It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Reasons To Vote For Bush

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

Originally posted by edsinger
and Kerry flops so frequently

You need to get with the program. The Repub's tried to pin Kerry as a flip-flopper, it didn't work, so now instead of saying he was on EVERY side of every issue, they just try to say he was to the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar left of every issue, duh!

Wonder if labeling Kerry as an extreme liberal will stick to him better than labeling him as a flip-flopper?

YOu ahve to be #ting me dont you? Ok one simple one then...

Why did Kerry vote against the FIRST GULF WAR?

Cheney nailed him on the head when he said that Kerry flopped when it looked like Dean was winning on a anti-war platform and you know it

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hey, don't blame me, it's your smarter, higher-up Republican buddies that had to change how they went about attacking Kerry, apparently labeling him as a flip-flopper didn't stick

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
1. Lack of intelligence
2. Makes emotional decisions
3. Displays anger
4. Has mental lapses
5. Short term memory loss
6. Will not acknowledge mistakes
7. Small minded
8. Irrational
9. Careless
10. Lazy (to many vacations)
Extra reason: Complete lack of wisdom

[edit on 10/18/2004 by LEO J]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEO J
1. Lack of intelligence
2. Makes emotional decisions
3. Displays anger
4. Has mental lapses
5. Short term memory loss
6. Will not acknowledge mistakes
7. Small minded
8. Irrational
9. Careless
10. Lazy (to many vacations)

Is that the best you can do? Come on be creative. Maybe add ex-alcoholic, womanizer, caregiver to the Saudi's....I mean you need new soundbites.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
Hey, don't blame me, it's your smarter, higher-up Republican buddies that had to change how they went about attacking Kerry, apparently labeling him as a flip-flopper didn't stick

Who you #ting? He isnt one? You ever drop a fish in the boat? It does a Kerry!

Flip Flopped On Trade With China

In 1991, Kerry Supported Most-Favored Trade Status For China.
In 2000, Kerry Voted In Favor Of Permanent Normal Trade Relations With China
Now Kerry Criticizes The Bush Administration For Trading With China

Flip-Flopped On Iraq War

Kerry Voted For Authorization To Use Force In Iraq.
In First Dem Debate, Kerry Strongly Supported President�s Action In Iraq.
Kerry Later Claimed He Voted �To Threaten� Use Of Force In Iraq.
Now, Kerry Says He Is Anti-War Candidate.

Flip-Flopped On Eliminating Marriage Penalty For Middle Class

Flip-Flopped On Patriot Act

Kerry Took BOTH Sides On First Gulf War

Flip-Flopped On Gay Marriage Amendment

Flip-Flopped On Attacking President During Time Of War

Flip-Flopped On Death Penalty For Terrorists

Flip-Flopped On No Child Left Behind

Flip-Flopped On Affirmative Action

Flip-Flopped On Ethanol

Flip-Flopped On Cuba Sanctions

Flip-Flopped On NAFTA

Flip-Flopped On Double Taxation Of Dividends

Flip-Flopped On Raising Taxes During Economic Downturn

Flip-Flopped On Small Business Income Taxes

Kerry Flip-Flopped On 50-Cent Gas Tax Increase

Flip-Flopped On Leaving Abortion Up To States

Flip-Flopped On Litmus Tests For Judicial Nominees

Flip-Flopped On Federal Health Benefits

Flip-Flopped On Tax Credits For Small Business Health

Flip-Flopped On Health Coverage

Flip-Flopped On Welfare Reform

Flip-Flops On Stock Options Expensing

Flip-Flopped On Medical Marijuana

Flip-Flopped On Burma Sanctions

Flip-Flopped On Military Experience As Credential For Public Office

Flip-Flopped On PACs

Flip-Flopped On $10,000 Donation Limit To His PAC

Flip-Flopped On Using Personal Funds In 1996 Race

Flip-Flopped On Israel Security Fence

Flip-Flop-Flipped On Ballistic Missile Defense

Flip-Flopped On 1991 Iraq War Coalition

Flip-Flopped On View Of War On Terror

Flip-Flopped On Funding For Our Troops In Iraq

Flip-Flopped On Tapping Strategic Petroleum Reserve

Flip Flopped On Internet Taxation

www.georgewbush.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
KERRY FLIP FLOPS, BUT GEORGE BUSH STACKS NAKED MEN LIKE NO OTHER PRESIDENT! VOTE W!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
KERRY FLIP FLOPS, BUT GEORGE BUSH STACKS NAKED MEN LIKE NO OTHER PRESIDENT! VOTE W!

I would request that you remove this picture as it contains.....

And yes GW personally ordered them to do that.........

Spin away guys.........

[edit on 17-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I think most of us have seen GW's Resume circulating the net, If not here it is,

. I attacked and took over two countries.

� I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.

� I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).

� I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

� I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

� I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

� I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

� In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).

� After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

� I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.

� In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.

www.afscmelocal34.org...

