It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Supreme Leader Orders Fresh Terror Attacks On The West

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Iran's Supreme Leader Orders Fresh Terror Attacks On The West

www.businessinsider.com

Iran's Supreme Leader has ordered the country's Revolutionary Guards to intensify its campaign of terror attacks against the West and its allies in retaliation for supporting the overthrow of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria.

According to Western intelligence officials, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei gave the order to the elite Quds Force unit following a recent emergency meeting of Iran's National Security Council in Tehran held to discuss a specially-commissioned report into the implications for Iran of the Assad regime's overthrow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+37 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I call BS on this one.

"According to Western Intelligence officials"...are these the same officials who got the info for Iraqi WMD's? Or perhaps it's the same ones who found proof Osama Bin Laden and Saddam orchestrating 911?

The sad thing is that many people including members of ATS will take the word of these unnamed Western intelligence officials.

Don't get me wrong, the "Supreme Leader" is no saint but he wouldn't leak this information to a group of Western intelligence officials

Another thing I would like to add is that the title of the article is "Iran's Supreme Leader Orders Fresh Terror Attacks On The West".

Why "fresh terror attacks"?

When is the last time Iran has attacked the West?

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I call BS to, but I wouldn't blame Iran if they really felt like that!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Don't get me wrong, the "Supreme Leader" is no saint but he wouldn't leak this information to a group of Western intelligence officials

No, but Ahmadinejad would, just to spite Khamenei.

They are not the best of friends these days.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
BS indeed, here is an article from yesterday.

"We must all do our best to prevent the Zionist attacks on Iran, because if they happen, Iran will be hurt greatly, even though the Zionist regime will be hurt even more," the ayatollah was quoted as saying by the British Broadcasting Corporation's Parsi service. "We should not act, God forbid, as warmongers in our country and provoke a war. The nation is currently in a special condition, and the most important task is to shut the Zionist regime up with our thoughts, pen, and correct efforts and actions," he said.

- Ayatollah Yousef Sanei

Source

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I love how many times the phrase "western itelligence" came up

The Iranians, who are said to include senior Revolutionary Guard officers, claimed they were conducting "reconnaissance missions", and their capture by Syrian opposition fighters was deeply embarrassing for Tehran, which is demanding their immediate safe return to Iran. Syrian rebels have threatened to kill the hostages unless Iran ends its support for the Assad regime

Wow this is fact now? When did this happen?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I wouldn't blame them either, but they cetainly don't want to give the West any reasons to attack. A statement like this from Iran would be very stupid and would lead to harm for the Iranian nation.

This is nothing more than Western media fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

This came up yesterday, but Ayatollah Yousef Sanei was demoted back in 2010 for declaring Iran's government as being illegitimate.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They will and are,as they are as much at war as Syria is
afp.google.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
by fresh does he mean a different technique or style of terror...

...or more of the same ineffective stuff they've been doing?

it must suck to be a country that's soon to be the least relevant place on Earth.

and Syria is still going to fall.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
who better than BusinessInsider magazine to report on insider geopolitical instability.

And for easier reading, just replace the words "Western Intelligence" with "AIPAC"
edit on 22-8-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
by fresh does he mean a different technique or style of terror...

...or more of the same ineffective stuff they've been doing?

it must suck to be a country that's soon to be the least relevant place on Earth.

and Syria is still going to fall.

What have they done in the past?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Thanks, i did not know that, just did some quick research, i see that Yousef Saanei is not very popular among the higher echelon in Iran.

I hope he gets listened to, and it makes no sense as stated above, for Iran to be aggressive at this moment in time, so i call PsyOp.

Namaste.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
who better than BusinessInsider magazine to report on insider geopolitical instability.

And for easier reading, just replace the words "Western Intelligence" with "AIPAC"
edit on 22-8-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

of course, blame the jews for this...i guess if obama and israel were out of the picture, there would be love spreading all over the globe

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's simple ....Iran is NEXT

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Iran is going to sponsor more terrorism??

What a surprise!!

This isn't BS. Terrorism is Iran’s largest export.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
of course, blame the jews for this...i guess if obama and israel were out of the picture, there would be love spreading all over the globe

Nice try on the redirection....
BUT

AIPAC has NOTHING to do with JEWS and EVERYTHING to do with Israel

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This isn't BS. Terrorism is Iran’s largest export.

Petroleum is their biggest export.

The world's biggest exporter of terrorism is the United States military.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Get ready for a bomb blast or a terror plot to be foiled in the next few weeks.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Here are a couple of great articles regarding the IRGC for anyone really interested in determining who's supportive of who within the Iranian government.

The IRGC Strategic Brain Trust | Part 1: Ghasem Soleimani and Ahmad Vahidi (August 1, 2012)

Read more: www.pbs.org... M4l

The IRGC Strategic Brain Trust | Part 2: Ahmadian, Hejazi, and Jafari (August 11, 2012)

Read more: www.pbs.org...

Here's quoted text found at the end of Part 2:

As soon as he assumed the top Guard post, Jafari focused on the "internal enemy" by reorganizing the corps. He took two major initiatives: absorbing the Basij, making it one of the Guards' five branches, along with its ground, air, and naval wings and the Quds Force; and decentralizing the Guards' command structure by creating 31 districts and local command centers, 29 in provincial capitals and two in Tehran. This is now known as the Mosaic Doctrine. The idea is to give greater flexibility to Guard commanders in handling riots and demonstrations, and to enable the Guards to better survive a surgical attack by the United States or Israel aimed at decapitating their command structure. The net effect of the initiatives has been to increase the Guards' power to intervene in the political process.

The five strategists surveyed in this series are generally considered loyal to Khamenei. But as I have been emphasizing for years (see here and here, for example) and as well-informed sources in Tehran have recently confirmed to me, many of the hardline Guard commanders have their own agenda and the collaboration between the military and religious establishments will survive only so long as the clerics are useful to that agenda. I will soon write about one aspect of the military hardliners' agenda that differs from Khamenei's wishes -- the elimination of the post of president.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join