It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the feminization of american men = the narcissism-ization of american women

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Women want to be led - subconsciously and maybe even a little consciously. Probably not in the workplace, but definitely within romantic relationships. They want a hot lover, they want a best friend, and they want a great leader all in one. That's our job, the job of Men is to be someone who the love of our life can look up at and get butterflies. Our job is to take our woman by the hand and lead her on adventures, all the while being a source of comfort and strength for her while loving her as unconditionally as we are able to and providing her with some of the best sex of her life.

Women don't want whining little biatches. They want men. It's as if we've twisted that age-old advice "just be yourself" with women to "be the whinyest, Beta version of yourself possible" with women. That is repellent to a woman and they will run a mile. Hence the massive divorce rates when compared to even just a couple of generations ago.

Something is amiss, and whether it's BPA and other chemicals or whether it's behavioural, something is seriously wrong with our gender and it needs to be shifted back to its natural balance.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

Could it just be possible that not every woman is the same? It seems that no one seems to know what all women want. Maybe that is because all woman are individuals with their own personalities, wants, and beliefs?
edit on 23-8-2012 by rottenrascals because: Because my grammar

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Believing Men and Women are treated equally is stupid in the current world(west).

Men usually have advantage at work place but its slowly decliing and becoming equal. For women, attractiveness does count at work place.

Law, women has almost absolute advantage on men, be it Divorce, Child custody, Abortion, men are next to nothing. Rape is another thing women get less penalty for *imagine a female teach on a younger male student compared to a male teacher on a younger female student* who do you think would suffer a harsher wrath?

The difference from 1920's to now is, Women have more rights and Men rights are restricted, and this is the closest to the truth.

I disagree. We have a teacher in Texas who just went to prison for 20 years for having sex with a few of her 18 year old students.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Germany has a better economy than the US. It has a lower unemployment rate and a higher GDP growth. It is also run by a woman, Angela Merkel, who has been the German Chancellor since 2005. She was re-elected in 2009. She is a shining example of an effective leader and is now the most powerful woman in Forbes 2012 list.

I doubt she got there by being a 'princess'.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by IandEye

God forbid women have some power and self respect...lol. God forbid men let go these arcane ideas about psuedomasculinity. These threads are getting old. Real men who actually understand and respect women seem to have no problem finding and having a successful relationship with them. Its always the ones who are the most 'masculine' that complain. Thats not to say women have no faults, but most of the ones I know still want the old fashion idea of man. They still want a rock, provider(not always financially), and protector. But without all the old fashion baggage that comes with that. Get with the times.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Whoa Whoa Whoa, back up here. She is a very terrible example of good leadership. She has been shown to be a liar and in recent years she plummeted in the polls.

I'm not saying women would make bad leaders, I am just saying this one could be a better one.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals

Whoa Whoa Whoa, back up here. She is a very terrible example of good leadership. She has been shown to be a liar and in recent years she plummeted in the polls.

I'm not saying women would make bad leaders, I am just saying this one could be a better one.

I'm not saying she doesn't have her faults but the economy is better over there. ALL politicians lie. Look at ours. She may be falling now but she's done a lot of good for Germany in the past. She has worked very hard to get where she is.

The thread seems to be bashing women and how we just want to be lead by men. I disagree with this.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I am not saying that all women want to be lead by men. But that doesn't automatically make all women good leaders. Her actions in Germany did nothing for the economy. Germany's economy has been on a steady increase for the last few decades her presence in office did nothing to bolster the economy. In fact I would argue her actions have damaged it following the 2007 crash.

Regardless this is getting off topic, the topic at hand isn't about Germany or leadership. It's about OP and his misconstrued views on woman in society. Some woman want their men to be leaders, other woman want to be the leaders in their relationships. The point is that all people have different tastes and it's okay.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I am not saying that all women want to be lead by men. But that doesn't automatically make all women good leaders. Her actions in Germany did nothing for the economy. Germany's economy has been on a steady increase for the last few decades her presence in office did nothing to bolster the economy. In fact I would argue her actions have damaged it following the 2007 crash.

