It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a glitch within the ATS website?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I posted this thread 5 hours ago Iran bans women from Uni... and it completely bypassed the new topics fire hose page once it ran its course on the new topics page.

Now, this is not the first time it has happened to me - nor is it the first time it has happened to others..abovetopsecret...

This is frustrating because I genuinely wish to discuss this issue but fear members will not see it, if like me, they search the fire hose page once finished on the new topic page.

ALSO - I have noticed that some members posts appear BOTH on the new topic page AND the new topics fire hose page simultaneously - this occurs daily - sometimes within minutes of a new post going up.

Is it a glitch in the website program or is there a reason for this???

Help me out here Mods - whats going on?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I just visited it and posted a valueless reply in it to test it. And your thread behaved normally, it popped up just like usual.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well I usually notice the glitch that every member joined on 9/30/2010...
I am not sure if that has been fixed..it's been like that for ages.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

No, your join date and mine are OK, I checked those out.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Mood: Thinking
Member is on ATS now.

That's what I see on your profile. I can't recall the specifics - but at one point I had the same complaint and realized after awhile, that I was reading things wrong or was not logged in on one screen I can't recall...

To the OP:

I don't use firehose personally and have never really read anything on the subject. I use the "recent posts" button instead. I know that there are certain forums that don't show up on all feed (RATS for example) So I am guessing - somewhat blindly - that this may be what's happening here.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Where I read it is to the left in the thread...not in my actual profile.
Right above where we are from; Location.

Reads

That's for me.
edit on 09/30/2010 by antmax21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
Well I usually notice the glitch that every member joined on 9/30/2010...
I am not sure if that has been fixed..it's been like that for ages.

This one I might be able to answer. Go to your account page and check the Date Format field.

Some members put in an actual date instead of mm/dd/yyyy, dd/mm/yy, etc. If you do that, your account will only see that date.

Hope that helps!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

That is what I cut and paste from: If I recall there is a thread that explains it - somewhere or other you have to change a setting in the mm/dd/yy options on your my ATS preferences. But honestly - it's been so long since I fixed it that I can't recall the specific remedy. I am 90% sure the answer lay in your "My ATS" or profile settings and is specific to the mm/dd/yy formatting.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have been observing my posts as replys in threads to see what happens because I'm new. Glitch....Profile states I started a thread but I do not have enough posts yet to do that. Glitch for sure

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CovertOperator

Nope not a glitch.

You started the comments section of your profile, which does have a dedicated forum that only staff have access to. If someone or yourself post something against the T&C in your profile, staff has to be able to remove it. When you open your comment section, it starts a thread in that forum.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Oh OK. I guess to the inexperienced...ME it looks like a thread. Thanks for clearing that up!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
ha ha..
Fixed the glitch..
Gracias everyone.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks Heff - I'll sit on it for a while and see how it pans out.

Also thanks for the "recent posts" comment and I do see it there but was wondering about the fire hose component of the site.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I posted about new threads not showing up on the Firehose a couple of days ago but no mod has offered advice yet. My two last threads did not show up on the Firehose, including ironically, the one about threads not showing up on the Firehose.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Not all forums are tied in with the Firehose. The Board Business and Questions forum isn't.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

What about the Social Issues forum?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

This thread was just posted to the Social Issues forum but does not appear in the Fire hose.

Not sure what good the Fire Hose is if it only shows a random spattering of new threads.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What I do know is that not every forum hits the Firehose. I believe at one point, a forum or two had their names changed. I believe the Social issues forum was one of them. Through that period, the forum(s) that had name changes do not display on the Firehose.

SkepticOverlord does all the coding. His plate's been pretty full lately, but I know things like that are on his list. It's not a pervasive problem, and only affects a couple of forums not hitting the Firehose. It's not a smattering of forums that get there, it's one or two that don't.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just another reminder - using the recent posts tab is a sure fire way to see everything posted, in real time, in all forums.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i have one
my time zone wont change from russia +3 to gmt
every time i change it, it changes back
any ideas

top topics

<<   2 >>

join