It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever slept in a wal-mart parking lot?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

I had considered that but I don't know where. I will have to look around. Thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I actually went a few weeks ago to Walmart and noticed a few trailer homes sitting out in the parking lot. So i'm sure you probably aren't the only out there who will be there.

I hope that your situation improves and that you get a place to live

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
At a friend's apartment right now. She is very close to the same situation but she has family to fall back on. She was recently diagnosed stage3 breast cancer. She refuses treatment because she can't afford it and won't let her family party for it. I'm on the fence about her decision but I understand that it's hers.

She joked that I could stay and pay for the bed by being her sex slave. We both got a great laugh out of that. She is my best friend. I'm glad to have her.

I'm going to create a pro and con list for the ideas every one came up with. Thanks for thinking while I wasn't

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

There was also several other people sleeping in there cars. I've seen the campers but never noticed the car sleepers before.

Thanks for you positivity.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Sent you a PM as I do now want to put what I told you on a public forum.

2nd line. Why is it always by itself?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
At a friend's apartment right now. She is very close to the same situation but she has family to fall back on. She was recently diagnosed stage3 breast cancer. She refuses treatment because she can't afford it and won't let her family party for it. I'm on the fence about her decision but I understand that it's hers.

She joked that I could stay and pay for the bed by being her sex slave. We both got a great laugh out of that. She is my best friend. I'm glad to have her.

I'm going to create a pro and con list for the ideas every one came up with. Thanks for thinking while I wasn't

Cheers.

Relieved to read that you have a place for awhile, which will help with the address bit when applying for jobs.

Things will turn around for you soon, and we're all rootin for you !

edit on 22-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I lived in a Sams Club parking lot for 2 weeks in Ontario Cali. and lived in the Williston North Dakota Walmart parking lot for 2 weeks....this was over the Christmas-New Years Holiday it got a little cold.

ETA: you notice the regulars and believe it or not, its pretty common. Many do by choice.
edit on 22-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Mrgone,

I've never been in your situation, but I can empathize. I don't know how helpful it will be, but I'd be glad to help you rewrite your resume. I'm the resident resume writer for just about everyone I know.

As for how you are feeling right now, that is normal. Please, let yourself feel those feelings. A lot of times we tend to bottle up the hurt and the pain, which just internalizes everything and makes it all worse. Go to your car, drive to a secluded spot, and have a good cry. Trust me on this, it will change your outlook on things. Get rid of that emotion and you'll be able to think clearer and make a plan.

I'm in NC, northern part, right in the middle. If you're nearby, I have some possibilities for you. Let me know.

Good luck, my friend. You're in my thoughts and prayers. PLEASE keep us informed of how things are with you.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thank you for the kindness. And the offer. I will PM you when I get back to my friends regarding the resume. I'm in Washington. North of Seattle

Had my good cry in the shower at my friends. You're right. It helped.

Worked out a couple of ideas but I'll share them with everyone in a bit.
You all rock.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
MrGone, I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. But chin up, you've got some great advice on here and it helps just to have people listen, even if they are 'strangers'.
I've been reduced to living in my car before also, but got a job at a fast food joint and went on from there. there are jobs in america, not very glamorous albeit, but income none the less.
So this is just another pep talk I suppose. Put your pride aside, start somewhere, and kharma will follow.
God Bless, doesn't hurt to say a prayer too.

horseplay

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Thank you. I think later when I'm sitting down at my friends I am going to do two things

Write a little bit about what it was.like to squat. And what my next couple of moves are.

It has been a very positive response that has made things brighten up.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I was homeless for 4 months in 09, no one gave a # about me. i feel ya. I slept in a walmart parking lot before. Slept in the place i worked at too. Dont kill yourself. Where are you residing anyway?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I'm north of Seattle.
I won't kill myself. Thanks. I had a friend in the marines who was sent to the Wizard for psyche and he came back and told one of funniest things he ever said. They asked him if he was feeling suicidal and he was confused. He said that if people made him feel bad he'd kill them long before he'd consider killing himself. Just thought that was a funny thing to say. He was good kind of crazy. We agreed we both aren't the suicidal but we disagreed on his other part.

No. I'm not capable of it and am practically Buddhist when it comes to taking life. It was just on the mental list of what's the worst that could happen. It would effect everyone I love negatively. And I'm not going anywhere before I finish my long term goals.

Thanks Brother.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Walmart parking lots can be noisy. I had a small car and it was the most uncomfortable spot to park. Luckily had a few friends to rely on but if the situation got worse I was prepared to squat on an abandoned/foreclosed house. If one squats long enough it is possible to own the deed after a few years. This is called adverse possession. Each state is different. To get the utilities connected just provide the lease papers.
desperate times call for desperate measures and this is a matter of survival.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I can directly relate. I spent almost 2 years living in a condemned house ( though not squatting ) when things got tough. No electricity or running water - and I was working a full time job, though for minimum wage - far less than I previously was used to making.

As to what you do? To quote a bad movie ( Joe Dirt ) you keep on keeping on. Things will improve.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Ive been similarly close. Slept on a few benches a year back...

My advice, and i know you may not want to hear some of the stuff..

Get on your feet again. Work as much as humanly possible. Two full time jobs if necessary. Find an apartment, or a living space, even if its above someones garage; to rent. Even if its got roaches, which i hope not, its still a decent start and somewhat viable for living. Also, you won't be living there if you're working constantly. As you get yourself back up to par. Consider going back to get a degree in a different field. Don't EVER give up though.

Keep Moving,
Mike

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There is something in you that needs worked out of you, beat out of you, exercised (if demonic dyybuk)... anyway when you seen your situation. Happening you did not respond. Now you are where you are. Face it fast and get it all out or what's broken fixed so you never let this happen again.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Double post
edit on 22-8-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
'raising my hand'.....

I too have had to sleep in parking lots...not a wal-mart but, a parking lot none the less.

My best advice is...put your pride aside!!!

If you are lucky enough to be offered help...accept it. This is where I failed!

I let my pride and ego get in the way of honest and pure help.

There ARE good people out there that really just want to help those less fortunate.

I wish you are on the east coast...I could at least offer you help in finding a decent job and even possibly free room and board for awhile.

Seriously!! If you find yourself on this side of the country....I would help you in a heartbeat.

As long as you're not a psychotic killer of course

edit on 22-8-2012 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Being that your an ex-Marine, hit up the local VA Hospital....they can help you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join