It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes must be made to Democrats/Republicans...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I see a lot of people who believe strongly in the values of their party, whichever side you are on.
There are good parts to each side, and they are supposed to counter balance each other.
That was the idea, anyways.

Here is the rub.

If you believe strongly in your party, you should be the first to point out the flaws.
The problems with your own party should be more important to you that the problems of the opposing party.

If you are not willing to stand up and say, this is my party, and this is wrong; then you are not standing up for the true meaning of democracy!

If you truly believe that your party is or can be the best party, then you can't defend a cancerous growth by pointing out that the opposing party also has a cancerous growth!

If you love your country, then you have to demand your own party be better... you have to make them be better...
You have to become furious when your own party does something you don't agree with, that is the only way to make things better.

These parties represent real people, hard working mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, the people deserve the best.
edit on 22-8-2012 by KingAtlas because: Thread title misspelled

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I decided to add ways to contact your respective party, in the case you haven't already...

This is the contact information for the GOP, it has the mailing address at the bottom of the page in grey, along with phone contact number
Contact GOP

This is a contact page for the DNC, it also has the mailing address if you would like to mail a letter in, and phone number for contact
Contact DNC

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I would love to see a time and money limit on elections. You get 3 months (gods I hate election season) and no corporate, non profit, profit, union, or any organization donations. Strictly from citizens only. And then each get a cap at 50 million.

If you want to see a candidate get creative, limit the resources.

Hundreds of millions on a campaign is beyond absurd, ridiculous, when that money would be better spent, say fixing a school.

Drives me nuts.

Short drive, I know.

Well, a girl can dream anyways.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
IMO and as a very active political poster. I am not associated with either party. I vote red or blue depending upon the candidates and the current issues.

I have liberal leanings socially - but conservative patriotic and war feelings. Check my posting history and you'll see that I have argued against, and alongside many of the conservative members - depending upon the issue.

The problem, in my eyes, is that sense of "party identity" has become so important that we are reaching a place where people can no longer be moderate in any way. A Republican must have strong religious ideas - and all liberals are communists...

It's not the parties - but our perceptions of them that are the problem.

~Heff
edit on 8/22/12 by Hefficide because: clarity

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
First off to Heff, yes I also believe it has a lot to do with perceptions of the parties.

But how does it get to that point.

It has escaped the people. That is my opinion.

I believe in all sincerity, that the world has become a much more complex place.
The candidates use this to their advantage.
It is up to the people to demand more of them, because if they don't, why would they change.

Companies understand this, that is why they lobby so much.

new topics

top topics

join