It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical weapons 'excuse for US to intervene in Syria'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Chinese state media have accused US President Barack Obama of planning to use Syria's chemical weapons as an excuse for intervening militarily.

The state news agency, Xinhua, was responding to a warning from Mr Obama that Syria would be crossing a "red line" if it tried to use such weapons.

"Once again, Western powers are digging deep for excuses to intervene militarily," it said.
BBC News Link

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think China reads ATS. As they are saying what we know on ATS.
The world is waking up to what the american government it doing to the world.
Russia and China will tell the US to stop playing Risk with the world.

I wonder if this will be the thing that leads to a world war?
Pot calling the kettle black. China invaded Tibet.
And china is in dispute with Japan over islands now.

I hope that the rest of the world see’s what is happening to.
Pray for peace and a stop to the american Dictatorship!

edit on 22-8-2012 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think it is a valid reason for the US or NATO to intervene personally...

Assad has already stated that he has them so it's not another bogus weapons of mass destruction claim.. Assad has already warned of using them if foreigners get involved, and Syria has already accused foreigners of being involved by providing weapons to rebel groups so the threat of them being used is very real.

Obama has stated clearly that the US would intervene IF chemical weapons are used.... Israel and Syria's neighboring countries are very concerned about those chemical weapons getting into the hands of groups like Hamas, those groups would very likely use them if they had them ... the chance of them getting them is real given the chaos over there.
edit on 8/22/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
The state news agency, Xinhua, was responding to a warning from Mr Obama that Syria would be crossing a "red line" if it tried to use such weapons.

Using depleted uranium for weapons and spreading it all over the world is OK though is it?

WHEN is the meglomanic rule of the US armed forces going to reel it's neck in?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Using depleted uranium for weapons and spreading it all over the world is OK though is it?

WHEN is the meglomanic rule of the US armed forces going to reel it's neck in?

I don't think the US wants to be involved in this ... there is already talks of Assad stepping down on his own accord.. It would be much better politically to stay out of it and keep pushing for Assad to step out.

www.heraldsun.com.au...

Syrian minister hints that Bashar al-Assad could step down

A TOP Syrian minister has held out the prospect of strongman Bashar al-Assad stepping down as part of a peace deal.

International powers including the US have long said Assad should step down as part of any negotiated settlement to end 17 months of bloodshed that activists say has killed 23,000.

The comments from Syria's Deputy Prime Minister Qadri Jamil came following talks with Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and other Moscow officials who are keen to keep their sway over the Soviet-era ally in case of the fall of Assad.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Isn't this the same thing the Bush administration did when we 'HAD' to invade Iraq?? what's the old saying:
"fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ALL of us!" okay, I elaborated that last bit for theatrics. ;-)

There is no reason for our intervention into Syria, none what so ever.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

the US would intervene IF chemical weapons are used

But They will ONLY use chemical wepons if they Invade their country!
So it is up to america?

If a super power invaded your country,
would you do all you could to keep freedom?
the US is Not free.

and the pore american troops get posiond by there own side any way...
you can only PUSH soldiers so far.
then they fight back. you can only hit a dog so many times...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cwfusto
Isn't this the same thing the Bush administration did when we 'HAD' to invade Iraq?? what's the old saying:
"fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ALL of us!" okay, I elaborated that last bit for theatrics. ;-)

There is no reason for our intervention into Syria, none what so ever.

No it isn't the same thing at all because al-Assad has stated himself that he HAS chemical weapons and WOULD use them if foreigners got involved.. since Syria is already accusing some of it's neighbors of being involved by providing arms to rebel groups.. the threat is very real..

In Iraq, Hussein denied having weapons of mass destruction, the US invented false intelligence reports and the Bush regime used that as an excuse to attack ... two totally different situations.

But since the iraq war wasn't a legitimate war, nobody was really harmed and it never happened... at least that would be the case according to Rep. Akin =)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

the US would intervene IF chemical weapons are used

But They will ONLY use chemical wepons if they Invade their country!
So it is up to america?

But that isn't what Assad said, al-Assad said he would use them if foreigners intervened, he never said if his country is invaded by US forces... foreign intervention can be as simple as Egypt supplying arms to rebel groups for example.. which Syria has already been accusing neighbor countries of doing .. they are referring to any foreign country intervening to assist the rebellion

Since Syria has threatened the use, and has accused foreign countries of aiding the rebels.. that prompts Obama to warn Syria again that if they use them, they've crossed a red line.

Obama is just trying to let al-Assad know that he's super duper cereal about this ( southpark manbearpig reference )

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Are their chemical weapons made of a mixture of bleach and vinegar? Chemical weapons we sold them I bet. Just another Iraq...

Everyone has chemical weapons. It's just an excuse. If I fart on your pillow and you sleep on it, you might contract pink eye. If a foreigner with a cold decided to travel halfway cross the world and engage the community. That's a chemical weapon. All this hypocrisy is just asinine.
edit on 22-8-2012 by PatriotAct because: 1.618

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Chinese state media have accused US President Barack Obama of planning to use Syria's chemical weapons as an excuse for intervening militarily.

Well that’s genius!

Should the world turn its back while a two bit dictator uses chemical weapons on civilians?

I must ask some of you…..is there ANY acceptable reason to go to war??

"Once again, Western powers are digging deep for excuses to intervene militarily," it said.
BBC News Link

And once again China is siding with a terrorist nation against the US.

Shocking!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

And the so called freedom fighters are Terrorists too.
there is a post on ATS about it. I will see if I can find it.

Syria: Armed Opposition Groups Committing Abuses
Free Syrian Army accused of recruiting children

Syrians who learned how to make them while fighting Americans in Iraq.
So it is Terroists fighting them.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

And the so called freedom fighters are Terrorists too.
there is a post on ATS about it. I will see if I can find it.

Syria: Armed Opposition Groups Committing Abuses
Free Syrian Army accused of recruiting children

Syrians who learned how to make them while fighting Americans in Iraq.
So it is Terroists fighting them.

So it's safe to assume you've reasoned with yourself, what if rebels get a hold of chemical weapon stockpiles? Or is that too much of a stretch?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Does this mean that the U.S is going to use phosphorus, (a chemical) bombs (weapons) to attack Syria because its accused of using similar weapons.

If anyone is using chemical weapons in the Syria I would'nt be supprised to learn that its either Israel or the CIA.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Careful man, i think the onus of this is saying that the US is the terrorist organisation.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not only that, they are seeing if their propaganda is working;

globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

Notice how they do not let the comments be ranked or 'starred' on those specific articles that deal with middle east issues. Same story of US attacking or wanting to attack another middle eastern country.

top topics

join