It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Rover spots mysterious 'UFO' zooming across the red planet's horizon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Where is anything "zooming?" I see nothing but spots or imaging effects. The only thing that zoomed on Mars was and is Curiosity.

There are a few other threads on this already. There are also NASA released stories on it as well. It's not anything special, just imaging artifacts ( I believe that's the term).

Also to note, the Daily Mail is like reading the National Enquirer.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The "zooming" is in the hoax video in the article.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Good one:-)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

When it first touched down, didn't it still have the dust covers on the lense(s) ?

If so, take these pics with a grain of salt (or a grain of Martian sand).

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
We have established there is some water on mars, now what if it's water droplets on lens if not dust or sand?

Closest i could find on net to show example. P.s note this is a night shot.

Edit: If anyone doubts water droplets on Mars, think again.

Water droplets on the Phoenix Mars Lander.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 22-8-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The mars beings would no doubt label curiosity a UFO?

As they peered curiously at the object floating down to their Planets' surface?

Perhaps a UEO, and theirs are UMOS?

Whatever its all very exciting isn't it?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's very interesting nonetheless.

I have a feeling there's something watching curiosity.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Those definitely are chinese lanterns or weather balloons on MARS! Good god those things are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! hahah

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
We have established there is some water on mars, now what if it's water droplets on lens if not dust or sand?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Either water or a mars dog has found the first thing to cock his leg on?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
More then likely one of Mars moons Phobos or Deimos, should be easy to verify since their orbital dynamics are well understood. Anyhow great find

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Could be birds, bugs, planes, or metallic balls of gas.

Has anyone contacted New Mexico officials for a radar log analysis during the time these pictures were taken?

Also the source isn't the best. (Nasa)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by MegaSpace

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Either water or a mars dog has found the first thing to cock his leg on?

My theory is an explanation that what we are seeing is possibly a natural occurrence based on facts. Try to disprove me first & offer some of your own ideas like everyone else.

Or are you one of those who believe this mission is a fake? Or those who belive in Green Martians? Which one?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The top photo posting is interesting as it shows possible movement, but need more than that before claiming its intelligent. Is it a moon or comet? Or the sun?

As far as the bottom photos. I would not claim that is anything until more definition of the structures are identified, or nasa releases footage of these things moving around in intelligent patterns.

Remember the moons of mars, comets, other planets, the sun, or curiosities lights reflecting off clouds or the surface could create things.

Gotta debunk the negatives before promoting the positive.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Curiosity's mission is to detect if Mars ever had life and if Mars could inhabit life in the future.
How Ironic 2.5 billion dollars spent to find whether Mars ever was, or is still today, an environment able to support microbial life. In other words, its mission is to determine the planet's "habitability."
Mars Science Laboratory will study Mars' habitability

who needs the Mars Science Laboratory to study microbial life when there's a friggin' Alien ship right in front of it!

If it was that easy.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Dead Pixels or dust on the lens, you might as well get busy doing the research.

Do some careful easy research with free tools. The NASA/JPL data gives you position, time and other information for each exposure. With that there are several astronomy programs, some free, that you can observe the star positions from Mars on time and date. Find your programs here. Free-Shareware-Buy Astronomy Software

The simplest you might have. Google Earth in Mars mode. Although Google Earth stellar information and positions of Phobos/Demos might not render, you can see if the thin atmosphere is letting a stars/planets light through in a long exposure or otherwise opportune moment. If Venus, Earth or Jupiter is up, it might just be visible at a martian dusk.

I have software I can see all the stars and moons, major planets and even galaxies and nebula from anywhere in the solar system. Starry Night is a good paid astronomical software if you have the $.

Eliminate the common causes first, then ask others, then when all is exhausted it becomes an UFO or unknown. But unless it is showing unusual or otherwise anomalous movement, structure or emission of lights, look for the common possibilities first.

