It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Reasons To Vote For Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Saying Bush is an honorable man is like calling Hitler compassionate.

One statement can ruin even the best of arguments and destroy the credibility of the author. This is just such a statement.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Do you refer to the statement by MrJingles, or your own statement?

I would tend to lend support to what Jingles belled.

Unless you are sucked in by the bizarre imagery in Bush's war campaign of the ghosts of Lincoln and Washington with their hands on Bush's shoulders lending their support to his lost cause. As if.

Bush gets relegated to the history dustbin of the corrupt self-serving quasi-leaders that set the world adrift. The next President goes down as taking on the presidency in its worst condition in US history and fixing the nation and its international standing.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I'm not planning on voting, actualy. I appreciate your respect. Rest assured it is mutual. I don't get angry just because people dissagree with me.

AceWombat04,

You're actually the first person I've heard say that there is no national crisis now and there won't be one in the future.

So, can you fill the rest of us in on how great the nation is doing? It must be doing great to not vote, for anyone!

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by taibunsuuDefecits and National Debt - Hey we got a war on we gotta spend. Uh-huh. Short-term solution for long-term problem.

Ok lets step back a minute and look at things from a different perspective. During the 80's you leftists had the same cry, the economy grew so fast and large that by the 90's we realized that we did OUTGROW it and due to the tightasses in Congress who kept Clinton's spending under control we actually had a SuRPLUS! YEs it was Reaganomics that gave Clinton that surplus....then as normal a business cycle must swing down it happened at the begining of an administration Bush Jr instead if a start of growth cycle at the end of one such as Bush SR. The only way is to GROW and that doeant include trillions in more social giveaways.

First, I'm Independent, not leftist. I'm about as much a leftist as Bush is a conservative. Second, here's another cycle: Every time something goes wrong under Bush's watch he and his apologists like you blame Clinton. Like I give a # about Clinton. You see two things: Liberal and Conservative which to you seem to equal Good and Bad. Sound fiscal policy is the responsibility of the administration and excuses are like assholes.

I actually think Bush deserves a second term so that he has to stop using the Clinton excuse over, and over, and over. Bush sucks and the thing that pisses me off more than anything is the fiscal policy because it's black and white, right and wrong. The nation is in the black, or in the red. Bush cannot blame the other guy if our nation is in the red. Whatever president borrows money to keep the government going is #ing things up.

Where's your holy conservative congress now saving the budget? Yep, thought so. It's in your imagination.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Bush believes so much that he should rule us, he is willing to use any method no matter how LOW, DISPICABLE, SLIMY, IMMORAL, UNETHICAL and SLEAZY it is.

If you want to support the smear methods of corporate Vampires you should support Bush.

He will slide through the sewer and still claim the 'moral high ground'. Well no one ever said the Religious Right and Military Hawks were intelligent, just faithful and loyal.

Mark these words carefully "As ye sow, so shall ye reap."

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I take a beating here, but here it is, day before last debate andLOOK

It didnt take too long and I was right after all. Im speaking of Matt Drudges head lines, of course.

It doesnt take a great genius to figure the modus operendi of these people. Wolf, here we go again.....

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Nice find, dgtempe.

Wow, Ed, Bush sure is great at homeland security. Just invites Chechen terrorists to stroll on up into the US from Mexico. Oh wait, maybe it's Clinton's fault the US-Mexico border is so loose since 09.11.2001 while most of our National Guard is screwing around in the sands of Arabia.

Let's hope this gets clamped down quick.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
I said Bush should've handled the situation better. We should've taken saddam when he was actually a leader, not someone on the run. What we have in Iraq cannot be controlled. Fighting fire with fire simply doesn't make sense in this situation. Think about what I just said and try to figure it out.

Well hindsight is always 100% right? I mean the French were NOT going to veto were they?

Originally posted by MrJinglesWhatever you wanna say about abortion is fine with me... Government has no right to tell people what to do however.

THen Murder should be legal? Well just kids then? At what age should that line be drawn? 3 months? 6 months? 9months? 18 months? 6 years? 17.99 years?

