It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up ... both democrats and republicans have mouthy idiots

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There are different degrees of gaffes. Some are much more HARMFUL than others.

"57 states" - silly, yes, but not harmful.
"Is our children learning" - silly, yes, but not harmful.

"'Legitimate Rape' doesn't cause pregnancy" - truly horrific, misogynist statement. This wasn't a gaffe - this was an intentional statement. The speaker of such a statement has no business in politics where he might have any influence over women's issues.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
There are different degrees of gaffes. Some are much more HARMFUL than others.

"57 states" - silly, yes, but not harmful.
"Is our children learning" - silly, yes, but not harmful.

"'Legitimate Rape' doesn't cause pregnancy" - truly horrific, misogynist statement. This wasn't a gaffe - this was an intentional statement. The speaker of such a statement has no business in politics where he might have any influence over women's issues.

you're right...he makes dan quayle look like a cunning linguist. this is what he spoke, imagine what he thinks, and holds back on actually saying it. maybe he thinks they should repeal the right of women to vote, because they are too stupid to know what rape is.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yes Akin's made a truly horrific comment. The Biden agreement with the Chinese policy is truly horrific as well. Yep both sides make ridiculous statements, and yes I am sick of people trying to paint everyone in a party with a broad brush due to the horrific statements of one politician.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You picked the supposed 'light weight' ones for the dems, but nailed a heavy one for the republicans. It's just as easy to turn that around. Bidens wink and nod towards forced abortions .. that's pretty heavy. Like I said .. both sides have mouthy idiots. One side can't claim higher ground when it comes to stupidity ...

Originally posted by Hefficide
Well, yes... to a degree. I do think that.

Then you have the same attitude as those on the far right who say that any democrat who supports marriage equality is a 'godless' and 'evil'. You are the far left version of those on the far right.

Their FIRST thought was to remove religion from politics and politics from religion by separating the Church and State.

The only good rule of law is a secular rule of law.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH? In another thread you basically told me the LAW is where it is on abortion and that my opinion is not based on anything because it doesn't fall in line with the LAW.

So if the LAW changes to reflect MY opinion, I hope you can be the better person and accept it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer
BH? In another thread you basically told me the LAW is where it is on abortion and that my opinion is not based on anything because it doesn't fall in line with the LAW.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Your opinion doesn't have to be "based on" anything. It's your opinion and you have a right to have it and to voice it.

If you want to talk about this issue in the original thread, I think that would be more appropriate, since I don't know what you're referring to.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The ENTIRE GOP may not buy into it, but if it's the Official Platform.

No. It's not. The GOP party platform is 'no abortion ever'. That's NOT what people are upset about in regards to AKIN. His comments that raped women can prevent pregancy automatically and his language about making a difference between 'rape' and 'forceable rape' are what people are (RIGHTLY) upset about.

Not totally the case. I am mad because this man uses
Pure ignorance and magical thinking to sell his political
Partie's agenda. His words only serve to illustrate a sizable
Portion of the anti abortion crowd. In my, this underscores
The fact that the GOP and its constituents serve this
Brand of idiocy which have policies to match.
edit on 22-8-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're right.

Apologies and apologies to the OP.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Wake up ... both democrats and republicans have mouthy idiots

Yes they do sorry gotta run Im on guam and it's about to tip over.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Agreed.

For 100% clarity the thread should be titled

Wake up... democrats and republicans are mouth idiots!
Running their ill informed yaps for $!

Derek

top topics

<< 1   >>

join