It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama was elected because he's black, Bush was elected because of his name

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Bush and Obama have been a tag team of destruction on the Country.

I have never supported George W. Bush and I have always said if his name was George W. Anderson he would not have been elected.

It's even worse with Obama. As a black man, I wanted the first Black President to be elected based on his qualifications not because of his skin color.

If Barack Obama's name was Barry O'Conner and he was white, he wouldn't get anywhere near the Presidency.

So Obama presented himself as a symbol of change. This had everything to do with his Color. The change was electing the first black President. This is why Obama talked about the moment. Electing a Black President was a big moment, so his little experience and lack of leadership skills meant nothing. He could give a good speech and he's black.

His color is also the reason why there's so many unanswered questions about Obama. People in the media are scared to ask these questions because they don't want to be called racist. Here's a few things.

Obama has a SS number from Connecticut and never lived there. It was reports that he used multiple SS numbers. Just imagine if Bush had a SS number from Ohio and never lived there. The press would be all over it but not a peep from them because it's Obama.

Obama ties to Tony Rezko has never been vetted by the press. Again, if this was a republican they would be all over this story.

Obama hasn't released College records or his passport. Did he claim to be a citizen of Indonesia? Did he get any help paying for College from foreign sponsers?

Obama and Larry Sinclair. Did Obama know Larry Sinclair? Again, if this was Romney, the press would be all over it.

Obama has ties to Rod Blagojevich and Jesse Jackson Jr. Rod is in Jail and Jesse is now bipolar. What's Obama's connection to this? If a former Governor from Texas went to jail while Bush was in office, the press would live in Texas looking for dirt.

What about Black Liberation Theology? Obama was a follower of BLT under Jeremiah Wright. BLT is the Christian version of the Nation of Islam. This is why Jeremiah Wright went to Libya with Farrakhan and also gave Farrakhan an award at his Church. This is why Obama says he's bringing "Collective Salvation" to the Country.

Why hasn't anyone asked Obama how can he bring "collective salvation" to the Country. He's just a man and why would anyone need a President for salvation? If Reagan would have said anything about collective salvation, liberals would have been marching in the street claiming Reagan wants a theocracy.

Obama said his individual Salvation depends on bringing a collective salvation to the Country. This is simply horrid on every level.

Who does Obama think he is that he can bring people collective salvation through Government?

This is as radical as it gets. His individual salvation. His relationship with God depends on him bringing collective salvation to the Country??

This is something Ahmadinejad would say. Here's some videos of Obama talking about Collective Salvation. Tying your religion and big government, collectivist ideology together is dangerous to say the least.

edit on 22-8-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Race card post* full of dis-info

Obama was elected because he was well qualified as a congressman, senator, lawyer, and constitutional law professor. He also was extremely charismatic, offered change, and was a democrat after 8 years of terrible Bush rule.

But the main reason is because he is a crony-capitalist

who got millions of dollars from wall-street to finance

his campaign.

And because McCain was old and senile and went on to pick Sarah Palin for VP

edit on 22-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
No, Obama was elected because he is a 52nd cousin of Bush. For the last few decades all of your presidents have come from the same family.

Gotta keep it in tha family! Everything else, black/white, republican/democrat, is just there to help pull the wool over your eyes.

You want to know who'll be the next pres? Just check the family tree and go place your bets.

You cant vote against a planned presidency! You're rulers are not elected, they are chosen!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Nope not racist but as a black man, I do understand if you don't talk about Obama as if he was born to save the world then you're a racist.

It's true. Obama was elected because of his skin color. It was the moment not his experience.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Where's the family tree so I can start placing my bets now?

edit on 22-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by RealSpoke

Nope not racist but as a black man, I do understand if you don't talk about Obama as if he was born to save the world then you're a racist.

It's true. Obama was elected because of his skin color. It was the moment not his experience.

I agree with you regardless of how many others cry racist. I think that black people really wanted to see a black person in the highest office in the free world (and who can blame anyone for that) and I think a lot of white people voted for him to prove that they weren't racist or to assuage some kind of "white guilt" about things that happened in the past.