Originally posted by MrJinglesAs far as I'm concerned, judges shouldn't even have a party affiliation. Immoral country? You dare call the U.S immoral when terrorists are running around chopping peoples heads off? Who exactly do you blame for that?

Agree they should interpret the consitution and not try to legislate.....agreed.

Well I dont see it like you do either. We kill millions of Americans a year, yet at the same time, donate more to charitable causes than anyone else in teh world. Kind of tough to call isnt it?

Originally posted by MrJinglesYou know what? Thats great, not a whole lot of American's can honestly say they worked hard to get their degree. Obviously Bush's education isn't helping the economy right now.

Yeah, this economy is really in the dumps huh? Tried to pruchase Steel lately? Gas? Look this was a 'mild' recession as far as recessions go and no matter how you stack it the tax cuts shortened the length of the Clinton recession......The bubble had burst, before Bush was elected.

Originally posted by MrJinglesI just don't understand how something as innocent as marriage could be considered...immoral.

Marriage no......man/man ....woman/woman yes...what next?

Brother/sister? man/dog....man/clown? man/tree?

It degrades the sanctity of Marriage....They can get all the benifits with a civil union, but no , it is an agenda to take down family values on piece at a time.

Originally posted by MrJinglesI am aware you said non-defense. What I was saying, is that we already spend more on defense than anyone else in the world, and even though 1% isn't that much, it is still 20 billion. See you gotta get all p.o'd at stupid crap like that. I'm not sure how social and assistance programs are considered waste... Maybe you oughta walk a mile in a poor man's shoes before you make statements like that

well SmartA$$, I have been poor. I worked my way through college, no one PAID my way. I didnt get handouts, I got loans and loans and loans and loans and did I say loans? Now I am burdened with huge debt but I did it!

I bet you have more money in your wallet than I. I ahve $2....Yes I am an engineer, but 1/3 of my take home goes to debt management and the other well its California, the land of the Left.

Originally posted by MrJinglesI consider a lie an untrue statement, I don't know what you consider a lie, or whatever Dan Rather has to say.

Ok then fair enough...

Kerry lied

The UN Lied

The Russians lied

The French Lied

The CIA Lied

CLinton Lied

Gore Lied.. should I go on?

Originally posted by MrJinglesthis is one of the reasons I try to stay out of the political forums. The only thing that sucks is your inabilty to accept that you are wrong in some instances. I can't profess that I'm completely right, but I can try to understand some of the reasons you believe in things you do. Perhaps next time you should take a chill pill before responding. It's pretty obvious alot of people don't like Bush in these forums, so

I will accept that I am wrong, you just have to show me? I ahve been wrong plenty of times...

Thanks

Yeah I do jump sometimes, but it ticks me to see only one viewpoint, when I know it to be false in my heart....

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Nice find, dgtempe.

Wow, Ed, Bush sure is great at homeland security. Just invites Chechen terrorists to stroll on up into the US from Mexico. Oh wait, maybe it's Clinton's fault the US-Mexico border is so loose since 09.11.2001 while most of our National Guard is screwing around in the sands of Arabia.

Let's hope this gets clamped down quick.

Better VOTE Bush then cause Kerry wont do squat and you know it. Bush is dead wrong here, I agree....CLOSE the BORDERS

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

First, I'm Independent, not leftist. I'm about as much a leftist as Bush is a conservative. Second, here's another cycle: Every time something goes wrong under Bush's watch he and his apologists like you blame Clinton. Like I give a # about Clinton. You see two things: Liberal and Conservative which to you seem to equal Good and Bad. Sound fiscal policy is the responsibility of the administration and excuses are like assholes.

OK Independent then.....fine I accept that. Can you believe so am I? I am not a registered republican. Ohhhhh Ahhhhhhh But yes I am a conservative......even one who voted for Nixon

Originally posted by taibunsuuI actually think Bush deserves a second term so that he has to stop using the Clinton excuse over, and over, and over. Bush sucks and the thing that pisses me off more than anything is the fiscal policy because it's black and white, right and wrong. The nation is in the black, or in the red. Bush cannot blame the other guy if our nation is in the red. Whatever president borrows money to keep the government going is #ing things up.