Regardless this is getting off topic, the topic at hand isn't about Germany or leadership. It's about OP and his misconstrued views on woman in society. Some woman want their men to be leaders, other woman want to be the leaders in their relationships. The point is that all people have different tastes and it's okay.

She was voted as the world's most valuable leader in 2010:

www.social-europe.eu...

Her ratings plummeted after 2010 but she has scored well on her handling of the euro crisis with a 69% approval rating. Also, her approval rating reached an all-time high of 77% in February 2012.

I agree that there are many different women who have different needs and wants. I guess I have a personal stake in this in that I don't like to be lead, don't demand attention and prefer to work for my success.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

So in what exactly do you have a personal stake in? Germany or a thread that has done nothing but further stereotypes? Because neither are really worth arguing about.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

So in what exactly do you have a personal stake in? Germany or a thread that has done nothing but further stereotypes? Because neither are really worth arguing about.

No, just having to deal with bias at work. I never should have said that. Thanks for calling me on it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Ah, well yes that I can understand. I worked in multiple fields and I can honestly say that it is quite a shame that woman are still held to different standards than men. But I think that will be changing soon. Today's women is much more likely to finish higher schooling and soon we will see a whole new wave of female CEOs and probably world leaders.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The real issue and problems are in the minds of men (I am male btw) I have seen how much life has changed, women have become more liberated and it is a good thing. Back in the 60's and the 70's a woman had to know her place, be grateful a man would look after her and provide for her. She had to be a good wife, cook, clean and look after the children and when the man came home she better look damn good too. If the man decided he wanted to go drinking with his friends, she better accept it because he was the provider, he had the stresses of work, all she had to do was keep the house tidy god damn it, what she bitchin about.

Then we wanted women to be more sexy, to turn us on, keep that body in shape, wiggle their ass and drive us crazy, but hey once we had picked them they better have a personality transplant and turn back immediately into the meek 70's woman, be damn grateful we chose them.

Things have changed, women have woken up to the power of their sexuality, they understand now just how much power it actually gives them, because as intelligent as some of us men are, we still submit to the calling of our genitals, we will promise anything to get what we want, especially in our late teens and 20's, now every woman is expected to work, to contribute financially to the household, and they are equal to us, they have the sexual power, they now have financial power, the education and the foresight to know that if a man acts like an idiot he can be easily replaced.

Are some women acting like prima donna's? yes of course they are, but they get the life they deserve eventually, the same rule applies to guys. Don't complain because women don't just fall at your feet and swoon just because you walked into the room. Treat women with respect, you have to prove you are a good catch, sorry but that is the way it is. Be respectful, be funny, be reliable and stop BSing them, oh and you better make sure you are damn sexy too and know what your doing, because here is a hint guys, women enjoy sex too, your 3 minutes of heavy panting just aint going to cut it any more.

You want them to be perfect, well you better be damn sure you are perfect too. But whining about it will get you zilch, understanding and effort will get you everything

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to [url= by acmpnsfal[/url]

I suppose they're "getting old" because they aren't what you believe?
a woman doesn't have to wear a tiara to think like a princess.....women are physically connected to the planet in ways men will never be....when a woman has a baby she literally IS the center of the universe, is she not? This is the way "nature" intended it, for humans. Since we're so fragile we need that kind of protection as babies just to survive, much less have the wherewithall to be ATS-pontificators.
to be a man means to be free. Women are not free- their physical connections to Earth prohibit such freedom. I mean freedom from the fear of Death, allowing for the full living of life and ability to cause Death to preserve Life. Women just want life and a pretty, safe one at that- not because they're weak but because they are mothers.
this does not apply to every woman in the world- just a lot of the ones in America. Especialy the ones who think there's absolutely nothing wrong with them.
also- a man worrying about himself is narcissism as well. Whether it's a princess and a whining beta (as one poster well put it) or a king and his consort, in America it is COMPLETELY infused with naricissism. It's hard to make someone feel special if they're already full of themselves.....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
understanding that philosophical discussions are tainted with incredible emotion in individualistic, rand-ian hero America, I would like to rephrase the title to "feminization of men = narcissism-ization of women = narcissification of men"
I'm sure my point that narcissism is the underlying problem in american socitey and not gender will go mostly unnoticed here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join