened do you even think you'd ever know about it?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davolobos

I watched the YouTube link of this today that had the lights on video from curiosity at 6 frames per second. One light lifts up from the surface and disappears, the another comes from left to right on the horizon. All happen in the same video at the same time without much delay.

The video is hoax made from a single image. The hazcams do not have video capabilities.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com... ow.htmreply to post by blackmetalmist

Aliens: "Why are they back here? We told them to stay away."

PART I - Aliens, what you never really wanted to know! January 6th, 2002

The Moon:

This is one of the most interesting bodies in our solar system, let me explain. When the astronauts landed on the Moon they tried to do core drillings. They were only able to drill down about twelve inches and they hit solid titanium! This is impossible for a naturally formed planet/moon. The Moon is an artificial satellite, built by intelligent beings. I know this sounds bazaar but what is the alternative? We have further proof, when the astronauts blasted off the Moon, they separated the first stage and let it fall back to the Moon surface. The seismographic instruments that they had put in place while on the Moon surface recorded a loud gong and the Moon reverberated for five hours after the expended rocket had hit the surface! The Moon is obviously hollow, a titanium sphere, built by someone or something and for what? I have a dozen theories, but you think about it for a while. What is inside?

To further complicate the matter, why haven’t we built the Moon colony up there like we planned? I will answer that question. Neil Armstrong attended a scientific conference in London England a few years ago and the press knew what hotel he was to stay in and the precise room. They set up listening devises in the room next door to spy on Armstrong’s private conversations. Neil had a professor visit him one evening. The first question out of the professor’s mouth was "What happened to all the Moon projects, colonies, telescopes, low gravity factories. Neil said, "They warned us off, their ships were so much larger and much higher tech, we didn't have a chance". They told us, "scoop up a few rocks and go home, the Moon is off limits!" We are quarantined to the Earth. Have you paid attention? All the Mars probes have failed, plus Mars has two artificial satellites (which are now gone!). They, the Aliens don’t want us snooping around the solar system. There is too much information out there that establishes the truth about the human race and it’s origins. We are an engineered species, bred to do a specific job for somebody. Some say we never went to the Moon, but I don’t buy it. It would have been a little much to cover up.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maurice2014

That story is a cover up as well in my humble opinion.

I think what they really found is evidence of the human race and how far we had extended our domain until we fell to ruin (and history repeats itself).

Various religious texts talk of this fact, the Qur'an states in a verse "Many came before you, great in power, wealth and number but they all fell"...I agree with this.

If you apply some logic, take into account our current history and the trend we humans follow, then it's very obvious history repeats itself. So it's not hard to conclude that we were highly advanced (or we become highly advanced) and then we implode and start all over again.

I theorise that they found artifacts, evidence and historical clues that would turn everything on it's head. They were successful in colonizing the Moon and Mars however to keep prying eyes away the whole program became a military exercise.

Who knows how far advanced the space program has become but I felt when NASA made their announcement about the space program I knew that it had in fact been taken over by the military for one reason or another.

Create just enough of a distraction to fool the masses so you can carry on doing what you want.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by UDHR19
I do think UFOs and the possibility of alien life deserves proper debate and research. I don't see why it is ridiculed by certain media and people.

I don't think the idea is ridiculed as much as the people are ridiculed who make wild claims and profess to know for a fact that alien life exists, even when they have no good proof of it. And they're ridiculed because they're foolish and annoying. As much as it's nice to be nice, and we should keep an open mind and all that other stuff, we also have no grand obligation to suffer fools gladly.

Proper debate and research doesn't seem foolish to me. There is no conclusive evidence of extra-terrestrial life that we know of, nor is there conclusive evidence that there isn't.

What do you mean by "all that other stuff"?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Those 3 dots are on loads of the photos!!! It's something on the lens! Stop jumping to conclusions! I keep clicking on these threads hoping to see something vaguely interesting but it's always the same badly researched, pie in the sky, attention seeking nothingness!

Be patient. Wait for something truly ambiguous that we can research properly and debate over. Don't get excited over specs of dirt on a camera lens and jump to the ridiculous conclusion that they HAVE to be UFOs!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join