Anyone here is free to pull the damned race card over this and I am free to ignore it because it just isn't the truth. It's a scapegoat and an easy way to avoid talking about the real issues or muddy the waters so much that nobody can discuss the issues either. It may not be a PC point of view, but I feel the OP is correct. Just because it isn't PC doesn't make it not true. And just because it isn't PC it doesn't make it racism.

JMHO of course.
edit on 8/22/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
They were both elected because both Dems and Reps are suckers.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

People in the media are scared to ask these questions because they don't want to be called racist..

Really? Go watch the news, I can tell you don't watch much.

Obama has a SS number from Connecticut and never lived there.

SS says this;

Note: One should not make too much of the "geographical code." It is not meant to be any kind of useable geographical information. The numbering scheme was designed in 1936 (before computers) to make it easier for SSA to store the applications in our files in Baltimore since the files were organized by regions as well as alphabetically. It was really just a bookkeeping device for our own internal use and was never intended to be anything more than that.

www.ssa.gov...

This letter is the Social Security Administrations reply to Private Investigator Susan Daniels in response to her request for an investigation into the Pres. use of a Connecticut Social Security Number

www.scribd.com...

Obama hasn't released College records or his passport.

Neither has Romney. Why would someone release their passport? It has no information in it, it's like seeing someones drivers license. His college transcripts are irrelevant, who cares what grades he got?

Did he claim to be a citizen of Indonesia? Did he get any help paying for College from foreign sponsers?

Did Romney?

Did Obama know Larry Sinclair?

No, as Larry Sinclair has no evidence for anything he says. Sinclair is a career criminal who is trying to milk money out of his garbage accusations.

www.politico.com...

Obama has ties to Rod Blagojevich and Jesse Jackson Jr.

Uhhh what do you mean ties? Obama was a senator and stage congressman, it's not really uncommon to talk to them.

What about Black Liberation Theology?

What about it? The media attacked Rev Wright and Obama

This is why Obama says he's bringing "Collective Salvation" to the Country.

Probably because Obama is a crony capitalist and it will be salvation for his wall-street friends

Tying your religion and big government, collectivist ideology together is dangerous to say the least.

Yeah, better not elect a Mormon

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I hear rightwingers call out on the race card all the time, yet we get threads like this.

reply to post by neoholographic

I have never supported George W. Bush

You and everybody else apparently.

Why don't you explain to us why you don't support George Bush? Many people on this forum claim to have not supported Bush, but then turn around and defend Romney at every turn.

It's even worse with Obama. As a black man, I wanted the first Black President to be elected based on his qualifications not because of his skin color.

Don't you think it's unfair to generalize all those people who voted for Obama? McCain was voted by the majority of whites in this country, does that mean his voters only preferred him because he was white? Al Gore received 90% of the black vote, what does this mean?

If Barack Obama's name was Barry O'Conner and he was white,

...there wouldn't be as many people asking for his birth certificate.

So Obama presented himself as a symbol of change.

....as have most politicians. Your point? Are you new to the game of politics?

It is a fact that many people have social security numbers from states they did not originate from, it is not all that unusual. You would have to demonstrate what Obama is exactly guilty of, not make assumptions or questions and expect something to magically happen to him.

Obama hasn't released College records

What do you want with his college records?

Did he claim to be a citizen of Indonesia?

I don't know, did he? Do you have any evidence yourself? According to the 1945 Indonesian constitution he could not have considering that he was too young to give up his American citizenship for the Indonesian one.

You do know much of what you're spewing out are debunked smears from the 2008 elections? Do you have anything at all that is new??

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
They were both elected because both Dems and Reps are suckers.

That will definitely work for option B.

It's a little bit of everything I suppose.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
i think obama was elected because he's a constituational lawyer.
i think romney will be elected because he's a management consulting industry CEO

so you have Obama come in and bypass his way round the constitution to pass crazy laws limiting peoples' rights
then romney steps in and guts the countrys wealth, selling it off piece by piece to the highest bidder

ofcourse, the Bush Family Circus laid the groundwork for all this long time ago

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
makes you wonder what will happen if Jeb Bush runs in 2016?

I know a lot of people HATE the Bush family (on ATS and other sites, most notably.)
but it's a well known name. and it WILL affect how people vote.
learned about that in a philosophy class.
"keeping with tradition."