Well crap man, can you honestly say that Bush CAUSED the recession? CLinton had it made man...economy was booming 9 years worth, if you count Bush Sr's last year..."It's the economy stupid", remember that? Oh yeah, it was never really a bad recession and looked to be pulling out....then came that day and things took a bit longer to recover but I know that was Bush's fault also.

I will agree with one thing, the fiscal policy has to be brought under control. Hell I will need to be 82 to retire and collect my social security. Hey I got an idea, why dont we stop paying those who have never paid into it? Opps that would piss voters off huh? I do not like Bush as much as you think, I was actually on Gary Bauer's campaign in 2000 and would ahve loved to see a Bauer/Keyes ticket. But Bush surprised me and seems to be taking theheat better than I would. I would be stomping through the entire middle east................

Originally posted by taibunsuuWhere's your holy conservative congress now saving the budget? Yep, thought so. It's in your imagination.

Bite me man, Like I said we are at war so negate DEFENSE AND HOMELAND security and the federal expenditures have only risen 1%, no perfect, but not bad either.......I would like to see a flat atx because no matter who is elected the rich will still pay no taxes at all....The Middle Class does and I liked the $2000 in my pocket this year, came in handy.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Want an alternate opinion (since you seem to get jumped on by the left mafia), I think it makes no difference who wins. Same results.

I do, however, place you in the same category as them though. You certainly are a "true believer", which is fine. Maybe it's just me, but I can't for the life of me figure out where you're coming from. I believe the same as you do, if you aren't just hamming it up. Difference is, is that I realize the repercussions of this short range thinking that has caught on in the Big Two (Rep & Dem).

The problem is the US Federal Government. You can only build an empire so big until it collapses under the "social rot"(and other nasty American habits of late) I'm sure you hate (i.e. the homosexual agenda, abortion, etc).

It simply is no longer practical. The bubble has yet to burst. If it did, our fiat currency would leave us a huge target for the people we've pissed off in the last 50+ years.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well anyway, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and for sure no one is absolutely correct.

I think Baradnik makes a hell of a lot more sense than either of the bonesmen now running.

Economy goes up and down, and amends have to be made to keep the country either in the black or neutral. This endless debt that spans multipile administrations has got to end.

Mark my words: Bad economics will finish our country unless we smarten up.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I'm not planning on voting, actualy. I appreciate your respect. Rest assured it is mutual. I don't get angry just because people dissagree with me.

AceWombat04,

You're actually the first person I've heard say that there is no national crisis now and there won't be one in the future.

So, can you fill the rest of us in on how great the nation is doing? It must be doing great to not vote, for anyone!

I don't recall ever having said that. If that's your interpretation however, I respect it. It is valid for you, whether it's true for me or not.

What follows is my own personal opinion and belief. I will not try to make it applicable to anyone else.

I believe there is a global crisis, not a national one. By virtue of it being global however, I feel it includes the United States. People keep telling me to choose the lesser of several evils. I don't want to demonize any candidate, but I am exercising my right not to vote. I feel that the lesser of two (or more than two) evils is still an evil (the term evil is that of the people trying to get me to vote all to often, not my own).

I feel that voting for any of the candidates, on any ticket, will simply support perpetuation of the status quo. My personal standards for what the status quo are differ from most, probably. I seek change of a greater and more fundamental magnitude. None of the candidates available to me represents a great enough sea change in policy for me to truly feel that I will be represented, or more importantly, that the world will be signicantly improved or better served.

Before anyone asks: No, I do not have a solution as to how things could be done better. That doesn't negate my personal beliefs and standards, however. Failing to have yet realized the solution to a problem, does not neutralize one's ability to perceive that a problem exists in the first place, or one's choice to not take part in a process they view as a part of that problem.

Don't get me wrong. The United States in my opinion was founded as, and still posesses to a large degree, a system much improved over previous ones. I am happy to live here, and I'm not some anti-american rebel.

