It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up ... both democrats and republicans have mouthy idiots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The partisan threads about the mouthy idiots - idiots who are found in both parties - are getting ridiculous. Posters here quote one idiot person in a party and then paint the entire group of people in that party to be the same kind of idiot as well.

ATS Thread headlines look like this -
GOP person ______ (fill in blank) says this stupid thing ...
DEMOCRAT person _____ (fill in blank) says this stupid thing ...

And then we hear the partisan bunk -
"The GOP is full of people with low IQs'
"The democrats are all leeches and idiots'
"The GOP is full of women haters"
"The democrats hate America"
etc etc etc

It's ABSURD.

Akin said stupid things about women and rape. That doesn't mean the entire GOP buys into what he said. The fact is .. they have called for him to go away, far far away. Biden has said stupid things about women and unfair things about homosexuals. He gave his approval for a government to force abortions on women because of population control and he has come out against marriage equality ('gay marriage'). Does that mean that everyone in the democratic party is ignorant and in favor of the government forcing abortions on people if the population gets out of control? Of course not.

Akin, Pelosi, Palin, Biden, Bachmann, Obama, Romney, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, Pat Buchanan, Westboro Baptist Church .... etc etc ... they ALL are partisan and they ALL say stupid things. They ALL have made comments that are anti-woman, or anti-homosexual, or anti-worker, or anti-religion, or anti-constitution, or anti-_______(fill in blank) .. or outrightly stupid.

I could easily use google and post bunches and bunches of links to quotes by these people, and others, who have said incredibly stupid things. Ignorant things. Neither the democrats or the republicans is idiot-free. Wake up ... both Democrats and Republicans have some mouthy idiots. Both parties have some sheeple who believe what the mouthy idiots say. BOTH PARTIES. One party doesn't have a lower IQ than the other .. one party isn't full of idiots while the other party glows with brilliance.

UGH!

Anyways ... either this belongs in the US Elections forum or in the rant forum.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The partisan threads about the mouthy idiots - idiots who are found in both parties - are getting ridiculous. Posters here quote one idiot person in a party and then paint the entire group of people in that party to be the same kind of idiot as well.

ATS Thread headlines look like this -
GOP person ______ (fill in blank) says this stupid thing ...
DEMOCRAT person _____ (fill in blank) says this stupid thing ...

And then we hear the partisan bunk -
"The GOP is full of people with low IQs'
"The democrats are all leeches and idiots'
"The GOP is full of women haters"
"The democrats hate America"
etc etc etc

It's ABSURD.

Akin said stupid things about women and rape. That doesn't mean the entire GOP buys into what he said. The fact is .. they have called for him to go away, far far away. Biden has said stupid things about women and unfair things about homosexuals. He gave his approval for a government to force abortions on women because of population control and he has come out against marriage equality ('gay marriage'). Does that mean that everyone in the democratic party is ignorant and in favor of the government forcing abortions on people if the population gets out of control? Of course not.

Akin, Pelosi, Palin, Biden, Bachmann, Obama, Romney, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, Pat Buchanan, Westboro Baptist Church .... etc etc ... they ALL are partisan and they ALL say stupid things. They ALL have made comments that are anti-woman, or anti-homosexual, or anti-worker, or anti-religion, or anti-constitution, or anti-_______(fill in blank) .. or outrightly stupid.

I could easily use google and post bunches and bunches of links to quotes by these people, and others, who have said incredibly stupid things. Ignorant things. Neither the democrats or the republicans is idiot-free. Wake up ... both Democrats and Republicans have some mouthy idiots. Both parties have some sheeple who believe what the mouthy idiots say. BOTH PARTIES. One party doesn't have a lower IQ than the other .. one party isn't full of idiots while the other party glows with brilliance.

UGH!

Anyways ... either this belongs in the US Elections forum or in the rant forum.

Flyers, I couldn't have said it any better myself.

I'm getting tired of logging into ATS to see almost EVERY new thread having to do with some partisan political BS. If people want that so badly, why aren't they posting on CNN/Fox/MSNBC?

I thought ATS was where the paranoid/odd ones of us came to express and share ideas about things other than Blue State/Red State garbage.

Thanks for saying what I believe many of us here are thinking FlyersFan!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The point i continually make in the threads you have mentioned is...

