It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran bans women from Universities - because the men are being upstaged!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Yeah but remember, according to some ATS members, these women arent oppressed, infact, their obviously doing better than the guys considering they get to stay at home and look after the family, gosh, i'd pick that over bettering myself intellectually anyday! /sarcasm.

Are you kidding??? If my wife made enough I would become Mr. Mom in an instant. Get to spend unheard of time with the kids, dabble with my culinary skills etc???? Total no brainer IMHO.

Isn't choice a nice thing to have eh?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I doubt it has anything to do with intelligence. Schooling systems all over the World go against the way most men learn, which more visual and hands on, while women excel at "traditional" learning that you see in school systems. The same thing that happened in Iran happened in the USA not to long ago; there are now more women in US colleges, and they perform much better than men. And you can go down the line to High School and Grade School where women do much better as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Firstly - love the avatar - Irish by chance?

I doubt it has anything to do with intelligence.

Respectfully disagree - the courses described are both hands on and academic. Also, because the clerics have weighed-in on this there is an element of truth to the story regarding females outshining their male counterparts intellectually and my friends that I refer to in my OP verify that the males in Uni over there get quite pissed when exam results are posted and the girls, as always, dominate the high end of the distribution curve.

One of my Iranian friends I refer to in the OP for instance - she will be a very good surgeon soon, and as you know the skill set required there is both hands-on and academic.

Now, I own a very modified WRX and she has assisted me in stripping it down more than once - and she has only learnt mechanics from me and what she has observed during those times - now I am asking for her advice on my car because she just knows and understands stuff - she's like Data from Star Trek.

And you can go down the line to High School and Grade School where women do much better as well.

Agreed - I have an 8 year old daughter and a 5 year old son and this comment^^^^^ is frighteningly apparent in her school here in Australia, I can even see the difference between her and my son when at the same age. She is/was streaks ahead of my boy (alphabet, counting, reading etc etc)

Hmmm...........wonder why Satan gave Eve the apple and not Adam.........maybe its because he recognised her intended intelligence and she recoginized the value of wisdom as being superior to that of Adams - he was just a "Yes" boy!!

edit on 22-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

He is telling you the story is completely untrue.

Iran has the highest percentage and the best education system in the entire middle east. Women can become religious scholars and anything else they so desire in that country.

(actually I (a woman) would HAVE to go to Iran to become a religious scholar since its the only country that has both the universities and the religious teachings allowing it!)

The media is saying anything they please to make you hate Iran. Shi'ah (very much unlike Sunnis) believe very strongly in the education of women, in all fields and fronts. Knowledge is very highly regarded in Shi'ah Islam and much valued for all sexes!

There is no limitation to the knowledge and education a woman in Iran is allowed to pursue, in ANY field, whether that be the sciences, religion, or any other thing you can imagine a woman is allowed and encouraged full pursuit.
edit on 5-9-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
well ive always said women are smarter than men. too bad they have those damned overly powerful emotions that get in their way. quite sad really.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join