It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So far 2012 has been a most interesting year - something is going on for sure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Wikipedia has a list of the number of times the world was supposed to end.

Just in my lifetime alone I "survived" over thirty. I have no problem "surviving" another.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have seen this video about 7 weeks ago. I thought the video was interesting.(It also inspired me to pack a gobag. I felt crazy doing it but the video had such believable and true clips that I felt the need to prepare for the possibility of the Apocalypse, DoomDay, or whatever you call it.) I even made this saying 'Better to be safe and ready then needy and greedy'. Just wish I knew for sure if its going to happen.!!!???????

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WSandAbnormal
I have seen this video about 7 weeks ago. I thought the video was interesting.(It also inspired me to pack a gobag. I felt crazy doing it but the video had such believable and true clips that I felt the need to prepare for the possibility of the Apocalypse, DoomDay, or whatever you call it.) I even made this saying 'Better to be safe and ready then needy and greedy'. Just wish I knew for sure if its going to happen.!!!???????

We will never know, it will hit us when we least expect it

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickles

Yep. I just hope I'm not in school if it happens. I would have to find a way to my house which is about 10 miles from my school in the mist of panic to get my Gobag and i would bring my good friend... Its also good to have a good plan. Any ideas on a plan. I anyone else doing what i am?!!!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Yep. I have theorised that the smart people in the dumb places have been analysing the data and have known for sometime that the Sun is about flex its muscles a little and have a spring break.

Either that or the hidden history has shown them this event will occur (history and facts that only a small percentage of the world population is allowed to see).

Either way, they are obviously preparing for the worst and going deep underground as they know what is coming won't be pleasant.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Only a few mins into that video,i have mentioned it before so i will not go into to much detail.

That sound is the "EXACT" same sound i heard only once before in my life.

The one that sounds like a sort of drum beat its exactly the same as i heard before.

It seemed to be coming from the sky , i have no idea what it was , never heard it ever again.

I am in North West England

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I, personally, do not believe that we are leading up to some GREAT cataclysm. Only that things on this planet are going to get stranger. I have theories as to why, but I am not scientist, so they remain simple personal theories. What I have noticed is the strange weather over the past few years. Particularly this year, summer.

I have spent the better part of my life being obsessed with Storms. I always watch radar and track storms throughout my province. (Alberta) Last night, one of the wildest storms I have seen in years. (Also the wildest storm several people I have spoken to have seen.) Not only was the lightning absolutely spectacular but I have NEVER heard thunder like that which I heard last night. It sounded almost metallic or mechanical (best way to describe it) rather than the rumblings and booms I am so used to hearing in the prairies.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Sometimes I just think we are more aware, especially since we are approaching a "significant" date in history we are just carrying around more cameras around with us to document stuff that has been going on since... well, since forever. More video cameras on phones, especially over the past 10 years, are showing a lot of interesting things for all the world to see more often now. The world changes and species sometimes die off in mass. Just because we didn't have youtube videos if it 50 years ago (snicker) doesn't mean crap like what is in this video didn't happen.

But I have to say those sounds coming from... everywhere... are kinda unnerving.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

" and a president who has done more to destroy America than anyone before him"
Really? You're really going there? This current president has done more damage then any other president before
him huh? Either A. you have a really short attention span.B. You haven't studied history AT ALL or C. you're just really young and have no clue what you're talking about. Or D. All the above.
I will be the first to admit that president Obama has not followed through will many things he said he was going to do. But by no means has he even come close to damaging this country more then George W. Bush. Period. I don't care how you try and justify that one. The Patriot Act alone has done more damage then we can possibly imagine. The PA raped the hell out of our constitution and left us with no freedom. Not to mention invading countries under false pretenses, killing hundreds of thousands of civilians and thousands of US soldiers. By invading the middle east the US has created more terrorists. And on and on and on and on.. Or how about Nixon? Or what about Woodrow Wilson sighing the Federal Reserve Act which later saying,
"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."
The Federal Reserve is a scam that has kept America in constant debt and has done much more damage then Obama. Obama haters act like America was like a garden of Eden before he came into office.Like America had zero debt and everything was puppy dogs and ice-cream. This is nothing more then a delusion.
Before you make statements like that you need to do some research.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

playing the devil's advocate for a bit,it could be that it seems that it looks like a lot of this stuff is happening all at once,but with cameras,video recorders,internet and media,never in the history of the world has all this info been avaliable to all of us all at the click of a button.
food for thought anyway!
cheers

This is a great point, there have always been multiple issues happening simultaneously around the world, but the age of mass media and internet connectivity is a new thing that people have to account for.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What we have is more awareness of things, but not necessarily in a proper way.