How are these people who do not share the same ideology as their fellow party members get elected or nominated in the first place?

You would think that it would be in the interest of all political parties to keep these people in the back-room were no one can hear.

The fact of the matter is that these people identify with "x" political party and it is their respondsibility to either distance themselves or prevent people like this from making comments that will negatively effect the part no?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Like I said ... both sides have mouthy idiots -
(from today's headlines)

DEMOCRAT Joe Biden compares Republicans to 'Squeeling Pigs'
GOP Akin and 'legitimate rape' Comment

More stupid statements ... from both DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS

Stupid Quotes from DEMOCRATS
LEFT WING MOON BAT Quotomatic
Stupid REPUBLICAN Quotes
Top 20 All Time Stupid REPUBLICAN Quotes

Ya'll need to take a serious look .. one side isn't any smarter than the other.

edit on 8/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Akin said stupid things about women and rape. That doesn't mean the entire GOP buys into what he said.

Republican Party Approves Strict Anti-abortion Platform - No Exceptions

The ENTIRE GOP may not buy into it, but if it's the Official Platform. And with the number of anti-abortion and anti-contraception measures the GOP has put forth in the last couple of years, I think we can safely say their goal is crystal clear: Make all abortion illegal and let the states punish their women who dare tend to their own health needs. Any woman, or any mother of a daughter should be VERY concerned about these issues and the trends in the GOP's agenda.

Yes, Democrats say stupid things, too. That doesn't BEGIN to address the LAWS that are being made and the intention of the GOP toward women. I take it personally, as every woman should. IMO

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
How are these people who do not share the same ideology as their fellow party members get elected or nominated in the first place?

VERY FEW people out there will fit in all areas in what you are looking for in a candidate.
People who lean left will vote for Biden even though he is against marriage equality.
People who lean right will vote for Romney even though he approved of the bail outs.
Finding the 'perfect candidate' that matches your beliefs ... that doesn't generally happen

The fact of the matter is that these people identify with "x" political party and it is their respondsibility to either distance themselves or prevent people like this from making comments that will negatively effect the part no?

- People join parties that come closest to how they feel the government should be run. That doesn't mean that they believe in the entire party platform. EXAMPLE - DEMOCRATS just adopted 'marriage equality' (gay marriage) as a party platform. That doesn't mean that black evangelical democrats go along with it, but they aren't going to leave the party over it because the democrats still come close enough to what they want. REPUBLICANS just adopted 'no abortion for any reason' as a party platform. You'll be hard pressed to find that belief among the majority of Republicans but they'll stay with the party because it comes closest to how they think the country should run.

Also - you can't 'prevent' people from running for office and being mouthy. This is (supposedly) a free country and anyone can run and say what they want.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The ENTIRE GOP may not buy into it, but if it's the Official Platform.

No. It's not. The GOP party platform is 'no abortion ever'. That's NOT what people are upset about in regards to AKIN. His comments that raped women can prevent pregancy automatically and his language about making a difference between 'rape' and 'forceable rape' are what people are (RIGHTLY) upset about.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

My problem is that the idiots on the left tend to make idiotic statements based upon simple idiocy. Nobody ends up in chains when a liberal goes spastic.

And, while there are those on the right who also just fall in the stupid pool once in awhile, Akin, and a few others, don't qualify in this.

Akin is not a stupid man who misspoke. He's a religious zealot - every bit as offensive to me as Al Quada are - and he meant exactly what he said. He spoke his hearts truth and got flogged for it. He is an extremist who would shove his interpretation of God down my throat if the Constitution didn't prevent him from it.

Don't believe my sincerity? Start an Al Sharpton is a wise man thread" wait and watch. I'll show up to counter that statement as well.

This man is dangerous to everybody who doesn't think as he does... but he didn't misspeak.
~Heff
edit on 8/22/12 by Hefficide because: proof reading - found grammatical effor

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They seem to make comments as if on que, like tabloid, to keep folks interested. Its always the outrageus, made on a side point to the larger issue that gets a good fire going. Who wants to wade through a budget? But put out a story about millions being spent on some shell fish habitat.......then you have a story.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So Republicans are really being evil when they say dumb things but Democrats are to be forgiven because when they say dumb things it's just 'being dumb' and not evil?