As an undecided Voter (Leaning towards Kerry), I was wondering if You, Edsinger, could prove all of these to be false with Links and Facts and not opinions. To me if even half of these are true, I could not think of why anyone would want to vote for Him. It does not count, if he say, cut money from something then threw some back in at a later time. I am totally serious about this and not trying to be an ass.

Thanks,
Trick

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I would request that you remove this picture as it contains.....

And yes GW personally ordered them to do that.........

Spin away guys.........

As it contains what? All's it's showing is an interrogation. Interrogations give us intelligence. We need that intelligence to help us root out terrorists. That's simply a picture showing the heart of Bush's War on Terror.

If you don't like it, stop being Bush's apologist, trying to convince us that Bush and the neocons are the best thing for America. This Abu Ghraib bull# is the direct result of crappy leadership from the top of the country.

But in case something that benign that offends you, here's a better picture for you:

Little Georgey announces the end of major combat operations in Iraq - 18 months ago. Yep, another collosal failure of GW Bush, invading Iraq without a post-war plan, along with authorizing torture for intelligence purposes which caused Abu Ghraib.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
. I attacked and took over two countries.

After being attacked consistantly over the last decade and the most my predecessor did was bomb tents with million dollar cruise missles. I am taking the war to them folks! The US is not going to take it anymore. As Admiral Yamoto said"We have awakened a sleeping giant"

� I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.

After inheriting a failing economy and the future a a severe recession, I took and ideal that was proven by John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan to cut taxes and spur economic growth. We have taken a massive ecomonic hit on 911 and still managed to have the strongest growth since the days of Ronald Reagan, may he rest in piece, all the while being at war.

� I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).

Adjusted for inflation, that honor actually belonged to my dad, but he left the economy to a Democrat that was still strong enough to take a tax hike and still grow until the bubble burst.

� I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

Considering the false high tech bubble of the 90's this could have been alot worse, many lost the entire life savings, guess the Billy boys record wasnt that good huh? The Economy was # before I was even elected!

� I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

Well I ahd some help with that OBL guy and the economy AND stock market that was already failing. I wonder if Bill would have taken that shot at OBL and would we be in this pickle now. DOnt worry America, we will not stand by and be attacked without consequence anymore

� I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

Well it is about time that they pay the ultimate penalty when they take innocent lives, we do not just dish these to anyone, these are the most vile members of society. You do the crime, you pay the penalty Period.

� I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

Well seeming that my predeseesor was to have the most ethical administration in history, and left office with the most indictments by far and you are going to gripe about a DUI years ago?Plus I admitted my crimes, has my ooponent? Why will he not sign the form 180 as I and Al Gore and McCain and...need I go on?

� In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).

Have you ever heard of a working vacation. Plus I can not think roung washington DC to much bull#.. I would rather be out amongst the people and away from the lobbiest

� After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

And what do you think I was doing all day? Cutting wood? Sir do you have any idea how many hours a President must work a day?

� I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.

Well do you know a man by the name of George Soro? Well he is giving millins of his personal monies to make sure that a leftist agenda gets in eth White House and I by my principles will do everything in my power to make sure it doesnt happen.

� In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.

And we had a pretty darn good recession that I inherited, plus a major economic blow to our nation, 2 million is a lot I concede, but just how to you arrive at those figures? Do you count private jobs and small business jobs in those numbers? I thought so. Anyhow, we are growing at a good steady non-inflationary rate...things are loooking good and the last thing you want is a tax hike. Trust me, it did'nt help my dad none...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuuAs it contains what? All's it's showing is an interrogation. Interrogations give us intelligence. We need that intelligence to help us root out terrorists. That's simply a picture showing the heart of Bush's War on Terror.

So you imply that I condone this behavior? How about putting up a beheading there pal. No difference.....

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
With all due respect, I did ask for Facts and Links not Your Opinions. And there is about thirty more of them, and You are not George W Bush, so please do not answer in First person.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuuAs it contains what? All's it's showing is an interrogation. Interrogations give us intelligence. We need that intelligence to help us root out terrorists. That's simply a picture showing the heart of Bush's War on Terror.

So you imply that I condone this behavior? How about putting up a beheading there pal. No difference.....

If you vote for Bush, then you condone these types of actions. It's his war and his interrogation rules.

"Bush administration lawyers contended last year that the president wasn't bound by laws prohibiting torture and that government agents who might torture prisoners at his direction couldn't be prosecuted by the Justice Department.

The advice was part of a classified report on interrogation methods prepared for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld after commanders at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, complained in late 2002 that with conventional methods they weren't getting enough information from prisoners.

The president, despite domestic and international laws constraining the use of torture, has the authority as commander in chief to approve almost any physical or psychological actions during interrogation, up to and including torture, the report argued."

So here's one reason to vote for Bush: If you like the image of Americans as people who condone torture and killing, vote for him.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
With all due respect, I did ask for Facts and Links not Your Opinions. And there is about thirty more of them.