Yes, the current president has not been terribly good at many of the issues facing the United States. Any different from others in a significant way? Not really.

Yes, there are storms. Anything really out of the ordinary? No.

Volcanoes and quakes any different? No.

Animal die offs? No.

Take the time to look at the historical records to understand that current awareness is also very subjective and limited to short intervals of time. People quickly forget that there were events before the one that is in the news.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Don't forget:
HAARP
Reptilians
Shapeshifters
Inner-earth beings
Fish kills
Dog's bad breath
Electric cars
Ginger-kids
Al Sharpton
and legos

The only thing listed there worth any conversation is fish kills. Everything else is either nonsense or irrelevant!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
New to this site. The video is interesting. I too have a feeling of "something is going to happen". Distruction from Space by natural causes, by Ufo's, maybe some kind of nuclear war or mother nature whiping us out. At the same time, i just wonder if the increased instant media / alternate media is what is feeding my belief, and the big difference is that now we all hear about all sorts of stuff we would never find this easily a few years ago, due to the immergance of the internet as a news source. So much turns out to be hoaxes.

Anywho, just wanted to put in my two cents. Look foward to debating with all of you on these topics, i found this place because on most of these "Alternate News Topics" my mind isn't made up. I do know the MSM is feeding me a bunch of doodoo.

Vaed
edit on 23-8-2012 by Vaedur because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2012 by Vaedur because: My Spelling is Horrible

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Now, don't you find that a bit insulting? Why is it the people who just ask questions, trying to come up with an answer or solution the "nuts". Honestly, I think the people who just sit back and don't think twice about strange things going on in the world are "nuts"

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I would argue 1932 was much more interesting than the current year. Let's just look at some of things that occurred that year.

Worst year of the Great Depression
The Dust Bowl is ongoing and will continue for much of the rest of the decade
Japan invades mainland Asia
Peasant uprisings in El Salvador
Mantsala Rebellion in Finland
Charles Lindbergh Jr. is kidnapped
Deadly tornadoes in the South with a death toll of 271
Mass protest in Newfoundland
Scientists split the nucleus of a lithium atom
President of France is assassinated
Assassination of Japanese prime minister
RIots in Bombay leave thousands dead
The Bonus Army
The Chaco War
Military coup in Chile
Military coup in Siam
Constitutionalist Revolution in Brazil
Norway annexes northern Greenland
Positron discovered
Meteorite strikes Archie, Missouri
Iraq becomes independent
FDR becomes president
Riots in Switzerland
A hurricane hits Cuba killing 2,500. It is still the worst natural disaster in Cuba's hstory
Earthquake in China kills 70,000
The heath hen becomes extinct
Suffrage granted in Brazil
Neutron discovered

There's a lot more I could have added as well. So does 2012 really seem so special when compared to 1932 (or any part of the 1930s for that matter)?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

However, the majority of those are because of "man"
Where as, things in the past decade have been much more related to "natural disasters"

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Panda143

Did you not see the earthquake that killed 70,000 (the one in Japan last year killed 16,000); or the hurricane that killed 2,500; or the tornadoes in the US; or the meteor strike in a town? These are the same kinds of things people are making a big deal about this year. Explain to me how the current drought is more "special" than the drought that lasted for almost the entirety of the 1930s known as the Dust Bowl. Natural disasters occur every year. Animals die every year. 2012 is not special. People are simply trying to add significance to events that happen every year. In fact this is also something that happens every year. Go through the archives of ATS and find me a single year where people don't think that some kind of global collapse will occur, or the world will end, or we will all be ascended, or any other trope that has been tied in to 2012.

I say once again 2012 is not special. The only reason you think it is special is because you have been conditioned by the New Age and conspiracy crowd to do so. CTers and New Agers like to act as if they're not followers but in the end they're no different than the people that only get their news from the MSM.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Predator0187 has another interesting thread going that features the vid below that documents an amazing amount craziness in August alone: Signs of impending global cataclysm in August 2012

The cumulative will eventually overcome the naysayers...just a guess.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It all depends on your awareness. If you think 2012 is just another year, you put no importance on what the Maya , the Hopi and other cultures are saying about it.

What will unfold doesnt require us to understand it though.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Samuelis
That rumbling sound must be the elite trying to burrow underground. Would make sense as we don't hear it here in Australia.

Bull#.

I've heard it on two occasions mate!

A simple Google search on "strange sounds Australia" shows a lot of people hearing it. Do people still believe the mass media is telling them whats happening? It has nothing to do with the underground bases. The sound is filling the athmosphere and is not coming from below only.

The scientific explaination is very entertaining so you should read it for some lulz. They are explaining it as sun activity causing these deep sounds in the atmosphere. Well of course!

www.kipnews.org...

edit on 24-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join