This looks like Dead Pixels or I hope, dust, but dust would not be so sharp as if on the lens would not be in the focal range of the camera. In fact, if you have dust on your lens you will not see it, nor does it degridate the image very much at all. See Why

When my laptop gets a dead pixel it is a vertical line going across my whole screen, but on other CCD and LED arrays it can just be a spot or cluster. My Digital SLR has dust on the actual CCD, and that will show as distinctive spots. Check for that stuff like you did here, just noting the position in the frame, and looking for it in other frames. If not anywhere else it might be a transitory dust spec or something else.

Keep looking, because if there are UFO's here, it is likely they are on Mars too. I fully expect to find life on Mars, and throughout the known galaxy and universe. Soon we may have direct evidence. But we need to be sober and critical of everything so as not to disappoint and loose others who depend on us to tell them what is real.

Crying wolf when there are no wolves too many times and eventually no one looks, even when we have evidence to the effect.

Do the work and don't cry wolf so easily. This is important!

ZG

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
Curiosity's mission is to detect if Mars ever had life and if Mars could inhabit life in the future.
How Ironic 2.5 billion dollars spent to find whether Mars ever was, or is still today, an environment able to support microbial life. In other words, its mission is to determine the planet's "habitability."
Mars Science Laboratory will study Mars' habitability

who needs the Mars Science Laboratory to study microbial life when there's a friggin' Alien ship right in front of it!

If it was that easy.

Then this should be fun to bring up. When everybody was sitting down during the live feed before the Q&A session, AFTER the picture I posted was shown the guy happened to say, and I quote, "Well that was easy".

Coincidence? Don't believe me? If you watch a recording of the live stream you will know.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don't believe aliens are visiting Earth. Let me get that out of the way. But since this is only "close" to Earth, I entertained the evidence. Actually, I even entertain evidence of aliens on Earth, lol. The main thing that strikes me, common sense wise, is as follows:

1. Many think NASA censors Images.

2. IF aliens were visiting us, NASA WOULD capture them sometimes, and therefore they would HAVE to censor any evidence they have captured, because we haven't really seen much.

3. Therefore, IF this is alien in nature, why would NASA not censor this image as well?

4. IF NASA KNEW for a FACT that aliens were visiting us, and they were censoring images, they would heavily
scrutinize all evidence to make sure none of it leaked to the public accidentally.

5. So the only conclusion I can logically draw, aside from a blunder on NASA's part, which I think unlikely, is that
this is not alien in origin. If it were, we would not be seeing it originating from NASA. It's as simple as that.

edit on 8/22/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/22/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I don't believe aliens are visiting Earth. Let me get that out of the way. But since this is only "close" to Earth, I entertained the evidence. Actually, I even entertain evidence of aliens on Earth, lol. The main thing that strikes me, common sense wise, is as follows:

1. Many think NASA censors Images.
2. IF aliens were visiting us, NASA WOULD capture them sometimes, and therefore they would HAVE to censor
any evidence they have captured, because we haven't really seen much.
3. Therefore, IF this is alien in nature, why would NASA not censor this image as well?
4. IF NASA KNEW for a FACT that aliens were visiting us, and they were censoring images, they would heavily
scrutinize all evidence to make sure none of it leaked to the public accidentally.
5. So the only conclusion I can logically draw, aside from a blunder on NASA's part, which I think unlikely, is that
this is not alien in origin. If it were, we would not be seeing it. It's as simple as that.

Because if you were there watching the stream you would know thats the first time they got to even see the photos. Unedited and raw. Just had to point that out.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

AFTER the picture I posted was shown the guy happened to say, and I quote, "Well that was easy".

You don't suppose he could have meant that the landing had gone as well as it could have?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Chinese.

Lanterns.

Space race conspiracy! The US are not the first to visit Mars...they're behind the program. The reason nothing substantial has been found is because Russia and China have picked the place cleeeeeaaaaaaaaaan.

Seriously though, it is a very strange find indeed. I'm sure some explanation will be handed out by some NASA jabroni, but there is no reason why anyone should believe them. Sooner or later they will slip up (on purpose maybe?) and be forced to play their disclosure hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join