It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool little tool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hello,

This section seems a little dead, not sure how many web designers there are here but I just thought I'd share a little tool I found that can potentially save a lot of time. It applies vendor prefixes to the appropriate CSS3 properties and formats your code nicely. It's been very useful to me.

prefixcss.com

It would be nice if this section was a little busier.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Its in beta right now, be careful. But its a nice idea, although there are applications out there that do the same (sorry it has been a while, so no links/names)

--not related to your link--
"true" webdesign was always bordered with WYSIWYG and/or online code generators.
That´s the reason I think there isn´t much activity around here. Today, most people throw nukephp or typo on the servers and click around those editors, not really grasping what they do.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Its in beta right now, be careful. But its a nice idea, although there are applications out there that do the same (sorry it has been a while, so no links/names)

--not related to your link--
"true" webdesign was always bordered with WYSIWYG and/or online code generators.
That´s the reason I think there isn´t much activity around here. Today, most people throw nukephp or typo on the servers and click around those editors, not really grasping what they do.

Yeah I've seen others but all the ones I've seen don't have formatting options or support @keyframes and media queries. It seems to work perfectly although it's in beta, the worst that could happen is it doesn't apply a prefix or fails to parse the code, hasn't happened yet though. Saves me a lot of time since my main browser is Chrome, I tend to only apply -webkit- prefixes while developing the layout.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A useful tool, nonetheless. But I have no idea what you talking about with the keyframes ^^.
Its been some years, spending time on the actual design. This all develops faster than I can follow. Maybe its because I´m getting older and older. Damn never thought about that.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
A useful tool, nonetheless. But I have no idea what you talking about with the keyframes ^^.
Its been some years, spending time on the actual design. This all develops faster than I can follow. Maybe its because I´m getting older and older. Damn never thought about that.

It's a CSS3 method used by the animation property, it has an unusual format:

@keyframes name [
0% [color: #000;]
100% [color: #fff;]
]

as do media queries, so other CSS parsing tools tend to screw up when they're given this.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the kind explanation

From a programmers view, this is easy to implement (not meant to devalue that script)
Well, sometimes you just have to do it yourself if nobody does.

I remember about 2002/2003 I had the idea to start a pizza ordering portal online. Thought the time is not ripe yet and forgot about it. Now, 5 years later, they popped up everywhere. If I had started one, I would be a rich men I guess. I bite my ass every time I see one of those websites.
We tend to think somebody had this idea before and dismiss it. Until someone does it and then everyone follows.

new topics

top topics

join