However, by not voting, I feel I'm voting against the entire political system as it currently exists in this country. I think I'm entitled to that personal choice. So is everyone else. Likewise, everyone is entitled to vote for whomever they feel is the best candidate. My personal choice for best candidate from the available field simply happens to be "nobody," at this time; that's all.

There's a difference between apathy, and a genuine decision not to take part in a process on personal moral grounds.

Like I keep saying, I respect everyone's views, and everyone is welcome to them. All I ask is that people have the same respect for my own. Agreement is not neccesary to understanding.

I know that my stance bothers, and probably even angers, some people. So be it. I apologize if I've caused any ill feelings by assuming it. That's not my intent at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
One cup, and you'll realize how wrong and misinformed you all are.

And weren't you the one proposing that some creases on Bush's suit were a sure sign that he was wired?........ You want to tell us now that we are misinformed and wrong?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
1. Too many "big" mistakes were made starting with rummy. Why have a SecDef with no
no real military leadership experience, especially when you have Colin Powell in the
administration.

2. It is my understanding that there is no provision for the life of the mother,incest, rape.
Why is it mostly men crying out against this.

3. He nominated Gonzales only for the hispanic vote, he has made no real legal
decisions.

4. I do not have family and canot find a job in this sterling economy. I would only agree
a flat tax that benefits everyone. You do not need to be a genius to be an Ivy League
graduate.

5. There are more important issues than this.

6. I do not really want or trust the government to invest my money.

7. His proposal to allow more immigration and not tightening the borders is another
tactic to get the Hispanic vote.

8. Instead of labeling someone a conservative or a liberal try to compromise. One
persons or parties veiw is not sent from God.

9. I do not know if I can trust Kerry, but I do know I cant trust Bush to make good
policy.

10. Who cares about his religous "epifany". Many people change their ways.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Want an alternate opinion (since you seem to get jumped on by the left mafia), I think it makes no difference who wins. Same results.

I do, however, place you in the same category as them though. You certainly are a "true believer", which is fine. Maybe it's just me, but I can't for the life of me figure out where you're coming from. I believe the same as you do, if you aren't just hamming it up. Difference is, is that I realize the repercussions of this short range thinking that has caught on in the Big Two (Rep & Dem).

The problem is the US Federal Government. You can only build an empire so big until it collapses under the "social rot"(and other nasty American habits of late) I'm sure you hate (i.e. the homosexual agenda, abortion, etc).

It simply is no longer practical. The bubble has yet to burst. If it did, our fiat currency would leave us a huge target for the people we've pissed off in the last 50+ years.

I can fullly understand that! But let me ask you this, whatever administration it is, they fill many seats in government and that is where the difference is made, Clinton's appointment of judges to Legislate is but one example.....But in the long run you are right and I would be voting libertarian or constsutionalist if the stakes were not so high......A proven traitor in the White House........uh that is scary and the vote is to close to actually vote they way I want to....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well anyway, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and for sure no one is absolutely correct.

I think Baradnik makes a hell of a lot more sense than either of the bonesmen now running.

Economy goes up and down, and amends have to be made to keep the country either in the black or neutral. This endless debt that spans multipile administrations has got to end.

Mark my words: Bad economics will finish our country unless we smarten up.

Oh Crap...we are close to agreeing on something.......But Can the Libertarian win? Think about that when you vote....maybe we can have a Bull Moose run and they will win someday. I would like nothing better than to see a non Demo/Reb in the Whitehouse if he were the right person. But now is not the time for fanatasies....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I don't recall ever having said that. If that's your interpretation however, I respect it. It is valid for you, whether it's true for me or not.

I know that my stance bothers, and probably even angers, some people. So be it. I apologize if I've caused any ill feelings by assuming it. That's not my intent at all.

I might not agree with it, but I can respect it. One thing though Iwoud ask that you keep in mind. It is an old statement but rings very true today.

"If you dont vote, don't Bitch"

Now there is a way around this, I felt the same way in 1992. Bush Sr. Raised my taxes, on beer no less, damn asshole. I could in no way vote for CLinton...