Okay .... thanks for the good example of what I was talking about ..

Biden thinks it's understandable and okay for a government to force abortions on a women.
The government kills the baby and puts women in jail for violation of the law.
He's just being 'dumb' and it's forgivable?

Akin thinks a woman who has been raped can automatically not get pregnant.
He's being evil and people can end up in chains because of it>

wake up ATS, the both have idiots and they both have idiots driven by ideology.

edit on 8/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed punctuation

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Biden thinks it's understandable and okay for a government to force abortions on a women.

WHAT? Where did Biden say this?

Heff said everything I wanted to say.

edit on 8/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I absolutely agree that the partisan politics needs to go the way side. Both parties like to kill humans plain and simple. The Right wants to kill people with wars, the left wants to kill babies. Either way you slice it both political parties want to kill Human Beings.

The Government (both sides) needs to get out of everyone's business and focus on the infrastructure and actual security of this nation. The people of this country need to realize that their enemies are not one another but the ever reaching and over stepping government of this country.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

WHAT? Where did Biden say this?

Google up - 'Biden understands one child policy'. There are stories on this from the left and the right and everywhere inbetween. He gave a 'nod and a wink' to China and their forced abortions and sterilization. No amount of spin by the far left can hide this. He said it. Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well, yes... to a degree. I do think that.

I personally define terrorism as any zealot or fanatic who wants to fundamentally change my rights as American citizen - or to harm my life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness - without due process or through revolution or violent means.

In other words... For my money this guy is no different than the Taliban and I wonder why the Hell he's not in Gitmo? He's every bit as dangerous to my way of life as any other religious zealot is.

Oh, and to be preemptive - before the intent or thoughts of the Framers get tabled... Yes many of them were religious. But they were wise too. Their FIRST thought was to remove religion from politics and politics from religion by separating the Church and State. Why people currently want to screw that balance up is beyond me. At any rate - my counter is that the Framers were Masons - and that is the model they used - not a theocratic one.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Flyers post has proven itself correct by the responses already.

We are divided, and we seem to enjoy it...

We demonize each other instead of agreeing to disagree and come to a common ground to figure out solutions to the real problems... (rising food costs, anyone? Economic armaggedon? Meh, it's THEIR fault! Burn the witch!)

Let's all watch the right hand make it's fancy motions whilst we forget about the left hand... why does my wallet suddenly feel lighter?

We've all been had.

Obama can't save us. Romney can't save us. Ron Paul can't, either. We have to do it ourselves as a united front... but there is little chance of that happening.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's the Age of The Gaffe,

Why look away?

We might miss something hilarious!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Its dirty Politics, ATS style.

You see it for every topic. I would like to see the President and Presidential hopeful, stand on their records, as poor as some of them are.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Politics is the new form of spectator sports combined with Religion.

My team is better than yours mentality and its blasphemy to question your own team despite questionable coincidence.

It's no wonder why the lobbyist and special interest groups are robbing us blind while our political cheerleaders are to busy arguing about which team is better.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The ENTIRE GOP may not buy into it, but if it's the Official Platform.

No. It's not. The GOP party platform is 'no abortion ever'. That's NOT what people are upset about in regards to AKIN. His comments that raped women can prevent pregancy automatically and his language about making a difference between 'rape' and 'forceable rape' are what people are (RIGHTLY) upset about.

do the republicans of missouri really want someone that thinks like this in congress?...by the way, he sits on the science and technology committee....jeez....this guy makes stupid people look smart.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Originally posted by Dreine
Obama can't save us. Romney can't save us. Ron Paul can't, either. We have to do it ourselves as a united front... but there is little chance of that happening.

What a great post! WE have to stop taking the bait of division. A divided populous is easy to control. Sometimes I feel like a pawn. Ugh! So frustrating.

One sign of hope? FlyersFan and I are actually pretty good friends. (Sorry FF, I spilled the beans!)

I admit, I play the devil's advocate a lot here on ATS (NO! Really???). I don't take our discussions here very seriously. It's more like a fun hobby for me because I don't think there's any real consequences to what I say here. But you're right, in the bigger scheme of things, I love you all. Really.
edit on 8/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join