It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal experience over the weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
First of all, I want to categorically say I DO NOT have any pictures to post. All I have is a story to tell of what happened this past weekend. I did not witness it but my mother, who was with me at the time, did.

My mother, who is getting up in age, wanted us to take her to Skyline Drive, in the Shenandoah National Park, in Virginia. It was her birthday and she just wanted to visit the park again because she had fallen in love with the park, the meandering road that led up the mountain and just natural beauty the park had to offer. We left with a van-full of people, including my mom, brother and children. We drove on the mountain and stopped a couple of times to take pictures and just observe the beauty. This was on Saturday and it was in the middle of the day. Of course the park had visitors, sightseers, etc so it was your typical sunny Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, I am not sure where it happened but we were approximately halfway around the Skyline Drive mountain when my mother suddenly said she had seen some "people" in the woods who appeared to all have their arms inter-locked with each other and they appeared to be "scared" for whatever reason. I was driving the van and I slowed down and asked her where did she see it. She said she saw it about 15 minutes ago but didn't say anything to us because she was trying to figure out the whole thing in her head.

She said they looked like a family of "black people", they all had on the same type of clothing, dark and dirty clothing, they appeared to be hiding or on the run and from what she recalled, it must have been 5-8 people. She couldn't tell if they were male/female/children...all she felt was they were related in some sort of strange way.

We questioned her some more and she said she noticed them approx 30 feet from off the side of the road, they were in the woods but didn't appear to have hiking gear or anything of the sorts. Just dirty clothing. She said she also felt these were spirits, and not people.

Now let me say that my mother, all her life, has been able to see spiritual entities/beings and hear things that most people do not hear. So when she told us this, we all listened and believed her.

What I am still trying to find out and I need to do some more digging is if there had been any recorded deaths of groups of people on Skyline Drive. I am not sure how far back I would need to go to look but maybe some ATSers can help with this.

I know there was some killer on a rampage back in the '80s but again, I would have to research this.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Video of Skyline Drive, Virginia...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My first thought of your description was slaves fleeing.

Could this be an older story than a newer story?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

When you say "older story and not newer story" do you mean she witnessed something that may have happened way back in slavery days?

If that's what you mean, then yes, I was thinking along the same lines and if that is the case, my investigation will probably take longer to get the facts. Not sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Found this:

Caledonia Farm

Connected to the main house is a small dwelling that was once home to 6 slaves.

Description of the B&B

Caledonia Farm - 1812 Bed and Breakfast
Washington, Virginia
Restoration of this Federal-style home, with its 2-foot thick walls of native fieldstone, 32-foot long beams and original mantels, paneled windows and wide pine floors, was completed in 1965. Located on a working beef cattle farm adjacent to Shenandoah National Park, this bed and breakfast consists of a two-bedroom suite on the second floor and a summer kitchen suite, which is connected to the house by a breezeway and was originally the dwelling of six house slaves according to the Associated Press article. With a view of Skyline Drive in the Blue Ridge Mountains, guests can soak in the hot tub, take a bike or hayride, play lawn games, or do some bird-watching.

Still searching...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here is a story about "dancing slaves" in the Shenandoah Valley....is this the same area you are talking about?

Story

Also:

Ghosts and Curses of the Shenandoah Valley

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I would read this link:

Shenandoah History

About 20 paragraphs down, read about the Catherine Furnace.

I think this might lead you to something. There is a history of slaves as well as a colored cemetery there.

Hope that helps. Don't know if that's the right direction to send you, but my intuition leads me that way.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks. I will read it and try to piece things together.

top topics

join