SO I wrote my vote in, He's Tanned, He's Rested, He's Ready, NIXON in 92!

IN the county of 350 people, the papers publiched the vote, and NiXON had 2.......I never did figure out who the other person was....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat
1. Too many "big" mistakes were made starting with rummy. Why have a SecDef with no no real military leadership experience, especially when you have Colin Powell in the administration.

Well Colin is not one of my Favs, Rummy was SoD before and actually has done a good job, funny Pre-911 he was a favoriite of the press. remember that?

Originally posted by tomcat2. It is my understanding that there is no provision for the life of the mother,incest, rape. Why is it mostly men crying out against this.

Look Life of the mother is the only one that is the tough call in 99.9% of the cases. Rape and Incest still kill an innocent life albeit a rough pregnacy is in store...My Wife told me something that speaks better to this than I could.

"Why could I then hate my own child?It didnt rape me!" COuldnt I raise that child to be one of Gods Children?

Have you seen Bush's numbers among women this time around? They are HIGHER of all things. Abortion is not that big an issue in this election sadly enough. It comes to this in a broad respect,

Christian women = anti abortion in most cases if used as a birth control method

Feminists = Pro

and lots in between

Originally posted by tomcat3. He nominated Gonzales only for the hispanic vote, he has made no real legal
decisions.

Well I dunno about this one. Could you explain further? It is the expected way the ones will lean that makes it a good Choice, If the court gets stacked, God will be taken out of our lives altogether, fine for the athesits but not right in my mind.

Originally posted by tomcat4. I do not have family and canot find a job in this sterling economy. I would only agree
a flat tax that benefits everyone. You do not need to be a genius to be an Ivy League graduate.

I didnt say you had to be, but you dont get Masters at harvard being a nincompoop. Just like you dont get a BSEE from the University of Illinois being stupid either.

Originally posted by tomcat5. There are more important issues than this.

Thats just it, this is only the beginning folly. When you have a son and a gay scoutmaster with a record wants to take him camping you will think twice. Not that all would do this, but the odds increase but the same could be said for priests couldnt it? BUt look at the infultration of the Priesthood, they need to let them get married....and have children.

Originally posted by tomcat6. I do not really want or trust the government to invest my money.

UH they dont invest it m8, they spend it immediately, how do you think they get more dependant voters? Its your money.

Originally posted by tomcat7. His proposal to allow more immigration and not tightening the borders is another
tactic to get the Hispanic vote.

True and I disagree with Bush here 75%....

Originally posted by tomcat8. Instead of labeling someone a conservative or a liberal try to compromise. One
persons or parties veiw is not sent from God.

Well that maybe the case, but mine is.
Not many liberal Christians but I might be surprised.

Originally posted by tomcat9. I do not know if I can trust Kerry, but I do know I cant trust Bush to make good policy.

Depends on how you look at his policy, from a michael moore prespective then maybe so...

But from a man who will not release his military records and did what he did to fellow troops......

Originally posted by tomcat10. Who cares about his religous "epifany". Many people change their ways.

Well you can see the great decline in our country values in the last 40 years becuase of that same attitude.......sorry but true..

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
TEN REASONS TO VOTE FOR BUSH

1. To Create more terrorists and increase Al-qaeda recruiting around the world.

2. To turn the US into a complete pariah in the world.

3. To foster superstition and religious ignorance and squelch science.

4. To pollute America's air with more Mercury, and to ravage Americas forests.

5. Because you love being lied to.

6. To increase fiscal irresponsibility by giving tax breaks to Vampire Corporate America and the top 1% and by spending the future earnings of your children and grandchildren.

7. So we can go to war every time Bush's little voices start telling him things.

8. To degrade human beings around the world. To erode civil liberties here at home and treat all foreigners with contempt and some as sub-humans.

9. So Washinton can employ even more over-paid lobbyists than we already do.

10. So when Bush decides 'God' has told him it is the end of the world he can 'push the button'.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join