It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicine question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Recently started talking with a buddy of mine who has been concerned about the way things are headed in the world, one thing let to another and I was giving him advise on building a bug out bag etc...

Then he asked me one I didn't have an answer to....what if there are meds you have to have but can't store?
seems his wife has MS and takes copaxone...

Does anyone know of any alternatives to this? Something with a decent shelf life or something natural?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

to answer you question i know nothing that will help ur buddy's wife, maybe hit up a ms site, but the real issue here is people that need special meds and treatment are going to have a really hard time surviving a post apocalyptic world and there conditions might even keep there loved ones from surviving. in the post apoc world there is no time for resting cause u dont feel good or taking time to look for asprin when u got a headache, so for some one that has major issues it almost impossible to survive and now there loved ones wont leave them behind so they will suffer the same fate as there sick and injured.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Here are some websites I found that talk about alternative treatments to MS

SOURCE

Earthclinic.com

The last link mentions a book that has been written about the holistic treatment of MS.

Hope that gives you a place to start....My prayers are with your buddy and his wife.

Pax

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

I recommend looking into herbal remedies.
The pharma is a trap to make you a consumer of their poison for life.
There are many things that a person who suffers from MS and most other ailments can take for relief...Look into them.
Also, if drugstores suddenly become "unavailable" you will know where nature can provide the relief that is sought
Take Care
ETA Try to avoid taking any natural assists while on pharma...Natural substances seem to work well together, but when you throw pharma into the mix is when you get bad reactions
edit on 22-8-2012 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
.....thats always a hard question. I have degenerative disk disease so i have been over ordering and lowering my dose to stock up. Ive been doing it for a year now and have close to a two year supply. Ive also been ordering antibiotics and now have 36 full courses.

long turm the antibiotics are good for 10 years plus depending on how you store them. But when it comes to pain, store Tasmanian poppy seeds. Tasmanian poppy seeds are not illegal and it’s not illegal to grow them. Its only illegal to harvest them for their pain killing properties. In the pharmaceutical world Tasmanian poppies are harvested to make morphine and other pain killing drugs. I do not recommend growning them but storing the seeds is 100% legal as well as using the seeds for bread.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Textreply to post by okiecowboy

Positive energy coming to your friend and his wife. The only thing I could add to the helpful comments would be about the water we take our medications with. How important good water is for our bodies. The municipality that makes my local water adds 6 chemicals to it before sending it out to the public, fluoride being the worse in my book. I'm no chemist but these chemicals must have some effect on the pharmaceuticals we ingest.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I second the suggestion of learning the medicinal qualities of herbs and wild plants.
The Peterson's Field Guide to Wild Medicinal Plants is a must have.
Certain medications your only alternatives are to stock up if possible, find a veterinary medicine that is comparable or make the drug store your first visit after TSHTF.
I for one will be in big trouble when it happens.
Despite decades of studying wild plants I may not have enough knowledge still and I freely admit it.
It's going to be a very hard time for countless people who rely on pharmaceuticals.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Directed at Bad Pharma

Yes, we even have animals with huge vet bills, cancer treatments ect.....the alternative to medicine is death sometimes. Ask Alex Jones for help hahahahaha!!!

Pharma is the bad guy until his snake oil keeps your 45 year old wife alive. Kinda like a shyster lawyer, they are really greasy slimy until you need one.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks to all that have replied...I have had a visit with my friend and told him the facts so he can mentaly prepare himself...
I have taken things for granted in the fact that my family has no major medical needs...I have training in emergency medical issues...I can set a bone, start an IV etc....but if someone becomes a diabetic or something I am screwed..

So nows it's off to learn more about natures own medicines....
So feel free to post any links you would like leading to such topics

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The cold hard truth is that people with special needs would be the first to die off. The "alternative health" crowd can push their vitamins and herbs all they want but at the end of the day MS will slowly wear a person down no matter what.

top topics

join