It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds confirm statewide raid underway; arrests reported

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i havent read the whole thread but if it is just a FBI thing and not DEA then it is probably organized crime related. they have to do mass raids so they dont let any big dogs get through the cracks.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I always assumed at some point the government would take some action to gain control of the illegal world. What better way then you have suggested, put in gangs with unofficial ties to the government.

The government will gain a level of informal of control of the supposed lawless aspect of our societies under belly. Well not mine, but the US

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by Bilk22

Good find if they are related to the same event. The article presented in OP was provided after that fox news article, so who knows.

Since you did not provide a quote from you source here is one.

Shortly before dawn Wednesday, federal agents conducted a series of raids across the state of Indiana as handcuffed and shackled suspects were brought to the agency’s Castleton headquarters.

Fox59 Russ McQuaid reports that the raids appeared to be part of a crackdown that U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett recently announced against organized crime in Indiana.

gee...imagine that!...orgainized crime...the FBI doing their job. is the paranoia and hatred of our government on this website, juuusstt a little too extreme? i now this will fall on deaf ears here, but there are alot of good, honest, hardworking people in our government. it seems this gets lost in the hyperbolic writings on ATS.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
All is quiet in southern indiana /louisville metro area i work for the sheriffs dept and this is news to folks here....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ryant7
All is quiet in southern indiana /louisville metro area i work for the sheriffs dept and this is news to folks here....

Uh...oh... You must be on their list......

Des

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

In my hometown, FBI only gets involved when the local police are believed to be ineffective due to conflicts of interest. Or when it is federal level investigations going on.

To be honest, we have had FBI conducting operations in my town of under 30k for over a decade. About 3 years ago one of them shot and killed a drug dealers brother (who also was a dealer...but his brother is the "kingpin") while working undercover.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Let's wait to see what they are doing before we go jumping to conclusions, I live VA, and 3 years ago there was an entire east coast raid, not just my state. They were rounding up illegal workers and the men who illegally brought them into the country. Some of those people worked for me, they didn't know they were still illegal, the company that brought to the US from Jamaica and other countries robbed them blind and falsified all their documentation.

They arrested over a 1,000 people that day or two, so not everything is a conspiracy, but let's wait and see...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have. Lived in Indiana all my life, Indianapolis area and rural central Indiana. Organized crime is pretty common around here, if that is what you would call it. It isn't like al capone or the gati family obviously.

Indiana is called the cross roads of America for a reason, many interstate highways converge on Indianapolis, making us a hub for a lot of stuff. Guns,drugs etc...

I have seen a lot of police activity here in Plainfield ( south west side suburbs). I will provide more details if any become avvailable on local news or radio. Right now I am not seeing anything though, as would be the norm until they are done.

I just hope they don't kick down the wrong door, we have laws alowing to shoot anyone that kicks in your door, police or criminal alike. That's how we keep the local police. From kicking in the wrong doors around here. They haven't really kicked the wrong door in once since the law passed.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
30 Arrested In Inmate Trafficking Investigation

This is what I found on our local news channel. Hope it helps out some.

At least 30 people have been arrested in connection with an ongoing FBI raid that may be targeting members of a white supremacist group, a source told RTV6.

edit on 22-8-2012 by stargate73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What? The FBI is actually doing something? I don't believe it, I thought they only investigated high profile criminal cases where they got lots of publicity. Their policy seems to be to wait and watch till they can get enough people to arrest to get a good news splash. Meanwhile it is business as usual for criminals. Maybe forty was enough or maybe the criminals were planning to move to a different country and retire.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
They are raiding members of a white supremist group based on their views?!? I don't agree with the whole white supremicy thing, but that is what it looks like so far.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Do we have actual confirmation on it being the case for ATF and the others?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I quite frankly have never heard of the FBI becoming so active openly. I do not get it, they are coming out more everyday.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Maxmars

Do we have actual confirmation on it being the case for ATF and the others?

My bad, if it seemed I was implying that. I just figured that when it comes to law enforcement gun running is a matter which seems specifically an ATF thing. Just like drugs would be a DEA thing.

But if this is organized crime... i.e. racketeering, state boundary crossing stuff... well then - I guess the feebies get the collar.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
This may be part of a continuing gun running bust. Last week, here in Georgia, the Outlaws motorcycle gang was raided on gun running.

Des

Des,

The Outlaws were raided last month here in Indianapolis.
Feds Arrest Outlaws Indianapolis

OP, I've been waiting all day to hear more about why this is happening.
Has to do with Inmates running a drug ring from prison...
Updated IndyStar link

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by Destinyone
This may be part of a continuing gun running bust. Last week, here in Georgia, the Outlaws motorcycle gang was raided on gun running.

Des

Des,

The Outlaws were raided last month here in Indianapolis.
Feds Arrest Outlaws Indianapolis

OP, I've been waiting all day to hear more about why this is happening.
Has to do with Inmates running a drug ring from prison...
Updated IndyStar link

Sounds like the Outlaws Club has been under investigation, and raids in multiple states....drugs and guns.

FBI raids 'motorcycle club' in southwest Atlanta

FBI raids 'motorcycle club' in southwest Atlanta
Posted: Aug 16, 2012 11:57 AM EDT Updated: Aug 16, 2012 6:32 PM EDT

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) -

Early Thursday morning, the Federal Bureau of Investigation raided several locations throughout the state. A representative from the United States Department of Justice confirms indictments and a federal criminal complaint have been unsealed, charging 23 people with federal offenses.

The charges, resulting in an FBI undercover investigation, involve methamphetamine and coc aine, gun offenses, and obstructing the investigation.
www.cbsatlanta.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah, This raid is primarily for Methamphetimine and organized crime. Here's a good local new link If you guys wanna check it out.

www.abc57.com...

They wipe out all the meth, then the dentists are gonna be pissed!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
probably Ron Paul sympathizers and delegates. Funny how important people somehow get their parking tickets found and becomes a serious offense at just the right time.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Without going into the thread from where I left, IMO this would have to do more with hate crimes or something to that affect, I think you are right as far as the compartmentalized duties of each individual agency. This is a sweep of another kind if FBI is involved.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well guys,

We could continue to ponder what this is... or READ THE POST I JUST MADE!

It's about a meth/organized crime bust...

I'll post again... see if it changes anything.
www.abc57.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join