Well with all do respect, I am sorry but I cant research all of them. You have googe right?

Well here is just one: The deficit, and I was wrong it was Reagans.

July 2003

Policy Summary
The White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) recently projected that the US federal budget will see an unprecedented $691 billion deterioration in its budget situation � moving from record surpluses of $236 billion in 2000 to record deficits of $455 billion in 2003. This paper outlines some of the basic characteristics of the current situation and places them in the context of recent history.

The current $455 billion deficit is:

the highest deficit in current dollar terms in history
the highest deficit adjusted for inflation since WWII
$1,561 per person
4.2% of GDP
In addition, when you exclude the social security surplus, the deficit is currently 5.7% of GDP and the second largest percentage since WWII (only the 1983 budget under Reagan had a larger deficit.)

That is just one m8,

www.ombwatch.org...

They also argue that today's deficits are no reason for panic because as a percentage of the overall economy, they are smaller than the largest shortfalls under President Reagan. Many economists consider that ratio the most significant measure of the harm deficits can cause.

www.cbsnews.com...

Look Bush spends way to much money IMHO, it is a big shortfall he has, but I will give him some credit as these are not easy times. But spending must be bought under control.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

If you vote for Bush, then you condone these types of actions. It's his war and his interrogation rules.

So here's one reason to vote for Bush: If you like the image of Americans as people who condone torture and killing, vote for him.

And how do you propose we get informationfrom them? Not that this is right but just what is torture? Should we give them a room at the Hilton? How many American lives were saved from the information gathered? Did the OBL gang adhere to the Geneva conventions BEFORE the behead someone?

Two wrongs dont make a right, but to have "sleep deprevation" our only tool is ludacrus. And by the way, that is illegal also if you go beyond the boundaries. I will ask you this, what nation treats its prisoners better? The UK? I would think maybe that is the truth. I guess that is a bad thing. we get treated like animals yet have to treat ours with kid gloves. THere are limits but I think this scandal was blown out of proportion.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

And how do you propose we get informationfrom them? Not that this is right but just what is torture? Should we give them a room at the Hilton? How many American lives were saved from the information gathered? Did the OBL gang adhere to the Geneva conventions BEFORE the behead someone?

Two wrongs dont make a right, but to have "sleep deprevation" our only tool is ludacrus. And by the way, that is illegal also if you go beyond the boundaries. I will ask you this, what nation treats its prisoners better? The UK? I would think maybe that is the truth. I guess that is a bad thing. we get treated like animals yet have to treat ours with kid gloves. THere are limits but I think this scandal was blown out of proportion.

So, unlike your previous denials, you do condone the practice of making piles of naked men. Good for you, vote Bush.

Two wrongs dont make a right, but to have "sleep deprevation" our only tool is ludacrus.

Just goes to show: Any statement followed by a 'but' is a lie.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by taibunsuu]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

So, unlike your previous denials, you do condone the practice of making piles of naked men. Good for you, vote Bush.

So lets treat em nice, real nice and see what they tell us? While more Americans and Iraqi's die? I do not hear you condeming beheading, you just skirted that one. Should we adhere to the Geneva convention when our enemy does not? I would hope we could, but maybe we need to reexamine the enemy.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So lets treat em nice, real nice and see what they tell us? While more Americans and Iraqi's die? I do not hear you condeming beheading, you just skirted that one. Should we adhere to the Geneva convention when our enemy does not? I would hope we could, but maybe we need to reexamine the enemy.

Of course beheadings are wrong. There wouldn't be any beheadings if we had never invaded Iraq. Or maybe, if we had been forced to invade, we could have had a post-war plan to maintain order there so that the beheaders can't operate.

Thank GW Bush yet again.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuuOf course beheadings are wrong.

Thank you.

Originally posted by taibunsuuThere wouldn't be any beheadings if we had never invaded Iraq.

No but would another 757 into the Sears tower make you feel better? How about a truck bomb in L.A.? Iraq is part of this war on terror. LIke it or not, it always was.

Originally posted by taibunsuu Or maybe, if we had been forced to invade, we could have had a post-war plan to maintain order there so that the beheaders can't operate.

Well I could sort of agree here. I mean for the most part the Iraqi's are glad they are free but the Syrians, Jordanians, Iranians, Saudi's, etc tec are trying pretty damn hard to make it fail. And the folks at home with your attitude (no offense) and the mainline press arent helping matters.

Originally posted by taibunsuuThank GW Bush yet again.

Yeah, it all his fault. BtW Have you read the 911 report? I could blame Clinton for alot of this but I dont, it is done and now we need to win it. Support you nation in its time of war. We were attacked, remember?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm surprised anyone is voting FOR a Dem or Rep because they think they are great candidates. Neither of these choices is really the cream of the crop, but people keep shoveling this crap in day after day without realizing we can tell them and their choices to shove it.

WE want to decide.

I would also like to see the parties USED their platforms in practice.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join