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Where's the family tree so I can start placing my bets now?

edit on 22-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Romney may in fact have a "better" royal bloodline.

We all know what that means

This article has an interesting comparison of Obama and Romney.

It is in the quality category that Mitt Romney substantially wins over President Obama.

President Obama has only one single digit cousin (9th cousin or closer) who was either a U.S. President or a U.S. Vice President, President Hoover (8th cousin three times removed, 8C3R).

Mitt Romney has 14 single digit cousins who were either a U.S. President or a U.S. Vice President, and eight of them were Presidents.

Romney Leads Obama in Presidential Genes

I guess Romney will be elected

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic

SSN's are not state based, so wjhat makes you think he has to have lived there?

It was reports that he used multiple SS numbers.

It was also reported that I have invisible pink elephants in my backyard - that does not make it true.

SS number from Ohio and never lived there. The press would be all over it but not a peep from them because it's Obama.

Again, SSN's have nothing to do with states....

Obama ties to Tony Rezko has never been vetted by the press. Again, if this was a republican they would be all over this story.

There is nothing there....

Obama hasn't released College records or his passport.

Neither has any previous President, nor have you.... so why do you demand Obama releases his private records, and have ignored every previous President?
And you have not released your records, so what are you hiding? Why have you had your records sealed?

Did he claim to be a citizen of Indonesia?

No

Did he get any help paying for College from foreign sponsers?

No

snip remainder of rant - ok, we get it, you hate Obama and are not interested in facts, only silly conspiracy theories.
edit on 22-8-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Obama was elected because he wasn't Bush contrary to that most hilarious post a lawyer is "qualified" to be potus.

Oh that was a knee slapper the no name illnois senator "qualified"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DNC kicked Hilary to the curb so that race card could be played ponder that as much as I can't stand hilary she was "better qualified".

Meh.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I got one point into this and had to stop to say... My SSN is most certainly based upon the state I was born in. This is covered here.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Obama was elected because he was well qualified as a congressman, senator, lawyer, and constitutional law professor.

That's funny!

Obama wasn't qualified to be POTUS. He still isn't. He had no executive experience and being a lawyer for the corrupt Acorn group doesn't qualify someone to be POTUS either. He had no military experience or training and is totally clueless on how to be a Commander in Chief. He was just a junior senator with a catch phrase and lots of backing from the corrupt Chicago political machine.

Side note - Romney isn't qualified to be POTUS either.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Race card post* full of dis-info

Obama was elected because he was well qualified as a congressman, senator, lawyer, and constitutional law professor. He also was extremely charismatic, offered change, and was a democrat after 8 years of terrible Bush rule.

But the main reason is because he is a crony-capitalist

who got millions of dollars from wall-street to finance

his campaign.

And because McCain was old and senile and went on to pick Sarah Palin for VP

To clarify the myths.

Obama was never a "Professor".

He was an instructor.

There is a big difference.

and he was never a Congressman.

His "Lawyer" experience is limited. Very limited.

He is a good "classroom" lawyer however.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
My SSN is most certainly based upon the state I was born in. This is covered here.

Oh dear, you are one of those people "I saw it on some website on the internet so it must be true"

How about you go to a proper source (one that has been posted in this thread, but you ignored as it destroys your claim) - the department that actually issues SSN's, not some random's website, and you would have seen:

Note: One should not make too much of the "geographical code." It is not meant to be any kind of useable geographical information. The numbering scheme was designed in 1936 (before computers) to make it easier for SSA to store the applications in our files in Baltimore since the files were organized by regions as well as alphabetically. It was really just a bookkeeping device for our own internal use and was never intended to be anything more than that.

But birthers ignore that, as it shows their silly conspiracy theory to be just rubbish!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Not a birther at all. But the fact remains that my own SSN reflects the state I was born in - and I was born in 1966. Soooo.

No - not a "believe everything I read" type at all.

~Heff

ETA:

The Area Number is assigned by the geographical region. Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office. Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant's mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence of the applicant, either prior to 1972 or since.

The SSA itself.

Possibly I'm not the one who believes everything they read???
edit on 8/22/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join